NGS not using correct character model for base PSO2 characters when viewed by another person

So is this happening for anyone else? To go into more detail with the problem, on my screen my character looks fine like how it always looked however to my friend I look completely different than what's shown on my screen and vice versa. And it seems the only way to fix this for now is to select a look from the customize looks menu option. But when switch zones or loading into a new block also breaks the models.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/12057/character-model-bugs

I think you may have the same problem I do.

@Zyky You all should present this problem to Customer Support as soon as possible, along with screenshots of what you and others have observed. If it's a real bug that you all have found, then they need to know about this as soon as possible. There is a chance that this bug only manifests under certain conditions, and they would need to find out what those conditions are.

This probably doesn't need to be said, but character design and cosmetics are big selling point for PSO2, so if there is any chance that characters are displaying inconsistently, or even the thought that this could happen, it would be catastrophic both for the peace of mind of the players, and for the immersion process.

@Rei-Murasame Done 😄 myself plus my bf have reported it so hopefully it gets some attention. In fact you are 100% correct, my bf who has been a long time fashion lover in PSO2 is heart broken right now because of it and refuses to play. It is definately a huge problem, especially those who play purely for fashion and character design.

@Rei-Murasame said in NGS not using correct character model for base PSO2 characters when viewed by another person:

@Zyky You all should present this problem to Customer Support as soon as possible, along with screenshots of what you and others have observed. If it's a real bug that you all have found, then they need to know about this as soon as possible. There is a chance that this bug only manifests under certain conditions, and they would need to find out what those conditions are.

This probably doesn't need to be said, but character design and cosmetics are big selling point for PSO2, so if there is any chance that characters are displaying inconsistently, or even the thought that this could happen, it would be catastrophic both for the peace of mind of the players, and for the immersion process.

Already have thankfully, did it last night anyways.

Still though I think it's weird that your own character looks normal on your own screen but not on other people's screens.

Some additional information I saw in a tweet to PSO2 Global was that this was a huge bug in Japan that happened before NGS release. Since they got the new models before NGS, the bug was present there as well and as such, got fixed before NGS. Would be nice if a fix is already in place somewhere else.... All global has to do is merge it into our version of PSO2 which needs to happen quick 😛

@Zyky said in NGS not using correct character model for base PSO2 characters when viewed by another person:

Some additional information I saw in a tweet to PSO2 Global was that this was a huge bug in Japan that happened before NGS release. Since they got the new models before NGS, the bug was present there as well and as such, got fixed before NGS. Would be nice if a fix is already in place somewhere else.... All global has to do is merge it into our version of PSO2 which needs to happen quick 😛

Hopefully it's being addressed in this update, though honestly I won't hold my breath.

Maintenance is over, so are you all noticing any graphical fix?

No change, still look like incredible hulk XD. One thing we tested was go into the Salon and out and that "seemed" to fix briefly however when transfering blocks or relogging, back to Hulk form to other players.

Okay, I'd like to test something to see if there is any way to detect this problem without having to rely on others to point it out.

Can you transfer block at a Ryuker Device, and then go to Item Trader Travis in Central City, tap on 'Item Recycle', and then tell me if the preview window in that dialogue screen there actually shows the broken/distorted image to you?

My bf and I just performed this test and on both of our screens we are distorted and look huge but in the preview window suggested above, we look normal.

@Zyky Okay, and I have some other questions to check a few more things, so bear with me:

• When you two configured your appearance, did you do this by (1) using the NGS character designer to create from scratch, or (2) using the NGS character designer to basically just select and use your existing PSO2 base character, or (3) importing a character file from the Benchmark which had used data you exported from PSO2 base, or (4) importing a character file from the Benchmark which had been designed from scratch in the Benchmark?

• Does your appearance use (1) PSO2 base clothes, PSO base accessories, and PSO2 base face, or (2) PSO2 base face, but NGS body/clothes? or (3) NGS face but PSO2 base body/clothes? or (4) NGS face, NGS clothes, NGS accessories?

These may seem like weird questions, but I'm basically trying to see what conditions this issue occurs under.

@Rei-Murasame (2) using the NGS character designer to basically just select and use your existing PSO2 base character (1) PSO2 base clothes, PSO base accessories, and PSO2 base face

For both of us that is. We enjoy using the old styles in this update.

@Zyky Okay, and my next question would be about the clothes, are you using layering wear, or outfits?