Merging PSO2 and NGS was a mistake.

I had a feeling this was going to cause issues and I have ran into some really annoying ones already.

• Importing characters from PSO2. Personally, I think they look better than NGS character designs, but their body shape and overall design look out of place in the world. I know they can be changed in the salon, but with everything being so barebones right now, players are going to want to use their fashion from PSO2.

• Storage. What a mess. Why the hell have they carried over every single item? I'm not just talking about important stuff like fashion and weapon camos, they have carried over stuff that isn't even usuable in NGS, like all of the material items, boosters, everything. As for weapons and units, what is the point? They are nerfed so much, you may as well just find and use NGS equipment. The only thing this is doing is clogging up my storage.

I agree with you. They should have kept them separate. Guild Wars and Final Fantasy successfully launched sequel MMO's and the playerbase migrated over. The problem is Sega nickel and dimed their playerbase to death, so many people were attached to their cosmetics and so Sega ran the risk of people not migrating over.

IMO they should have taken the risk. New players put off from the outdated PSO2 would've populated NGS, and eventually players would move from the maintenance mode PSO2 to NGS for the new content and updated visuals on the cosmetics.

How it is now is just a straight janky mess

@HermitST said in Merging PSO2 and NGS was a mistake.:

I had a feeling this was going to cause issues and I have ran into some really annoying ones already.

• Importing characters from PSO2. Personally, I think they look better than NGS character designs, but their body shape and overall design look out of place in the world. I know they can be changed in the salon, but with everything being so barebones right now, players are going to want to use their fashion from PSO2.

• Storage. What a mess. Why the hell have they carried over every single item? I'm not just talking about important stuff like fashion and weapon camos, they have carried over stuff that isn't even usuable in NGS, like all of the material items, boosters, everything. As for weapons and units, what is the point? They are nerfed so much, you may as well just find and use NGS equipment. The only thing this is doing is clogging up my storage.

I completely disagree with you, 2 ‘problems’ is hardly enough to say combining them was a mistake. Has for your first point theirs plenty of fashion that fits in fine with the new areas. A lot of us knew that everything carries over, so we sorted out are storage and moved anything that we wouldn’t need. At most it’s a bit of a hassle to do, but you only need to do it once and you’re set.

Because they wanted an instant player base for their new game. Why bother having to try and tell people they can play a new shiny thing when you can force them to use it instead!

Frame it as a way so they don't lose their stuff they spent a ton of time making and spending real money on, but then do it the most half assed way possible and find ways to make them need to spend more real money. (Oh you want to keep all the items between both games, you'll need to spend extra money for storage for that!)

I can only dream there's some version of reality out there where I can switch PSO2 back to the 2016 engine and not have to see any of this NGS stuff and keep PSO2 isolated.

@HermitST Ok, so just do what everyone else being mature is doing, wipe out what you have zero plans to use in either game, and move on. I like the current setup, because while you may think the gear is useless, it actually adds percent bonuses, which are a nice bridging aid until you get the higher end NGS loot. I've been using it all as I level up.