How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?

@Weirdo said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 SEGA made the video themselves and the video is not from PSO2 but made just for the game. Not sure why they never made it a concert in PSO2.

Still going to need an actual statement from sega, actually saying they class it has an mmo, especially when it says something completely different in the official description, and listing. I’ve never seen them use the term mmo, in any kind of offical posting.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 If it looks and plays like an MMO, it's an MMO. And if it has RPG or action elements, then that is added to the title. So its an action based MMORPG.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 I gonna quote what I put few seconds before your post

doesn't matter if the focus is action driven if it fills the requirements of MMO it will be classified as one

Sega doesn't need to classify their game as a MMORPG, hell most of the big companies don't classify their games like that and they don't need to do it.

@Anarchy-Marine said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 If it looks and plays like an MMO, it's an MMO. And if it has RPG or action elements, then that is added to the title. So its an action based MMORPG.

I think you missed the point I was making, Weirdo was saying that sega themselves have classified it has an mmo, where as far as I’m aware, they’ve been very careful not to use that term. Wether people want to classify it has an mmo or not is a different point to wether sega themselves have classified it has an mmo.

@Jamesmor I think my post at anarchy covers your response has well

Capture.PNG

This is what SEGA calls the game when they originally announced it at E3 2019 so the wording is a little touchy on whether it is a MMORPG or an Action RPG.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7aNatPKWRY

Also the same is said here if you use a phone to Google Translate it: http://pso2.jp/players/about/

Its an MMO. Why are we even giving this time and energy. Why arent we talkin about when these servers coming back up!!

@YagyuChan said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

Capture.PNG

This is what SEGA calls the game when they originally announced it at E3 2019 so the wording is a little touchy on whether it is a MMORPG or an Action RPG.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7aNatPKWRY

Also the same is said here if you use a phone to Google Translate it: http://pso2.jp/players/about/

I always called PS02 an MMOARPG, I mean it is a legitimate genre of game. I honestly fail to see why SEGA can’t just call it that, then again I don’t really understand many of the actions of any multi billion dollar company.

@Jill-Valentine-s-Husband said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

Its an MMO. Why are we even giving this time and energy. Why arent we talkin about when these servers coming back up!!

Cause we know what time the servers are provisionally coming back up, according to the timer that was kindly put up in another thread we’ve got about 4 hours and 45 mins to go. Though this can be delayed if they have any issues with the update

@Cult said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

Most games on this scale get a ton of Facebook comments, Twitter comments, likes, YouTube views etc. PSO 2 never seemed to have any major content streamers. Most every video even posted by the Pso team itself gets minuscule likes and views. But of course you log on and there’s thousands upon thousands playing.

It's a Sega thing, they have never really been good at this marketing thing.

@HermitST said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

@Cult said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

Most games on this scale get a ton of Facebook comments, Twitter comments, likes, YouTube views etc. PSO 2 never seemed to have any major content streamers. Most every video even posted by the Pso team itself gets minuscule likes and views. But of course you log on and there’s thousands upon thousands playing.

It's a Sega thing, they have never really been good at this marketing thing.

Hmm, outside of relying on standard advertising and word of mouth - the single most effective form of advertising still used today despite being the oldest. Sega keeping it basic and a little different to only having key games advertised on television, and majority through magazines like EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) and fans/the public doing the work for them - Sega lasted pretty long in the market, and still is - just not to the conventional senses many are used to currently.

I remember Night Trap's congressional hearings and, boom, Sega CD spike in sales. GameArts wanting Lunar to be on the SNES - but was turned down due to being to Anime with the story driven cuts and would need to remove them, but netted success with SEGA with very little advertising. So much, it was remastered for the Saturn and again on Dreamcast and eventually for Sony's products after Sega shot their own foot for over reaching with too many risks and had to bow out of the console wars, but opted to stay relevant with games.

Just cause Sega dropped from the console wars doesn't mean their advertising is or hasn't been good, they used old and and different methods. Be it for consoles and as well with their games, all have stood the test of time and still highly remembered by those during their prime.

Hell. Segata Sanshiro was one of the most notable and successful ads from Sega, let alone in any advertising marketing plan that reach targeted audiences in Japan and the US alone for any market - so much copy cats appeared across the globe to try to capture that lightning, even to this day the method is still used, though, not as much in gaming (but there are a few that will use it), but in other areas - just today seen a John Cena(sp) ad use the same method for Experian/Credit Score checking on YouTube and on TV.

To say their advertising methods wasn't a success is a stretch. They were, it is that simple, it just wasn't conventional to what many consider the norm then and even now.