Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.

I had this issue last week reinstalling the game on my new hard drive. I just started spamming the play button an it fixed it self after the 5th try IDK why this bug occurs, or why SEGA hasn't fixed it yet, sense this is the type of bug that will instantly discourage new players from trying the game. An having this occur still while NG is being deployed while a massive amount of new players are coming to PSO, well this is a disaster waiting to happen people will be rage quitting PSO NG and bashing it with bad reviews before they can get too the character creator, and I can't blame them.

@Aquila-ibis said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

I had this issue last week reinstalling the game on my new hard drive. I just started spamming the play button an it fixed it self after the 5th try IDK why this bug occurs, or why SEGA hasn't fixed it yet, sense this is the type of bug that will instantly discourage new players from trying the game. An having occur still while NG is being deployed an a massive amount of new players are coming to PSO, well this is a disaster waiting to happen people will be rage quitting PSO NG and bashing it with bad reviews before they can get too the tutorial and I can't blame them.

Absolutely, and so important. If the game immediately hits mixed reviews, getting away from that stage is going to be VERY difficult, and it will never attract thousands of people that would have normally given it a chance. I for one, skip the majority of "mixed" or "mostly negative" games, wiithout even bothering to look at the reviews.

@Nevzat-0 said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

Yes don't fear monger. That causes a lot more issues and forum bans. Wait until the official release of NGS before claiming the sky is falling.

They even made an announcement saying wait until the update is over for their new launcher. I'd expect we're going to be getting minor updates on steam throughout the day.

Please don't threaten me with a forum ban for raising this issue. If anyone needs to be getting a ban it's you. You are not an admin, or a dev, or a Sega rep so please don't act as you are.

Thanks

I'm not threatening in the least. Been on the forums long enough to know what the mods ban. I've never once claimed to be any form of authority here.

Don't put words in someone else's mouth simply because you don't like the answers one is sharing.

@Zeke Why are u even on this thread? Also I got the same impression that u are trying to be some wannabe moderator.

@Kyle-P said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke Addressing an issue that many people actually have isn't fearmongering. Also, the latest announcement on the website is about a completely different issue. It's near launch time and our issue isn't resolved left alone addressed, if this isn't worth bringing forward I don't know what is.

If this issue persists after the launch of NGS then spam Sega with the issue. Until then you guys LITERALLY don't know of they'll roll out minor patches to fix these issues.

The issue I'm having is that you guys are acting like it's going to be the end of the world before they even officially launch the game.

@Zeke said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Kyle-P said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke Addressing an issue that many people actually have isn't fearmongering. Also, the latest announcement on the website is about a completely different issue. It's near launch time and our issue isn't resolved left alone addressed, if this isn't worth bringing forward I don't know what is.

If this issue persists after the launch of NGS then spam Sega with the issue. Until then you guys LITERALLY don't know of they'll roll out minor patches to fix these issues.

The issue I'm having is that you guys are acting like it's going to be the end of the world before they even officially launch the game.

I'm not sure if you are actually joking or not. We are here posting to make them aware of this issue...

And for a start, we can't even get TO the patcher to receive any updates, which indicates a patch would need to be pushed to STEAM to fix it there first.

Just let those with problems post here please and you can go on your merry way. Thanks for your info, but it's not needed any more.

Bye

@SophieGoth said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke Why are u even on this thread? Also I got the same impression that u are trying to be some wannabe moderator.

I attempt to save people from forum bans. Fear mongering is something the GM's here do not tolerate. It gets to the point where they IP ban people because they make new accounts to spam the supposed same issue they keep having.

@Nevzat-0 said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

I'm not sure if you are actually joking or not. We are here posting to make them aware of this issue...

And for a start, we can't even get TO the patcher to receive any updates, which indicates a patch would need to be pushed to STEAM to fix it there first.

Just let those with problems post here please and you can go on your merry way. Thanks for your info, but it's not needed any more.

