Maintenance has been extended

@Kedlin313 said in Maintenance has been extended:

It means I can sleep 😪 just got off a 14 hour night shift and was gonna jump straight in but I can sleep now lol

Yeah I agree, Sega can delay it for another 24 hours if needed. I think everyone is used to it by now.

Likewise, I expected maintenance to be extended after I saw a hint on the pic with Zau'dan and Udans inside lobby. It's basically more time to download and install the second client on other platform (just in case I'll have to link account from Steam again or MS Store decides to crash somehow), more time to get chores done, recharge batteries, chill while doing something else, etc. The game won't run away, right? 😄

A bit off-topic, if I may...

I'm more curious about time limit of these new packages on the horizon: Start Dash Rappy Package and Aelio Town Founder's Packs. Would some SEGA old timers, basing on knowledge from past experiences, mind hinting how long does such stuff last for purchase usually before it gets taken down permanently? I'm kind of new to this company's products (1 month experience with base PSO2, falling in love at first sight and having a total blast especially when sci-fi theme isn't my main interest) and dunno how they operate time-wise with such deals.

Kind regards!

@Moei said in Maintenance has been extended:

@Anarchy-Marine might be that they just hate Sega?

Yeah, because this is not how they behave about any and every games downtime...

@Reiven said in Maintenance has been extended:

Ah, well. That is unfortunate, but would much rather them do all they can to ensure the launch is as smooth as possible.

People always say that. Then you get "oh no, we screw up! time for emergency maintenance!". If they wanted to do it properly, they'd take all the time they need. But as we know, that would mean the end of days for some people.

Looks like it is going to be extended for another 3 hours. Well, I suppose that is my queue to go to sleep. G'night everyone! Cya all when the game does come back up, whenever that may be, hehe.

PSE Cross burst!

+3 hours

@Mukokoa said in Maintenance has been extended:

PSE Cross burst!

+3 hours

source???

@Runes said in Maintenance has been extended:

@Mukokoa said in Maintenance has been extended:

PSE Cross burst!

+3 hours

source???

Screenshot_5.png

JP site update.

3 hours until they can tell us when they can give us another update on the maintenance.

I think I should raise the bar of my prediction, let's go with 8-10 hours after the original time.

Jus as NIC commented.

So, saying this as the maintenance is extended by 3 hours is a bit inaccurate. It is still possible to end within 3 hours, although that's pretty unlikely. If it takes more than 3 hours, then they'll tell about the status at that point (22:00 JST/06:00 PDT).

EDIT: @Mukokoa said in Maintenance has been extended:

PSE Cross burst!

+3 hours

So, this is pretty much true. We'd better expect another cross burst 😆

If it's like PSO2, Global is going to get shafted by this. When JP has an issue, it means Global has an issue as well, and how it works is that when both games have a problem, JP gets fixed first. When JP finally is fixed and ready to come online, then Global starts to get fixed.

Our maintenance will probably be pretty damn long, and them saying that they can update us in 3 hours probably suggested that you guys got like another 8 hours before ya get online.

Good thing I take a day off for the next day lol. If this go like this u will not even miss the start. But I get 5he people that get fucked by this as they did take a day off. Well as long as they can make this work in a day or 2 it's ok.

Good news for anyone having an issue with steam, going to be a patch up before end of maintenance

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1402574233528684546?s=21

A shame but these things happen. No harm in being patient and giving them breathing space from undue criticism and support to take their time and get this right.

@Miraglyth said in Maintenance has been extended:

A shame but these things happen. No harm in being patient and giving them breathing space from undue criticism and support to take their time and get this right.

At the same time doesn’t this make 3 whole betas (2 for JP one for Global) kind of pointless? I mean the whole point of them was to make sure mostly everything was working properly before launch.

@NotWhoUThink said in Maintenance has been extended:

@Miraglyth said in Maintenance has been extended:

At the same time doesn’t this make 3 whole betas (2 for JP one for Global) kind of pointless? I mean the whole point of them was to make sure mostly everything was working properly before launch.

No, the betas picked up a whole laundry list of issues, but no matter how much testing you do, theirs going to be issues that won’t be picked up till you go officially launch it.