PSA: EP Oracle Pack and EP6 Deluxe Pack removed with zero warning or announcment

Title. No prior heads-up like what they did with the other "Founder's packs" (The PSU packs and Tails Collab pack). They were very meticulous with announcing the removal of those packs too, but not these ones I guess. And unlike those Founder's packs, EP Oracle and EP6 Deluxe didn't have anything too egregious inside them like SG and Mission Pass Gold tickets (the latter being removed, and the former not being directly purchasable anymore), and were both available up until now. I get trying to get people into NGS, but where was the warning?

Really sucks since I was considering getting a few of their items (especially the EP Oracle emotes), but whelp.

It was hidden away in some other announcement I think. But yeah shady none the less.

This is the second forum thread on this topic, the last one was posted a few weeks ago, when founders packs were removed. Oracle was considered a founders pack. Could people please pay attention to news and information when it is released, instead of starting threads like this.? And the Delux pack, while not mentioned, given how much content they were doing away with, it seems like when SEGA made a claim during their info drops on NGS, that all pack content was going away, as were the sale of SG outside of the game.

@Anarchy-Marine said in PSA: EP Oracle Pack and EP6 Deluxe Pack removed with zero warning or announcment:

This is the second forum thread on this topic, the last one was posted a few weeks ago, when founders packs were removed. Oracle was considered a founders pack. Could people please pay attention to news and information when it is released, instead of starting threads like this.? And the Delux pack, while not mentioned, given how much content they were doing away with, it seems like when SEGA made a claim during their info drops on NGS, that all pack content was going away, as were the sale of SG outside of the game.

https://pso2.com/news/server-info/maintenancenotes0525 This only referred to the PSU and Tails Collab packs, not EP Oracle and EP6.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/missionfounders0423 And that was the first announcement they made on discontinuing packs. It's even more frustrating since they didn't even list out which exact packs were getting removed, just a vague picture.

And again, the Deluxe pack didn't contain SG; it had two 15 day passes of Premium, but Premium is of course still a thing. EP Oracle literally just had the badges and a EX boost.

@Tenant-0 You clearly didn't watch the streams on their YouTube channel regarding NGS. They made it clear that a bunch of this stuff was going away. The second they said that packs in general, (while they were talking about events leading up to NGS's launch) were going away, and SG would no longer be buyable from any storefront, that alone told me Oracle and the deluxe pack were going out the door. Where you one of the players that was waiting for NGS to launch before you started playing the game again?

@Anarchy-Marine Quit it with this presumptuous attitude. I've been playing for more than half a year, but I never watched their streams, nor should I (and anyone else) expect to get my news from there. I check the NEWS section of the site for my news, and their twitter, and in an ideal world that's where I would have been informed. But it's not even that they were vague about it; concerning those two specific packs, they've never mentioned them by name anywhere. It took a "bug" with removing the packs to finally mention some by name, and it was only the PSU and Tails ones. Call it being a stickler, but that's just negligence on the community team's part.

And really, who'd even know about any of these packs if they weren't already playing and paying attention to the game? Why do you default to pretentious conclusions like that?

@Tenant-0 Because many of the people I've noticed complain about this, and some of the other perceived issues, would later go onto admit they hadn't been staying up to date on everything, because they had minimal, or no game related activity, and didn't think it was worth their time to watch the streams, or in some cases, didn't even read the news section. Kind of done with people placing blame on others because they couldn't be bothered to stay current with the games information, be it news section, or the live streams. If you had been an active player, you'd have bought the packs when they first became available, like pretty much every other active player, who could afford to do so, that I saw. Some even sold items from those packs in the player store. I almost bought the persona mask one of my friends were selling, but i needed my meseta for my gear, for the then end game. Point is you had several months to buy the packs in question, and you are only now complaining about it after the fact.

I could've sworn there was a week's notice that all the founders packs were being removed.

@Kofi9867 said in PSA: EP Oracle Pack and EP6 Deluxe Pack removed with zero warning or announcment:

I could've sworn there was a week's notice that all the founders packs were being removed.

More than that, but people don't seem to bother with announcements. We were told in advance about the packs being removed. It's only a minor amount of players that keep screaming, "WELL THEY DIDN'T SAY SPECIFICALLY THIS SO THEY LIED!"

Just normal forum drama over something announced awhile ago. Reminds me when some forum peeps said the Mission Pass for PSO2 wouldn't go away despite there being an announcement on it.

@Zeke said in PSA: EP Oracle Pack and EP6 Deluxe Pack removed with zero warning or announcment:

@Kofi9867 said in PSA: EP Oracle Pack and EP6 Deluxe Pack removed with zero warning or announcment:

More than that, but people don't seem to bother with announcements. We were told in advance about the packs being removed. It's only a minor amount of players that keep screaming, "WELL THEY DIDN'T SYA SPECIFICALLY THIS SO THEY LIED!"

Just normal forum drama over something announced awhile ago. Reminds me when some forum peeps said the Mission Pass for PSO2 wouldn't go away despite there being an announcement on it.

What was even better, were the players sharing the announcement on the misson pass going away in base PSO2, were basically ignored, and told they were wrong. The mission pass is supposed to only be in NGS going forward, and at a later date, but that's it, it's not coming back for anything but NGS, if it does.

@Anarchy-Marine Again, I shouldn't have to watch the streams to get relevant info, but I was always reading and keeping an eye on the news posts, and by your wording it doesn't even sound like the streams even had much more elaboration than the news posts. Is it that hard to just suggest they refer to the packs by name in the first place? (To say nothing that "Founder's Pack" is already weird terminology when the packs themselves never even had the word "Founder" in them)

There are a ton of "active players" too that don't spend a dime on this game, neither. Why do you think there are people raising a ruckus over the Personal Shop passes being removed? My life doesn't revolve around this one game: why do you default that I have to spend my precious income on this game on some vanity pack the immediate second it releases? When I didn't even immediately want it then anyway? I (mostly) waited until NGS for the express reason that I try to reasonably stay within a thing called a budget, and with a new major update/expansion/sequel on the horizon, it shouldn't be unusual at all to just wait and see how it actually ends up playing out. If NGS turned out to be less than stellar or borked on release, then yes I would have postponed buying more, and why shouldn't I?

And even then, I already have bought an EP Oracle pack before this; on the 25th of May even: the day before maintenance they would have discontinued "select" (wording from the initial news post) packs, until a bug kept them from removing them immediately, which they then (finally) listed out the specific packs they were referring to. I already linked those relevant articles.

I had my eye on some of the accessories and even some of the basewears (Again, to see how they'd end up looking on NGS) after the emotes ate most of my green badges. And not all of the items in there are even sellable on the player market, so that's not even an option in those cases either.

I get not wanting to throw blame around, but I can't stress enough that I was staying current with the game and its news; maybe not by your strict definition, but I obviously had to follow the game just to know what the transition to NGS was gonna be like. If someone has to be making assumptions and guesses, educated or otherwise, on little things like this concerning announcements, when all it takes for whoever handles this news to be just a touch bit more elaborate, then I don't see how that can't be considered a failing on the community team, even if all this is just a drop in the ocean.

And the cherry on top of all this is that they're still using the EP Oracle and EP6 Pack ads in the loading screens too; there's really no excuse for this other than negligence.