Europe - Region Locked everywhere

How can Europeans play this game. Its locked by region on steam/epicggames and windows store. Will it even get a European launch or give access to different regions ?

shouldn't be blocked unless you are in Belgium or Netherlands

Netherlands , Exactly my whole point why im asking this here

@JewwBacca Interesting. Didn't know that across the pond would be locked out, let alone any of it. Possibly, might have to due VPN if possible to gain access while checking to see when/if that region gets access eventually.

I will assume that it is probably based on the scratch tickets (viewed as gambling and loot boxes in certain part of the states here) on why it is region locked versus the other bits in the ratings (naughty language, bits of certain body parts exposed etc.)

Mainly because of the b.s law they made here about microtransactions/lootboxes seen as ''Gambling''

@JewwBacca It's not region locked in Europe, it's only locked in Belgium and Netherlands.

The only way Belgium/Netherlands players can access PSO2 is through the MS store version by changing the region.

you should be able to play from microsoft store, im from belgium and i think it's the only way to play this game

You can play with Microsoft store version, all you need is to change your windows region then you can download it

@Nope-0 do you know if it works to buy costumes aswell? or only to play the game?

You can purchase xbox live cards from anywhere and use the code to get balance on your microsoft account. From there on you can purchase AC and ultimately ingame stuff.

@JewwBacca said in Europe - Region Locked everywhere:

Mainly because of the b.s law they made here about microtransactions/lootboxes seen as ''Gambling''

I do like how the Netherlands handle lootboxes/gambling as a whole. Wish Germany would do it the same way

Edit: I mean explicitly the whole p2w stuff as is the trend with almost every EA game

You wish the government decided how you can/cannot spend your own money ???

I doubt thats what he means. But if there would be a rule that makes it harder for such games, maybe they would appear less. And im all in for more games where you have to pay once and play forever. That its possible can be seen with ESO, for example. You have to understand that it turns a lot of players away who dont go that way and use ingame shops. And a load of pay options are in PSO .... Many menus are very disturbing, overloaded from ingameshop stuff. This is the biggest reason i never got warm with this version of the game. Its just too hefty (for me).

Make normal games again, this is just crazy how far the trend led during the last years.

Because it IS gambling, which is why the laws were passed, blame these companies that want to nickel and dime everyone. Sorry for your loss.

@Astral-Lettie said in Europe - Region Locked everywhere:

Because it IS gambling, which is why the laws were passed, blame these companies that want to nickel and dime everyone. Sorry for your loss.

I will say that is worse than gambling, when you go gambling you at least have a nice place with a unique atmophere and have a good time there even when losing with lootboxes you get nothing of that and yeah I agree with having laws over it in special over minors.