Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.

A ton of us are having an issue where it will say there is an update to the game files , restarting application, game guard pops up and then dissapears and then nothing happens. It repeats if we do it.

Your message saying there is an issue with the patcher is not highlighting this issue, so can you let us know how to proceed please?

This is affecting lots of people. It would be good to know how to proceed in preparation as I don't want to have to verify files or re-download the game again once the launcher goes live. It doesn't seem we can even get to the launcher.

Thanks

So few things.

First this isn't a new issue. Unfortunately this existed before the update even happened. Every now and then a few users experience this problem with every new update.

Second while it does suck that people are STILL experiencing this issue it isn't the majority of players. Please don't fear monger.

Third there is a reddit post filled with fixes that may help players with this known issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grkkft/pso2_mega_bugfix_community_thread/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

I would say that Sega will fix the issue before launch, but I know better than that.

Hope it helps and that you get it fixed before NGS launch!

@Zeke said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

So few things.

First this isn't a new issue. Unfortunately this existed before the update even happened. Every now and then a few users experience this problem with every new update.

Second while it does suck that people are STILL experiencing this issue it isn't the majority of players. Please don't fear monger.

Third there is a reddit post filled with fixes that may help players with this known issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grkkft/pso2_mega_bugfix_community_thread/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

I would say that Sega will fix the issue before launch, but I know better than that.

You'll actually find it is affecting a significant amount of people on steam.

@Nevzat-0 said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

So few things.

You'll actually find it is affecting a significant amount of people on steam.

If over 30% of the playerbase has that issue then by all means show it to me. I'll gladly take your side on this if you can prove that.

It's just an issue that has existed for a long time. Hard to take seriously if its the same ol' update bug.

@Zeke there's a huge number of us got this issues and even when we aren't the majority, don't you think we deserve some support too? Or just screw us cause we aren't the majority?

I'd actually like to see if anyone that plays the game on Steam that is not using the twerker can say they don't have this issue?

@Kyle-P said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

@Zeke there's a huge number of us got this issues and even when we aren't the majority, don't you think we deserve some support too? Or just screw us cause we aren't the majority?

Depends how Sega sees the "huge numbers." Microsoft Store had issues for literally everyone and that got fixed. If this is the same then I'm sure it will be fixed. They've shown that much in the past at least.

If it ends up being a new issue that a lot more people are experiencing then I support spamming Sega with the issue.

You guys are misinterpreting my meaning.

@Kyle-P said in Listen up devs. Steam players are having an issue where the game is crashing BEFORE launcher.:

Depends how Sega sees the "huge numbers." Microsoft Store had issues for literally everyone and that got fixed. If this is the same then I'm sure it will be fixed. They've shown that much in the past at least.

If it ends up being a new issue that a lot more people are experiencing then I support spamming Sega with the issue.

You guys are misinterpreting my meaning.

Well, telling people not to fear monger by raising an alert affecting a ton of people has only one way of interpreting your meaning, you also linked a totally irrelevant link that isn't describing the issue we are having at all.

If this doesn't affect you, please don't come here and disregard the issues others are having, it is significant as alot of us are going to be potentially unable to play/and/or will need to re-download 90 gigs which isn't done in an hour.

Thanks

Yes don't fear monger. That causes a lot more issues and forum bans. Wait until the official release of NGS before claiming the sky is falling.

They even made an announcement saying wait until the update is over for their new launcher. I'd expect we're going to be getting minor updates on steam throughout the day.

@Vashzaron I assume you managed to get it fixed somehow using tweaker. I have it downloaded but couldn't figure out how, mind sharing mate?

@Vashzaron i havent had this issue on steam and dont use tweaker either. I know others who have had it though and it was a headache getting it fixed. Happened to them during the cbt, i dont know what they did to fix it though sadly.

You'll be surprised how many people on Steam are currently having this issue. The entire Discussion page on Steam is filled with it. It's ridiculous.

I just hope that with the actual launched it will be fixed and please don't verify your game on Steam. Somehow Steam decides to just redownload your entire game if you do this.

So I really hope they will look into this.

@Zeke Nobody is fear mongering, If you are in the pso2 discord or even in the steam forum discussions you'll find a lot of people posting about this issue.

I'm having this issue myself too and I just recommend waiting until launch guys, If they don't fix it by then there will be a lot more posts about it because the large influx of players that are not pre-downloading will end up with the same issue as the current "minority" of steam users and then Zeke will have his/her proof not that it matters.

OP was just trying to grab pso2 staff's attention about this issue and this Zeke person is just trying to cause an issue, Anyways see you tomorrow hopefully won't have to post again if they fix it come launch time.

Yes don't fear monger. That causes a lot more issues and forum bans. Wait until the official release of NGS before claiming the sky is falling.

They even made an announcement saying wait until the update is over for their new launcher. I'd expect we're going to be getting minor updates on steam throughout the day.

Please don't threaten me with a forum ban for raising this issue. If anyone needs to be getting a ban it's you. You are not an admin, or a dev, or a Sega rep so please don't act as you are.

Thanks

@Zeke Addressing an issue that many people actually have isn't fearmongering. Also, the latest announcement on the website is about a completely different issue. It's near launch time and our issue isn't resolved left alone addressed, if this isn't worth bringing forward I don't know what is.