NP1013 every 10 minutes(resolved for now)

Problem that made me permanently quit vanilla is still happening for me. Every 10 minutes i get NP1013, making it literally impossible for me to play. Attempted fixes:

• Firewall permissions
  • re-installing Gameguard
  • re-installing the game (re-downloaded for NGS)
  • system updates
  • driver updates
  • rebooting computer
  • closing down all background apps
  • shutting off steam overlay and other overlays

Normally, the issue is your Anti-Virus.

This happens without any anti-virus too. Event without Windows Defender activated. (Turned of the protection). The only things which worked for me and some others was... to turn off the windows "fast boot", reboot after a np1013 error und start the game as fast as possible..

Looks a bit like a timer problem... if you start the game at a later time (guess some minutes) it's triggered a timed race condition... but not on any client, seems only some clients are affected. Without official support, it's hard to find the cause 🙂

I have contacted support, and sent them my error logs. I have also tried some more esoteric and out there fixes. Nothing has worked so far. PSO2fleet discords trouble shooting bot found incompatible programs of Windows defender & avast (pso2 and gameguard are fully allowed through and defender is off). Along with a following oddity

Hack Detected Virtual Machine(x64)?

GameGuard has found a Virtual Machine (or something similar) on your computer. Try enabling Hyper-V

I do not have a virtual machine. This NP1013 problem started around last christmas from out of nowhere after being able to play without major issues since global launch.

Similar situation here, began having NP1013 constantly since December and January. Made exceptions for the files in avast and disabled MSI Afterburner and unfortunately still seeing the same errors. 😕

@Gerbilios said in NP1013 every 10 minutes:

I have contacted support, and sent them my error logs. I have also tried some more esoteric and out there fixes. Nothing has worked so far. PSO2fleet discords trouble shooting bot found incompatible programs of Windows defender & avast (pso2 and gameguard are fully allowed through and defender is off). Along with a following oddity

Hack Detected Virtual Machine(x64)?

GameGuard has found a Virtual Machine (or something similar) on your computer. Try enabling Hyper-V

I do not have a virtual machine. This NP1013 problem started around last christmas from out of nowhere after being able to play without major issues since global launch.

Check Programs and Features in Control Panel. Go to the option for turning windows features on and off. Make sure Hypervisor is not selected, as well as Virtual Machine Platforms. If they were on, turn them off and restart the computer.

@Ragnawind Hypervisor wasn't on the list so i presume its not installed, virtual environment is also off.

This the correct list? For some reason my system language keeps resetting to Finnish so i have to translate on the fly 575461fc-fdfb-4033-8e25-1e31e685d817-image.png

Picture from the installed features list, all features are within the image 0f520d7f-7470-40d9-a7bd-716259da17d7-image.png

@Gerbilios yes. It doesn't look like either of them are on. Have you tried uninstalling Avast completely. A lot of people had issues with GameGuard detecting a virtual machine solely because Avast was installed. I'm not sure why that causes a virtual machine to be detected, but removing it solved the problem for a lot of people. Another thing to note is that you are actually more secure using Windows Defender than you are using AVAST.

@Ragnawind Using my lunchbreak i tried this, i didn't get NP1013 even after playing for 25 mins straight (previously 10 min that's it), Avast antivirus seems to be the culprit