PLAYERID NAME - First Time Player - Requirement

Please can you make it so people are REQUIRED to create an Account PLAYERID name on creating their first character.

Its rather annoying asking thousands on players in alliance to change their ID so we can chat to them by name, rather than reffering to them as their PN code.

it requires a premium acct and not everyone wants to pay for it, so they should make it free to do so, also it would help if you explained how to do so as most people don't know how to do this

@TRAVISTYxxx No, it doesn't. The first Player ID change is free, and this is mentioned during the first log-in, though I imagine most people ignored it with their excitement to get in as fast as possible.

@AndrlCh I'm not sure about that, I played in CBT and didn't get this so I'm not sure about OBT but I see more and more people asking how to change it ingame. Players should be forced to change this when they create there first time character as atm it's kinda crazy seeing PN42342344544 when trying to find someone on your Friendlist or Though the Shop.

@Zone said in PLAYERID NAME - First Time Player - Requirement:

@AndrlCh I'm not sure about that, I played in CBT and didn't get this so I'm not sure about OBT but I see more and more people asking how to change it ingame. Players should be forced to change this when they create there first time character as atm it's kinda crazy seeing PN42342344544 when trying to find someone on your Friendlist or Though the Shop.

Yes, thats correct. They should make everyone make a PlayerID. Would make life easier for everyone.

I think this is a mandatory everyone should do. Especially, since the game defaults to showing Player ID instead of name.

Also, if the game is telling you to pay to change your ID when you haven't. Reload and try it again.

@Zone I remember it from the first day of the CBT, so I asked my sister to let me use her XBox account to check this (so I thank her for that).

Here is the first screen that popped up when I went to create a character on a fresh account: alt text I imagine most people just quickly clicked through this prompt without reading it.

I 100% agree with this suggestion it’s gets really annoying I have told all of my friends to change it, we even had a problem where me and a friend couldn’t whisper or party together but as soon as he changed his id it was fixed