How to Transfer Items from PSO2 to New Genesis

Do I have to link my PSO2 account to transfer what transfers? Or how does it work? I know levels skills etc do not transfer.

Its surprisingly straight forward.

Once you've cleared the tutorial stuff and landed in multiplayer, hit the main menu and open the Items window while in the city. In the Items menu, hit the orange bar at the top of the window, that'll bring up your full account storage.

Congrats, You now have access to your whole PSO2 storage. PSO2 Character inventory will need to be dropped in Storage, But otherwise anything thats in any of your storages will be immediately available to retrieve in NGS.

Its a blessing and a curse to have that shared storage though lol. Blessing cos it unifies our storage, cursed because our stock of PSO2 stuff that doesn't transfer is a waste of storage space >_<

Do I have to do anything on the PSO2 side? I don't see any of my cosmetics or anything in that storage. But I haven't played PSO2 in a while.

You don't need to do anything on PSO2 side.

If you want to transfer any of your weapons, units, or camos, make sure to unequip them in PSO2 main then you can pick them up in NGS from the storage terminal. And you will need to do the same thing to transfer them back (The items can stay in either side's inventory during the switch).

Ugh I'll have to reinstall PSO2 then. Thanks!

@alex33x You don't need to install PSO2, at the NGS character selection screen you can choose whether to log into PSO2 or NGS when selecting your character once you complete the prologue in NGS.

@Beardie said in How to Transfer Items from PSO2 to New Genesis:

@alex33x You don't need to install PSO2, at the NGS character selection screen you can choose whether to log into PSO2 or NGS when selecting your character once you complete the prologue in NGS.

Yup I figured it out, I was on the wrong Ship. Once I check them one by one I found my characters so I have access to everything now.

To clarify the account link thing (since it's a thing I've seen a lot of new / returning players ask), it has nothing to do with NGS. The account linkage thing is a thing that got introduced when the game was released on steam, it serves as a way to play the game on multiple platforms (xbox/ms store vs steam vs EGS) with the same account.

If you just want to play PSO2/NGS on a single platform forever, it's not something you have to worry about.

The whole game is there already. I don't think any platform has the NGS-only client available yet. Once you do enough main quest to open the Ryuker device you can slide over to PSO2 from the block change on the ryuker. You can also just hit login to PSO2 on the login screen past that point (actually, it stops being grayed out before this point, but not sure if it'd break anything trying it so I didn't) Also, you can access that character's regular PSO2 inventory on the NGS side if you open storage from an actual storage terminal, and not just in the field. If the item is equipped on the other side it probably won't let you pull it though