Why did I lose progress and why dose diving attack not work

Okay, logged on today after starting the game last night, ended when going back to the one guy's house after exploring the town and talking to people. When I logged back in just a few minutes ago, suddenly I'm all the way back to gathering the veggies! I've got a pile of bugs and I'm not even out of the tutorial. Thing is, this campaign is going, making me feeling like I need to get through this bit, but the game really seems to need a few more weeks in development and a massive server infrastructure upgrade. Are there any trick settings to get around these issues or is it just this bad for now?

And another new problem. Diving Attack doesn't work no matter what I try. I have tried pressing jump and attack at the same time, I have tried Jump then Attack, Double Jump then Attack, every combination of jump and attack. Diving Attack just isn't happening. Either the control doesn't work like the game says or this is another bug. Not sure which this time. Good grief this game needed another three months in development. There was never a reason to rush Global after all.

The tutorial resets you back to a certain checkpoint if you log out in the middle. I'm also not sure what the checkpoints are.

Diving attack needs to hold left mouse button then hit space, but only after the tutorial for it has been done, I think.

@sheizansc Ok I'll try that...

The tutorial says to press left mouse button while holding space for rather than the other way around so they should hopefully fix that

It's a little finicky, I tend to have better luck with pressing click and space at the same time. Though I think it tends to be more likely to work if you've already spent your double jump

@PyroSaphuron said in Why did I lose progress and why dose diving attack not work:

@sheizansc Ok I'll try that...

The tutorial says to press left mouse button while holding space for rather than the other way around so they should hopefully fix that

oh, this is correct actually, sorry. I tried ingame and it worked more with holding space then left click mouse.

The diving attack controls are kinda tricky. I recommend using the attack from your abilities and put it on your quickbar. Way more comfortable that way