I want to keep playing the old pso2 but the game doesn't open

My PC unfortunately is pretty bad, but I was able to play the old pso2, after the update the game doesn't open anymore and the message appears that my PC doesn't meet the requirements to run the game. Is there any way to just open the old game or I really won't be able to play until I get a better PC that currently costs more than a car? PS: download platform: steam

You need either an XBOX One or Series S/X, OR a CPU upgrade or complete computer replacement. What is your current PC's CPU? You might be able to find a cheap replacement that will work.

@Ragnawind here, I don't think it's worth upgrading it. Here in Brazil 1 dollar is 5R$ and our minimum salary is only 1,100 R$, so I won't be able to play for a while ;/ , all technology products are extremely expensive both due to the crisis of the components and the pandemic, but thanks for the answer. requerimentos.png

@Celticfrost said in I want to keep playing the old pso2 but the game doesn't open:

@Ragnawind here, I don't think it's worth upgrading it. Here in Brazil 1 dollar is 5R$ and our minimum salary is only 1,100 R$, so I won't be able to play for a while ;/ , all technology products are extremely expensive both due to the crisis of the components and the pandemic, but thanks for the answer. requerimentos.png

yeah, that is definitely not worth upgrading. It is better to just get a new computer, so that will unfortunately be awhile.

can we still log in on the old pso2? if so how can I log in I kinda wanna play that over the new genesis

@Shiblie said in I want to keep playing the old pso2 but the game doesn't open:

can we still log in on the old pso2? if so how can I log in I kinda wanna play that over the new genesis

No. The engine was updated for PSO2 and NGS on both global and JP servers. They now both require AVX.

@Shiblie said in I want to keep playing the old pso2 but the game doesn't open:

You'll have to play NGS up to the point in the story that asks you to activate the Ryuker device inside Central City, and when that's done you can use it to move back to PSO2 and play it. After you'll also have the option, when selecting your character, to log in either into PSO2 or NGS.