NGS launch disaster

@Blade-Syphon Yeah, I don't really play a lot of MMO I'll admit that. Maybe I'm too used to being pampered by other game I played so I don't know I have to be more tolerant about these kind of thing.

Finally being able to access base pso2 and finding out my A & B was switched was an unpleasant surprise...

Anyone discovered any more issues so far?

@Pariah-Chan said in NGS launch disaster:

Character models are broken from another player's view, some people's controls get changed when logging into NGS for the first time, massive lag spikes, and inventory not carrying over into NGS from base PSO2.

@NotWhoUThink said in NGS launch disaster:

Character models are broken from another player's view, some people's controls get changed when logging into NGS for the first time, massive lag spikes, and inventory not carrying over into NGS from base PSO2.

Inventory does carry over, can only be accessed from the terminal in central city, and you need to click on the storage banner at the top, then pso2 inventory from the bottom of the list:

Still getting the frequent .exe crash message logging into central city, going into the salon or running outside the city. It cropped up after going through the prologue, though maybe the freezes there was the same problem but without the message? I played a few hours in base PSO2 and didn't have any problems.

I turned off Steam overlay (was using the FPS meter) and tested the game without my fan controller running in the background. Even booted the game in the lowest setting for my 970 and still encountered the crash issue.

I want to verify my file intergrity but I heard horror stories about having to redownload everything.

N-Color Pass isn't even out for SG/AC exchange. SEGA probably should've thought through that Mission Pass time gap.

Been seeing lots of people without an Alliance.

What are they gonna do when free edit time runs out, delete the character to recreate in the right colors?

Not only that, with all the spawn lag I can't tell who was suppressed- me or the dolls.

Base PSO2 looks plain ugly now. It seems that Ray Tracing is somehow not there, and anything halfway dynamic from GeForce's prior output is gone. The effects are all so flat now.

(Even with my high end GTX 1660 SUPER in the amplifier, NGS somehow looks like a downgrade.)

The whole point of azure is that it can scale up as large as needed. The problem is they haven't designed their servers to keep up with current tech.

My guess, would be that the database isn't designed to be split up among different servers, therefore each ship, is associated with a database/cache. Mostly think this because they are only willing to do character transfers during in maintenance, or when we are running our scripts that setup scheduled EQs or what have you.

But yeah, they just switched to azure, maybe in pso3 they will get it figured out.

The lag is literally causing most of the problems in the game. If they get the server lag situated then everything else should run smoothly.

@MasterDarkwingz said in NGS launch disaster:

N-Color Pass isn't even out for SG/AC exchange. SEGA probably should've thought through that Mission Pass time gap.

What are they gonna do when free edit time runs out, delete the character to recreate in the right colors?

Not only that, with all the spawn lag I can't tell who was suppressed- me or the dolls.

Base PSO2 looks plain ugly now. It seems that Ray Tracing is somehow not there, and anything halfway dynamic from GeForce's prior output is gone. The effects are all so flat now.

(Even with my high end GTX 1660 SUPER in the amplifier, NGS somehow looks like a downgrade.)

There is no N-Color pass. All of my current color passes, and salon passes from base PSO2 work on NGS. I was even handed the same passes, both color, and salon when I logged in to NGS.

Edit, also, have you manually edited your settings? I had to do both PSO2 and NGS, separately, because its not a universal change, which worked out better for me, because both games had different needs, but both games had texture issues across the board until I messed around with the settings. Running it on high settings with barely any frame loss, and zero console overheating. Textures look surprisingly better than when I run BDO. Also, had to deal with the A/B button swap. That was fun. Seems like a belated April fools joke, or at least that's what I'm treating it as.

@NotWhoUThink said in NGS launch disaster:

My friend took screenshots of my character bugging out. I didn't have the issue once, but for some reason my character in particular would load in deformed, and take a second to load in the way it's supposed to, at least to my friend.

Sorry to hear ppl have so many problems.

I have to say i had a perfect experience. What makes me wonder a bit how that can be that we have so different experiences.

I'm on ship.4, from Germany and played 10h straight without a problem. There were exactly 2 spikes in those 10h where there was lag..one for 15.seconds, the other one took 5 seconds until everything was normal.

No disconnects, nothing "unplayable", no too long server response times. Actually one of the better releases I've experienced.

The experience was quite OK for me, patcher worked 1st time for me. Character models did load in a bit slow at times in central, but that was the same in PSO 2 normal whan it was busy. (You first see the simplified models and the exact looks load in bit later in turn).

I never disconnected. i have some slowdown when crossing zone borders, but that's probably my computer. Only server lag i noticed at times was when picking up resta herbs which could take like a second after button press to actually happen, but taking the server population in mind, i've played with far worse.

@Zeke said in NGS launch disaster:

The lag is literally causing most of the problems in the game. If they get the server lag situated then everything else should run smoothly.

This. Can't do anything in the game when you have to wait for a few secs for every action to get registered (fighting of course, but even talking to vendors is a chore). Sad because everything else is good.

@Anarchy-Marine said in NGS launch disaster:

@MasterDarkwingz said in NGS launch disaster:

There is no N-Color pass. All of my current color passes, and salon passes from base PSO2 work on NGS. I was even handed the same passes, both color, and salon when I logged in to NGS.

Edit, also, have you manually edited your settings? I had to do both PSO2 and NGS, separately, because its not a universal change, which worked out better for me, because both games had different needs, but both games had texture issues across the board until I messed around with the settings. Running it on high settings with barely any frame loss, and zero console overheating. Textures look surprisingly better than when I run BDO. Also, had to deal with the A/B button swap. That was fun. Seems like a belated April fools joke, or at least that's what I'm treating it as.

My base PSO2 colors passes don't work on NGS items. In JP there were N-Color Passes already released with the engine.

Ours are a "bonus" for a gamble in the Loot Boxes.

You need multiple to change the layerwear colors.

pso20210610_110228_000.jpg

pso20210610_110707_002.jpg

pso20210610_110557_001.jpg

Here's the flat shading:

pso20210610_111603_000.jpg

My shadows should be on, and there should be a large shadow from the dome's eyesore of a column as time changes.

But everything is light as day.