Make CAST Hover Dash a basic option

What bothers me about this as well is they show the hover dash in game in the opening cinematic and also in cutscenes (Dozer has it). It screams like it should be available as a basic option, but it's just not.

If they don't want to make this exact one free, they could make another similar hover animation free or at least have it marketable.

This still needs to be a thing, and they need to stop making every single sprint motion such a high scratch count bonus. In the NGS Headline they showed that another sprint that hovers in a more mystical way will also be a scratch count bonus. There should also be dash motions in the scratch itself too, so other people can buy them, it doesn't have to be the same motion. Either way a hover motion dash should come with the characters (like heck you could just use the exact same animations as the walking animation), and it should also be possible to get more for all characters without having to shell out $80.

I'm curious if any SEGA staff look at or engage with the playerbase here; after people had issued concerns over some of this monetization stuff they put out three more paid scratch things for next month :S

All we come in contact with is GMs here, and I think their interactions with the actual developers are pretty low honestly. Plus I heard the have to go thru a third party due to translation needs.

@Pariah-Chan said in Make CAST Hover Dash a basic option:

All we come in contact with is GMs here, and I think their interactions with the actual developers are pretty low honestly. Plus I heard the have to go thru a third party due to translation needs.

Unfortunate, it's going to be difficult to garner much good will with new players especially continuing that. I hope their method of engaging with the non-Japan playerbase improves. Noticing that the hover dash is still $90 a month later.

The one thing bad about this I would say if this was to be a thing then that people will demand the other 3 races have their own unique running animation and complain saying it's only fair why do they get a unique one why don't we

@Drakaina said in Make CAST Hover Dash a basic option:

The one thing bad about this I would say if this was to be a thing then that people will demand the other 3 races have their own unique running animation and complain saying it's only fair why do they get a unique one why don't we

They do, it's called not being a CAST.

edit: Alternatively, since you can change body type anytime at the salon, you would be able to use it as well, which kinda renders your entire argument moot.

@IAMCRAIG then I will ask a counter argument why should a single race get a unique running animation and Cosmetics ( I know they can be shared now) but then shouldn't the human newman and deuman get unique animations of the own for their race and get unique cosmetics for their race to go along with their race

@Drakaina All the other races are completely humanoid so having different movement isn't absolutely necessary, as realistically they would move the same as eachother (as there's nothing to indicate that they move differently from eachother)

However CASTs always had an option to hover in base pso2, and have it for walking in NGS, so not also giving the option for it for photon dash for free doesn't make much sense.

There's opening cinematics with CASTs hovering while moving fast from pso2, and the one from NGS too.

@IAMCRAIG then I will ask a counter argument why should a single race get a unique running animation and Cosmetics ( I know they can be shared now) but then shouldn't the human newman and deuman get unique animations of the own for their race and get unique cosmetics for their race to go along with their race

Thing is, CASTs get very few cosmetic options, with there being multiple scratches without a single CAST set. From what has been datamined in NGS so far, it looks like there won't be any other CAST sets for the next month or longer. Hell, there were even hints of getting a special kind of CAST body paint (wear and tear, metal corrosion effects, etc.) that we haven't heard anything of for a while now. Female CASTs get it the worst since their sets more often than not just look like regular clothing with some robot bits thrown on (no offense intended towards those that like that aesthetic). So yeah, CASTs inherently get less cosmetic options than the other races, so again, your point is moot.

Also like others pointed out, CASTs were shown as having that photon dash during previews of NGS, so it very much feels like a bait and switch.

@IAMCRAIG this is what I wanted

@IAMCRAIG said in Make CAST Hover Dash a basic option:

Thing is, CASTs get very few cosmetic options, with there being multiple scratches without a single CAST set. From what has been datamined in NGS so far, it looks like there won't be any other CAST sets for the next month or longer. Hell, there were even hints of getting a special kind of CAST body paint (wear and tear, metal corrosion effects, etc.) that we haven't heard anything of for a while now. Female CASTs get it the worst since their sets more often than not just look like regular clothing with some robot bits thrown on (no offense intended towards those that like that aesthetic). So yeah, CASTs inherently get less cosmetic options than the other races, so again, your point is moot.

Also like others pointed out, CASTs were shown as having that photon dash during previews of NGS, so it very much feels like a bait and switch.

Photon Dash in particular does feel like a bait and switch, it needs to be unlocked as default. The female CAST options so far for NGS are not very robotic, the only parts I do like are the Schanorf limbs. (Although the waist could be improved, it looks like underwear)

@IAMCRAIG said in Make CAST Hover Dash a basic option: Female CASTs get it the worst since their sets more often than not just look like regular clothing with some robot bits thrown on (no offense intended towards those that like that aesthetic).

I'd just like to say, that as someone that only plays Caseal. I have large offense towards people that like that aesthetic, because from the polling we got completely f*'d on the metal front. Not a single piece there in the top 3's that is all metal.

Another thing about it is all the CAST legs have thruster ports already, but I'd have to spend $90 to actually make use of them outside of slow running. 😕