Downtime Discussion Thread and NGS Countdown Timer

With how long the pre-NGS maintenance will be I imagine there will be people asking when NGS is launching.

With this in mind, I have created a countdown timer based on the times provided in this news post. If someone wants to know when NGS is coming out, you are welcome to link them the countdown I created.

Lastly, feel free to use this thread as general downtime discussion if you like.

EDIT: The preload for NGS is up. It will be patched into your existing PSO2 install.

EDIT2: I have created a new timer to match the end time in this post.

I hope everyone claimed all of their MP items, jp for some reason got until mid july to claim their items.

@Ryoga "MP" items?

@Xaelon said in Downtime Discussion Thread and NGS Countdown Timer:

@Ryoga "MP" items?

I think the items you get from the phone? Honestly I have no idea either.

Mission pass items from the previous season?

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Downtime Discussion Thread and NGS Countdown Timer:

Mission pass items from the previous season?

Oh that makes sense. True you had until this maintenance to claim them. Officially no more mission pass items available now.

Yeah MP has to be Mission Pass. Our card with Season 16 said it expired on 9 June.

I've been putting it off until PSO2 is down but I really need to come up with a catchy or pertinent (ideally both) name for this NGS campaign tracker of mine. "Campaign Checklist" is the best I've come up with so far and it seems a little dry. It also doesn't condense very well. Camcheck? Camplist? 🤔

@Miraglyth Yeah, Mission Pass sounds correct. I kinda forgot about the mission pass since the last one didn't have anything I wanted.

I feel your pain about trying to name your tracker. Coming up with a good name for anything is always a pain. Maybe if I throw a few names out there it'll give you some inspiration.

• NGS Reward Passport/Checklist/Guide/Guidebook
  • Crawford's Command Feed (Crawford is the ARKS commander in NGS)
  • HNN (Halpha News Network)
  • Halpha Event Guide/Passport/Checklist
  • Halpha Guidebook

That's all I can come up with for now. I'll keep it rolling around in my brain and see if I come up with anything else.

@Xaelon said in Downtime Discussion Thread and NGS Countdown Timer:

I feel your pain about trying to name your tracker. Coming up with a good name for anything is always a pain. Maybe if I throw a few names out there it'll give you some inspiration.

That's all I can come up with for now. I'll keep it rolling around in my brain and see if I come up with anything else.

That's much appreciated! I'm not too keen on Guide (since it's not really in the same vein as class guides for instance) or News (which I feel would be more about blogs or YouTubers describing announcements), but I hadn't thought of including Halpha in the name before and that has some good theming potential for sure!

Now if Sega catalogued their own stuff better, we wouldn’t have to have ppl making whole archives dedicated to this stuff. But alas... 😞

Ooh, what about Halpha Hitlist?

Sounds like you’re gonna bop everyone in Halpha. XD

@Pariah-Chan said in Downtime Discussion Thread and NGS Countdown Timer:

Sounds like you’re gonna bop everyone in Halpha. XD

Yeah lol, just looked up the word and it's a bit more criminal than the synonym for a task list that I thought it was! 😅

@Miraglyth said in Downtime Discussion Thread and NGS Countdown Timer:

Ooh, what about Halpha Hitlist?

Sounds like you gonna put out hits on ARKS and get them struck off lol