Bye

I posted a response to the issue that has existed long before this patch. You didn't like it and made the claim a lot of users are experiencing it. In return I asked if you can prove that then you got antsy.

You made this worse than what it needed to be. A lot of different avenues could of been taken to avoid this drawn out disagreement that you didn't want to take.

@Nevzat-0 I'm completely new but have some friends already playing PSO2 thinking this might be a good time to start playing with them. Assuming I don't have my friends and don't know anything about PSO2, normally this would be where I uninstall and never look back. It doesn't feel very welcoming to a new players when they try to look up their issue and the first post they see having someone accuse them of fearmongering. While, might I add, noone from the dev team acknowledge my problem.

@Nevzat-0 I'm completely new but have some friends already playing PSO2 thinking this might be a good time to start playing with them. Assuming I don't have my friends and don't know anything about PSO2, normally this would be where I uninstall and never look back. It doesn't feel very welcoming to a new players when they try to look up their issue and the first post they see having someone accuse them of fearmongering. While, might I add, noone from the dev team acknowledge my problem.

Sorry that is the experience you are having. the game is great and worth playing. Yes the community has a few odd individuals, but best to just ignore them and report them (which is what i've done). Hopefully the Mods here are working today to get rid of troublesome folk.

Hope to see you in the world!

Sorry that is the experience you are having. the game is great and worth playing. Yes the community has a few odd individuals, but best to just ignore them and report them (which is what i've done). Hopefully the Mods here are working today to get rid of troublesome folk.

Hope to see you in the world!

The amount of times I've received that same comment and yet nothing happened. Just because you don't like the answer one gave doesn't give them a ban.

@Vashzaron said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

I'd actually like to see if anyone that plays the game on Steam that is not using the twerker can say they don't have this issue?

I can answer that question for you. I don't have the Tweaker, I have just downloaded the update on Steam and the launcher and game loaded up perfectly.

This is not to say this isn't a problem for others though, it clearly is if the complaints are anything to go by.

@Zeke No offense but your being a forum meme right now. Your making accusations of people trying to fear monger when there just trying to make SEGA aware of this issue and fix, while finding a fix they can do right now on their end to get past this error.

An your making pointless contradicting post that have zero reason to exist besides triggering people. Like acknowledging this is an issue, but dismissing people's post because you didn't experience the issue. And making accusations that the only a handful of people are experiencing the issue, which clearly isn't true as we can all see from how many people are experiencing it and reporting it right now.

What exactly is the point your trying to make here? Cause very clear your just trying to trigger people and dismiss their problems with pure ignorance and nothing else.

@Aquila-ibis said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke No offense but your being a forum meme right now. Your making accusations of people trying to fear monger when there just trying to make SEGA aware of this issue and fix, while finding a fix they can do right now on their end to get past this error.

An your making pointless contradicting post that have zero reason to exist besides triggering people. Like acknowledging this is an issue, but dismissing people's post because you didn't experience the issue. And making accusations that the only a handful of people are experiencing the issue, which clearly isn't true as we can all see from how many people are experiencing it and reporting it right now.

What exactly is the point your trying to make here? Cause very clear your just trying to trigger people and dismiss their problems with pure ignorance and nothing else.

Guess we're all ignoring the fact I'm on the OP side if this problem persists after NGS launch? I've said that a few times now. Interesting how you aren't acknowledging that. This issue isn't new and often more times than not people act like the entire world is experiencing this when they aren't. If this indeed is a brand new issue then I've REPEATEDLY said I'm on the OP side on this one. Let's not keep playing the selective hearing game shall we?

And the past shows it gets fixed fairly quickly outside the MS store.

There are a couple of threads with the not being able to start issue, I'm sure it won't be that long for that to be fixed as it seems some players can't launch the game, some might even not be able to launch the game cause they don't have AVX instructions.

On a side note I believe @Zeke Comes off a bit rushed into the topic but generally means no harm, please do not use this to invalidate his opinion and call him a wannabe mod as that does not help the discussion, but only serves as a fallacy.