Maintenance has been extended

Got an offical announcement now of what’s going on, and when we will next be updated.

https://ngs.pso2.com/news/announcements/maintenanceover0608

It would have been so much better if they gave a more late launch date to expect, heck even making the launch at th 10th date instead. Otherwise they are just being really annoying and wasting our time with the "Emergency Code: Delay!" articles/announcements that keep on poping up instead of resolving the main issue they need to work on.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Maintenance has been extended:

@NotWhoUThink said in Maintenance has been extended:

@Miraglyth said in Maintenance has been extended:

A shame but these things happen. No harm in being patient and giving them breathing space from undue criticism and support to take their time and get this right.

At the same time doesn’t this make 3 whole betas (2 for JP one for Global) kind of pointless? I mean the whole point of them was to make sure mostly everything was working properly before launch.

No, the betas picked up a whole laundry list of issues, but no matter how much testing you do, theirs going to be issues that won’t be picked up till you go officially launch it.

I’m not saying there won’t be issues at launch (which I guess is the state of most games these days even though I hate it), what I’m saying is I feel like the big issues that delayed the game should’ve been caught and take care of already.

Good news for anyone having an issue with steam, going to be a patch up before end of maintenance

Well ofc. we get another patch. The current launcher doesn't even have the tab for graphics settings yet.

At the same time doesn’t this make 3 whole betas (2 for JP one for Global) kind of pointless? I mean the whole point of them was to make sure mostly everything was working properly before launch.

No, "making sure mostly everything was working properly before launch" was the point of them staring the maintenance 1,5 days early.

@Charus said in Maintenance has been extended:

It would have been so much better if they gave a more late launch date to expect, heck even making the launch at th 10th date instead. Otherwise they are just being really annoying and wasting our time with the "Emergency Code: Delay!" articles the keep on poping up instead of resolving the main issue they need to work on.

Just because they got people keeping us updated, doesn’t mean they don’t have people working on it. I’m pretty sure it’s night time now in Japan, so a whole bunch of people are working a lot of overtime and through the night and possibly early hours of the morning to get the servers up.

A shame but these things happen. No harm in being patient and giving them breathing space from undue criticism and support to take their time and get this right.

No, the betas picked up a whole laundry list of issues, but no matter how much testing you do, theirs going to be issues that won’t be picked up till you go officially launch it.

I’m not saying there won’t be issues at launch (which I guess is the state of most games these days even though I hate it), what I’m saying is I feel like the big issues that delayed the game should’ve been caught and take care of already.

I’m sure that was the plan, but things don’t always work out the way you hope.

At the same time doesn’t this make 3 whole betas (2 for JP one for Global) kind of pointless?

Gameplay betas.

So, can we download the client yet (I know the game servers are down)?

Is it on steam, like PSO2? Or do I have to do it through the windows store?

@Eguzky-0 said in Maintenance has been extended:

So, can we download the client yet (I know the game servers are down)?

We've been able to for like a day now, yes. It's an update to PSO2 through the various launchers.

I wake up to an extended maintenance, it’s kinda became customary at this point. XD

@Miraglyth Oh! So NG is not a separate launcher?

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO back to sleep

XD

I’m gonna be productive and revive some nice threads myself. :3

Nope, a big update to PSO2.

Nope, a big update to PSO2.

Cool. So I can try running it via steam instead of the windows store. I did not even remember that I uninstalled it, probably to switch it to my SSD.