steam launcher did not work need help

@Anarchy-Marine It has nothing to do with that, this happens before the launcher even appears and that only mentions incorrect images being shown.

I launched the game after the 90GB dl + install was done just for kicks and I ended up receiving the same message. When I selected [OK], then Steam decided it needed to dl the full 90GB, all over again. I have not tried launching the game again for fear of it wanting to dl all 90GB again. Waiting for maintenance to be done

Press Win+R to open the Run dialog

Run %LocalAppData%

Create a directory SEGA if it doesn't exist yet. Open it.

Inside the SEGA directory, create a directory PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM if it doesn't exist yet. Open it.

Create a file name steamupdate.txt by right clicking > New > Text Document

Open it in Notepad

Put the text v70000_rc_135

@Alechiel Worked perfect for me, thanks!

jesus christ, all this game is great at doing is giving horrible first impressions.

I'm getting the same issue tried the method above but didn't work

@Thermidor didnt work for me either

@Vashzaron said in steam launcher did not work need help:

@Anarchy-Marine It has nothing to do with that, this happens before the launcher even appears and that only mentions incorrect images being shown.

Just because it's not the same issue, I find it funny you ignored the fact they were having general issues with the launcher. It's in my opinion, an issue adjacent to the original issue they were having with it. Not something anyone wants to see with NGS's launch.

@Thermidor said in steam launcher did not work need help:

I'm getting the same issue tried the method above but didn't work

Maybe be careful with the text file, sometimes Windows hide the file extension, just name it steamupdate.