JP NGS region lock

Is it true that non-JP players are not able to log in to NGS Jp version? What are your thoughts on this?

It seems this is true. Tons of people have reported this on Discord and other places through the day. It seems to be a region lock, likely to follow suit with Global in locking out those that aren't meant to be playing their version

Yes.

My thoughts... I guess since I'm a fresh start rather than carrying-over type, I don't really mind, but people who can't bring their limited collab costumes they bought, too bad.

Although, those people can choose other, roundabout options...

What are your thoughts on that?

I honestly don't mind either way. SEGA was always prepared to suspend non-JP accounts in PSO2 if they were using a modified client with an English translation.

It isn't the first time that people had to use VPN/proxy to play JP, been playing on JP since 2012. This is even affecting JP living overseas. There are plenty of people using the default client (not EN patch Tweaker) that cannot play.

I gave NA(back then) a shot and didn't like it. Will play JP with VPN until they ban me. Much rather just quit the game than going to global again.

Can confirm that you will get Error 249 if you log in with a non JP IP address into the JP version. I am not going to risk my account since I feel this could also be a mistake since some JP players are reporting that they cannot log into the game. If it comes to it I will probably just quit playing the game if they don't repair this.

@YagyuChan said in JP NGS region lock:

Can confirm that you will get Error 249 if you log in with a non JP IP address into the JP version. I am not going to risk my account since I feel this could also be a mistake since some JP players are reporting that they cannot log into the game. If it comes to it I will probably just quit playing the game if they don't repair this.

Better stop playing then. It seems VERY intentional to IP block and ban those trying to access their game from outside of JP. The japanese players seem very adamant about wanting players banned who aren't japanese.

Wanted to know how about the other way around? Can Japanese people / japan IP play Steam version? But as I know in Japan it's not released in Steam, it has it own launcher, but does that still means the server is all connected in one huge server together global & JP?

Because I have a friend living in Japan. If we can both connect or meet in the game, then I would really like to ask him to play as well.

@Shimamura24 Despite there being a Japanese language option for both text and voice in the Global version, Japan is technically not a supported region for it. Your friend could play the Global version, but it would require them to either use a VPN (which could get their Steam account banned), or for them to change their PC's region to one that is supported and download from the Microsoft Store (to buy AC and such, they would need to load their account with XBox Gift cards from the matching region); from there, it is just a question of seeing whether or not Japanese IPs are blocked when connecting to the Global servers.