NGS does not have a global chat

So we have a continuation of the game, but why didn't they add a global chat? I think it would be nice to have a nice global chat instead of block hunting to get your daily social fill.

Eh, I think whenever the bots start popping up, this would be terrible.

@Riesz Bots will be there regardless of chat. If they are going to "upgrade" a game, at least they should add standard features.

Ok, but then we would have to block them 1000 times more, because they can message everyone from everywhere then. Instead of only messaging them in the lobby.

@Riesz Actually, I think it's better to do it in a global chat than individual chats. I haven't seen one spammer/RMTer since launch. Very interesting. 😛

@Nyxerys said in NGS does not have a global chat:

@Riesz Actually, I think it's better to do it in a global chat than individual chats. I haven't seen one spammer/RMTer since launch. Very interesting. 😛

They are there. I have already seen 20 since launch.

Globe chat is not a great idea and should never be considered. I already have trouble keeping up with chat and keeping it clean. The last thing I want to see is a 12-year old spamming stop S**t on my chatbox.

There is A LOT this game doesn't have yet. Its better to look at this game as a very new Open BETA, than an actual release.

Let's see more people to do cut ins and show off their waifus you don't want to see., more people using /toge to be annoying, more perverted SA's spammed. yeah..... Global chat GREAT IDEA.... I prefer to have the chats separated by different blocks thank you very much.

@LashettePSO2 Well you can always just block global chat, turn if off etc. SO you not liking doesn't mean it is something other people don't want and would want in their game. Specially if its something that doesn't effect your experience with just a simple block setting.

If they add that, I'll be sure to have popcorn on standby.

I'm 100% okay with no global chat. In most games in devolves into RMT spam and RP chat. I'll pass on both of those, thanks. XD

No global chat please. The last thing I need go see is people spamming anime memes or arguing with one another.

So completely take away a feature most games have and a lot of people want because... you don't want to be bothered with... turning it off?

@Aperture-Mage We haven't had the ability to meaningfully curate our chats in PSO2 thus far. If they give me the option to add a custom chat tab where I can turn off the chats I don't want to see, then I have no problem. But Sega hasn't done that yet, so I'm forced to assume that if they added a Global Chat, there would be no meaningful way to turn it off without losing other chats.

@Aperture-Mage said in NGS does not have a global chat:

So completely take away a feature most games have and a lot of people want because... you don't want to be bothered with... turning it off?

Thing is open world chat with eastern MMO's typically don't have an option to turn it off.