How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?

Most games on this scale get a ton of Facebook comments, Twitter comments, likes, YouTube views etc. PSO 2 never seemed to have any major content streamers. Most every video even posted by the Pso team itself gets minuscule likes and views. But of course you log on and there’s thousands upon thousands playing.

It may partially be because of how hands off they are with the community with global. That getting anyone to respond to you from any of the PSO2 staff is rare (except for sometimes the twitter account responds to memes, but nor anything important usually). And the people who handle the tickets can't read.

So unless there's a campaign that requires interaction, I guess a lot of people aren't going to interact with their social media.

That how most MMORPGs are. BDO the same thing an it averages 60k player each day but there only 3 well known streamers in BDO and 5 YouTube two of them being thos same top streamers. An even than these BDO streamers only average 200 players while live, and 10-20k views. MMORPGs just aren't fun games to watch.

I would say it is more based around those who have had history. While not the most popular series of RPGS, it has made it mark in history. I say it falls in line with hmm. Rocky Horror Picture Show. Many know of it, many more seen it, and has a massive following, and often doesn't need much in marketing or advertising to push it forward due to the dedicated fan from as early as 1989.

While the big three (WoW, FFXIV, ESO) have decent marketing and advertising and discussions - most of the time, from my perspective through the social media outlets it is filtered with some bizarre comments that either nothing to do with company/game or seemingly trollish / hamrful as a whole giving random population spikes and dives through their game's live.

SEGA on the other hand, feels like it is using the classic and basics of advertising. Simple online, and the power of word of mouth. Who do you trust... Social media tid bits of how awesome said game is or family and friends insight and their experiences?

It arrived 8 years late. That's not a jab at PSO2, that's how dismissive some are about "old games". Still, I'm glad I got to experience this anime-like MMO.

just correction on this thread guys pso2 isn't an mmo is an action rpg just letting ya guys know

@Sumireko-Usagi Is that so? Well you should inform sega so that they know better than to put the MMORPG label on it. Who would have guessed that they need to get this information from some random player on their forums? Huh.

@Sumireko-Usagi What's your definition of an MMO then?

Jumping into a discussion and insisting that everyone else is wrong without supporting your position is not going to make many people agree with you.

@Sumireko-Usagi said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

just correction on this thread guys pso2 isn't an mmo is an action rpg just letting ya guys know

MMO definition is Massive Multi-player Online game. PSO2 is an MMO because you HAVE to use internet and YOU HAVE to see other people in the game.

It's an MMO.

SEGA themselves defines PSO2 as an MMORPG.

@Weirdo said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

SEGA themselves defines PSO2 as an MMORPG.

Ive never seen sega use the term mmo themselves, even on its description they say open-field. It’s also listed has an actionRPG on the Microsoft store

In Project Diva F the video for the song "The MMORPG Addict's Anthem" uses PSO2's shopping plaza.

@Weirdo said in How some PSO2 never has much internet buzz or trends or social media attention?:

In Project Diva F the video for the song "The MMORPG Addict's Anthem" uses PSO2's shopping plaza.

A video in a song that uses a clip from pso2, is a far cry from sega classing it has an mmo

@TEN-SQUARE-3 SEGA made the video themselves and the video is not from PSO2 but made just for the game. Not sure why they never made it a concert in PSO2.

just to clarify MMORPG is a genre and yes PSO2 is part of the genre, doesn't matter if the focus is action driven if it fills the requirements of MMO it will be classified as one