US$90 for CAST Hover Dash? Is this a joke?

With the announcement of the first AC Scratch, it was revealed that they were adding a hover motion for the Photon Dash, yay! This was an issue I had in CBT, as CASTs not having access to hover movement was pretty lame after coming from PSO2.

However... it is a bonus scratch item, which means it is untradeable, and to make matters worse, it costs US$90 to be able to obtain it, as you must AC Scratch 45 times. This means that unless you shell out money, you cannot hover on your CAST while dashing!

While the regular hover still exists for basic movement, you dash 99% of the time in NGS, meaning that they are effectively removing the CAST hover option unless you are willing to cough up US$90!

This is extremely scummy considering how that hover is a signature feature of CASTs, and this isn't even mentioning about how this is time-gated, so after the scratch is gone, you'll never be able to hover on CASTs while dashing if you miss the scratch!

Please do something about this, as this should be available to everyone regardless and not only people who have more money than sense.

@Matt said in US$90 for CAST Hover Dash? Is this a joke?:

This is extremely scummy considering how that hover is a signature feature of CASTs, and this isn't even mentioning about how this is time-gated, so after the scratch is gone, you'll never be able to hover on CASTs while dashing if you miss the scratch!

This is early adopter whale bait. While skummy, it will be either rerun with Soldier Line or they are planning to cycle the various MTNs and Hover Dash will end up as a 30 or 15 pull reward on next years scratches when they have dozens of MTNs.

Now I'm wondering if motions are 2x to account bind or not, guess will discover in a few.

@Vashzaron I think they will be like emotes where using just one is bind on account

@Lassic Yes that would be sensible thing to expect but.... lol

I’m still not a fan of Sega making the bonus items 45 pulls in the latest scratches, used to be way cheaper... 😕

They're testing the waters. If it doesn't sell well then it will be lower in the prize pool for the future.

Gonna be interesting to see if this reaches Genshin Impact level of whaling.

They’ve already tested the waters 10 scratches ago, they’re selling the bonus item at 45 pulls every time now. >:/