WTF IS THIS?! Where is texture resolution?

Ffffffffffffff..........

alt text

ULTRA settings? RLY?!

alt text

Ultra settings in FHD. It's an april fool joke?

alt text

Why NGS looks worst then original PSO2? Why this looks like mobile trash?

It's the asset streaming system. Frankly it's garbage. Run the benchmark with the DoF/Motion blur turned off and you'll see across 12 different runs that almost every time you'll get a different mishmash of textures and LODs that load one run and not another. Some times it looks alright, other runs it looks like a low res piece of ass.

Then watch the opening video of NGS and you'll see how the game could look if the LOD/Asset streaming was not terrible. Because clearly there are high res textures out there somewhere in the game. Just never loaded seems like.

Is this a PC only issue? Because it looked mostly fine on my console. I say mostly, because I had to adjust the settings in game, via the options tab to fix a texture issue, which was tied to the balanced Option I chose upon my first login. Im running it on high settings, on an OG Xbox One, and it looks way better that the pictures here.

Edit: Here, keep in mind this is heavily compressed due to the Xbox App. I also had to crop it to share it. Point is, this isnt the resolution I saw while playing, it looked cleaner. I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow.

20210610_014310.png

PC here - other than having some slight texture pop ins, I'm not running into the issue the TC is. Either they're trying to get the game to run on a piece of hardware that's far below the minimum specs, or have the settings down to their lowest.

I'm running at High at a consistent 60 FPS, and not seeing anything even remotely close to what the TC posted so... dunno what he's doing wrong, but it's something that's likely on his end, not the game's.

Have not seen any of this. I run in ultimate with 60 fps vsync, on wqhd. it looks pretty good and feels very fluid.

Nice reflections, crisp textures and pretty effects.

The sign is poor, but the mobs are legit. Cheer up, buttercup! PSO2:NGS is totally F2P, and it only wants you to experience the best without sacrificing a monthly service fee. It is not even 24 hours in, broman!

These issues are likely to persist weeks or month down the line

All because it’s free doesn’t mean there isn’t better alternatives to go to. ;3

I have a pretty powerful PC, I've set the graphics to middling, and I still get stutter when I leave town, enter town, or level up. The game looks fine, but it seems to be pretty badly optimized.

Excuse me but.... this always happen when you start the game up... From my experience, I always see this and had to manually turn the graphic settings myself to fix it.

The cloud textures are actually bad regardless of settings or platform. Can't explain the rest though. Haven't had those issues on my series S. Nor have I seen them in streams yet.

Idk game looks great on my machine. Tried playing at 4k resolution?

@Robo-Mason-S said in WTF IS THIS?! Where is texture resolution?:

The sign is poor, but the mobs are legit. Cheer up, buttercup! PSO2:NGS is totally F2P, and it only wants you to experience the best without sacrificing a monthly service fee. It is not even 24 hours in, broman!

Yeah! You've inspired me! In fact "It's free!" will be the motto of a company i'll make that offers questionable services. When victims complain, i'll just say "I just want you to experience things! Why are you complaining?" Hmmm, i think i'll shorten that to "it's just a prank, bro!" for the benefit of morons and pansies.

So the only issue I had thus far, is random points where my screen blacks out for a split second, literally 1second, maybe a bit less time than even that, and then it goes back to normal. This happens on both PSO2 Base, and NGS. That said, if nobody else is having that issue, it might be my hardware, as it is going to be a six year old console come this November.

My console is prolly at it’s breaking point as well, but I’ve been noticing the cardboard box emote has a higher texture on pso2 than NGS.

Maybe pso2 is downgraded in NGS?