Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.

@Zeke said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Aquila-ibis said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke No offense but your being a forum meme right now. Your making accusations of people trying to fear monger when there just trying to make SEGA aware of this issue and fix, while finding a fix they can do right now on their end to get past this error.

An your making pointless contradicting post that have zero reason to exist besides triggering people. Like acknowledging this is an issue, but dismissing people's post because you didn't experience the issue. And making accusations that the only a handful of people are experiencing the issue, which clearly isn't true as we can all see from how many people are experiencing it and reporting it right now.

What exactly is the point your trying to make here? Cause very clear your just trying to trigger people and dismiss their problems with pure ignorance and nothing else.

Guess we're all ignoring the fact I'm on the OP side if this problem persists after NGS launch? I've said that a few times now. Interesting how you aren't acknowledging that. This issue isn't new and often more times than not people act like the entire world is experiencing this. If this indeed is a brand new issue then I've REPEATEDLY said I'm on the OP side on this one.

And the past shows it gets fixed fairly quickly outside the MS store.

They shouldn't have to wait until it officially launches before raising concerns though. If it's working on other platforms, which it is as far as I can tell, then it should work on Steam too. If it's not for a lot of people, then there is an issue with the Steam version that needs fixing as soon as possible. Raising concern now is the correct thing to do to make them aware of the issue.

@Zeke Than at that point even if this was a handful of people experiencing the issue and not more than 100 people it still doesn't change the fact that its an issue. SEGA is advertising this game as a working playable product, if even one person is failing to run the program due to a mistake or undersight caused by SEGA that means SEGA is now falsely advertising this product.

Now sure there some ley way in that regard we can't all expect everything to run perfect all the time, but still doesn't mean we should ignore the issue just because only a handful of players are experiencing it. An issue doesn't stop being an issue just because your not experiencing it.

@HermitST said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Aquila-ibis said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke No offense but your being a forum meme right now. Your making accusations of people trying to fear monger when there just trying to make SEGA aware of this issue and fix, while finding a fix they can do right now on their end to get past this error.

An your making pointless contradicting post that have zero reason to exist besides triggering people. Like acknowledging this is an issue, but dismissing people's post because you didn't experience the issue. And making accusations that the only a handful of people are experiencing the issue, which clearly isn't true as we can all see from how many people are experiencing it and reporting it right now.

What exactly is the point your trying to make here? Cause very clear your just trying to trigger people and dismiss their problems with pure ignorance and nothing else.

Guess we're all ignoring the fact I'm on the OP side if this problem persists after NGS launch? I've said that a few times now. Interesting how you aren't acknowledging that. This issue isn't new and often more times than not people act like the entire world is experiencing this. If this indeed is a brand new issue then I've REPEATEDLY said I'm on the OP side on this one.

And the past shows it gets fixed fairly quickly outside the MS store.

They shouldn't have to wait until it officially launches before raising concerns though. If it's working on other platforms, which it is as far as I can tell, then it should work on Steam too. If it's not for a lot of people, then there is an issue with the Steam version that needs fixing as soon as possible. Raising concern now is the correct thing to do to make them aware of the issue.

But it's been an issue. I don't think a lot of you are realizing that. Quite literally a thread like this pops up every major episode patch ever since steam release. As of now it doesn't seem to be a brand new issue like people are claiming.

Doesn't give Sega points that such an issue still exist for some of the steam users though. They seem to have fixed previous issues except for this one.

I got the same issue. Hopefully it will work when the launch is happening, but somehow I doubt it, as people said some that this issue during the CBT.
I wonder though why it wasn't fixed yet... ;(

@Key-1 said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

I got the same issue. Hopefully it will work when the launch is happening, but somehow I doubt it, as people said some that this issue during the CBT.
I wonder though why it wasn't fixed yet... ;(

Idk.

Some steam users get this issue after every major episode patch. Bit annoying Sega manage to fix the other problems except this one.

I honestly suggest just switching over to the tweaker. Once you get it going, it's easier to manage, and doesn't break as much.

@NIC said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

I honestly suggest just switching over to the tweaker. Once you get it going, it's easier to manage, and doesn't break as much.

Only use it if you have issues though. Switching to it with a perfectly functional version can cause more issues than solve.

I can confirm that tweaker works. No need to do anything fancy, just installed and it did everything automatically.

@Kyle-P said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

I can confirm that tweaker works. No need to do anything fancy, just installed and it did everything automatically.

It wasn't working earlier, but I believe that was a Tweaker issue itself.

The issue you guys are having is that gameguard loads/pops up, and then nothing happens, correct?

@Kyle-P said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

So essentially the same fix people have been doing since this occurred on the steam version.

What ever the issue is, it seems to be totally random, I run the Steam version with out the tweaker and I have no problems running PSO2.

I have been unlucky with a different game and wound up getting the crash on start issue, making it unplayable, and was connected to a bug that hits people randomly.

Sadly these things happen and you have to try to work around them if they do, its just the nature of PC games and the endless possible combinations of hardware and software, something just doesn't work right somewhere.

@LazerRay said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

What ever the issue is, it seems to be totally random, I run the Steam version with out the tweaker and I have no problems running PSO2.

I have been unlucky with a different game and wound up getting the crash on start issue, making it unplayable, and was connected to a bug that hits people randomly.

Sadly these things happen and you have to try to work around them if they do, its just the nature of PC games and the endless possible combinations of hardware and software, something just doesn't work right somewhere.

Woo-hoo! Someone finally gets it!

@Zeke I shouldn't be forced to use a 3rd party software for the game to run properly. I don't know why you celebrate when the community had to step up and did the devs' job for them.

@Zeke Like I said, I experienced the mentioned issue before, I was one of the unlucky people who could never play Half Life: Source due to its random crash on start bug, yet other people could run it just fine.

Also I'm someone who knows how to build/repair computers, so I understand there will always be some kind of compatibility issue with something.

Sega themselves tweeted this a few months ago https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1367069901580427264 Same error and their resolution was to ask people to update the game, only way to force a update to game already seen as updated on Steam is to verify so people did this and it just redownloads the whole game (I am unsure if it fixed the issues for everyone and not too, comments seem to vary) so by release I guess we will see? But not a good sign some players are getting this now and some not.

Also thanks for the replies earlier, I used tweaker for PSO2 and I wanted to drop it for NGS but if this is still happening on release suppose I will carry on twerking.