An update for the game file has been detected. Restarting application. Please do no cancel when checking the consistency.

@Eidolon6090 said in An update for the game file has been detected. Restarting application. Please do no cancel when checking the consistency.:

Working solution:

Press Win+R to open the Run dialog Run %LocalAppData% Create a directory SEGA if it doesn't exist yet. Open it. Create a directory PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM if it doesn't exist yet. Open it. Create a file name steamupdate.txt by right clicking > New > Text Document (IF FILE EXTENSIONS ARE HIDDEN IN YOUR EXPLORER, JUST NAME IT steamupdate) Open it in Notepad Put the text v70000_rc_135

Voila. Your launcher will work again. Repeat these steps if it breaks.

It works, nice dude.

@Eidolon6090 question about this response. How do I create a directory SEGA and a directory PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM. If you know how please respond, thanks!

@uwuzs He is telling you to create a folder named those things if they don't exist

@Vashzaron Oh alright, thanks!

This post is deleted!

@Eidolon6090 Works, seems like I was putting it in a duplicate folder that had the similarities. Thanks!

@Eidolon6090 said in An update for the game file has been detected. Restarting application. Please do no cancel when checking the consistency.:

Working solution:

1. Press Win+R to open the Run dialog
  2. Run %LocalAppData%
  3. Create a directory SEGA if it doesn't exist yet. Open it.
  4. Create a directory PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM if it doesn't exist yet. Open it.
  5. Create a file name steamupdate.txt by right clicking > New > Text Document (IF FILE EXTENSIONS ARE HIDDEN IN YOUR EXPLORER, JUST NAME IT steamupdate)
  6. Open it in Notepad
  7. Put the text v70000_rc_135

Voila. Your launcher will work again. Repeat these steps if it breaks.

Worked. You just won the internet. Also, curious how you discovered this fix? Did you compare dir's against someone (or yourself/ different PC) else and noticed that particular dir was missing on fresh installed system/s? Thanks again

@Dozer I used a tool to check what files a process is accessing, and saw that it was trying to access that, and threw a wild guess that it was the same file as labelversion.txt in the game install dir, and it worked. Lucky me.

@Dozer I used a tool to check what files a process is accessing, and saw that it was trying to access that, and threw a wild guess that it was the same file as labelversion.txt in the game install dir, and it worked. Lucky me.

I see. I wouldn't call that luck, I'd call it an educated guess. At any rate, I posted it up on Steam PSO2 discussion form with the OP title as FIXED and credited to your finding. Thank you very much. You've saved my morning and many others' I am sure.

@Eidolon6090 Thanks for posting your findings, worked for me although I had to name it steamupdate even though my explorer does have file extensions visible.

PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM

Does this line change if you're anywhere other than NA, like the UK for example?

I tried to do the Window+R method but unable to launch the launcher, any help? very much appreciated