NGS Pre-Download

@Aquila-ibis said in NGS Pre-Download:

90 GB? Wow that insane.

Yep that is what happens when you take a an existing game with 10 years worth of content and patch another completely new game into it.

@Xaelon said in NGS Pre-Download:

90 GB? Wow that insane.

Yep that is what happens when you take a an existing game with 10 years worth of content and patch another completely new game into it.

and also forget to make a better file compression, it is possible to reduce the size but I doubt Sega will even bother to do it now even more with this size.

Does anyone know if there will be new ships for new players joining due to NGS or hasn't it been stated yet?

@Jamesmor said in NGS Pre-Download:

@Xaelon said in NGS Pre-Download:

90 GB? Wow that insane.

and also forget to make a better file compression, it is possible to reduce the size but I doubt Sega will even bother to do it now even more with this size.

Yeah, I giggled when they didn't opted to use their own maint times to ease in NGS download like most other MMOs do with expansions to major updates. To each their own.

Kept PSO2 installed, like they recommended, so only a 46.39GB download from the Windows Store. Epic Games also updating and it says 49.9GB update. Steam update is ready for download and it is 35.9GB.

Yes, I have it installed 3 times. 😁

@Bolton-Squad said in NGS Pre-Download:

Does anyone know if there will be new ships for new players joining due to NGS or hasn't it been stated yet?

So far it is unclear atm, ideally they should open up the last two ships cause of this update. Though not marketed like the big three in the mmo world, it has gotten a decent amount of attention to warrant it.

@Bolton-Squad @Viola-Lance Unless the current 4 ships get completely congested, opening any more ships would be a mistake.

@Ezodagrom said in NGS Pre-Download:

@Bolton-Squad @Viola-Lance Unless the current 4 ships get completely congested, opening any more ships would be a mistake.

I probably should have clarified my concept lol - I am thinking that possibly the other two ships; 5 and 6, might be more for NGS, though mostly you are probably right in the end.

@Viola-Lance Most players in the current ships are going to play on NGS anyway, plus there have been users talking about the lack of population on ship 4 (and maybe a bit on ship 3 too) in the last months. Until ships 3 and 4 get congested, there's no need for more ships. ^^;

@Viola-Lance Most players in the current ships are going to play on NGS anyway, plus there have been users talking about the lack of population on ship 4 (and maybe a bit on ship 3 too) in the last months. Until ships 3 and 4 get congested, there's no need for more ships. ^^;

Yeah. I'm probably gonna be the same as well, probably once a week pop in to ship 1 to help keep the alliance tree watered for those who decide to stay. But mostly will be in NGS - and be one of the few with my non finger moving avatar... maybe depends on the outfits that come and go in NGS lol.

90 GB for both PSO2 and NGS. Doesn't seem like they're giving a standalone option right now. RIP everyone's memory who never downloaded PSO2.

@Zeke Seems like only PS4 JP has a standalone option at the moment, even the PC JP version is having both PSO2 and NGS together, with options to download everything at once in the launcher or download the PSO2 data while playing NGS (no option for NGS standalone at the moment).

@Cat said in NGS Pre-Download:

Thanks i finally got it working, sad that we don't have the option to just download the NGS only. So this is my face when I saw that 97.84 GB

alt text

They were supposedly supposed to be making an NGS only client, as well as the combined one. If you really want to downsize old PSO out keep an eye out they might release one yet.

@Zeke Seems like only PS4 JP has a standalone option at the moment, even the PC JP version is having both PSO2 and NGS together, with options to download everything at once in the launcher or download the PSO2 data while playing NGS (no option for NGS standalone at the moment).

Do you think it's because they got the graphics engine update for pso2 already, as opposed to us getting it on top of new genesis?

I personally don't mind the almost 100 GB it absolutely insane, but my new hard drive is 2 TB. So I have the space for the game.