NGS Pre-Download

When can we start pre downloading NGS? My internet speed is slow and I could use download ahead of time

If I had to guess, probably Monday at some point after the maint starts.

Hopefully in maint

It will likely be during maintenance. Which is slated to be 24+ hours long.

It will definitely be right after maintenance starts. Other maintenance days you can start updating immediately after maintenance starts. NGS, which is just being distributed as a typical maintenance update, should be the same way.

@Ragnawind that's what most people is waiting but so far there's nothing announced that will or will not be like that and will be really good if they say something.

@Jamesmor said in NGS Pre-Download:

@Ragnawind that's what most people is waiting but so far there's nothing announced that will or will not be like that and will be really good if they say something.

It is pretty much guaranteed with their extended maintenance. It is very likely to make it so more people are able to get on at once by taking it down earlier for pre-download.

If the Japanese side of things is to be believed then (Btw this is Google Translate):

The delivery time of the "PC" version update patch is scheduled to be around 8:00 JST on June 8 (Tuesday), and the delivery time of the "PS4" version update patch is scheduled to be around 0:00 JST on June 9 (Wednesday).

Once again this is for the Japanese server. But I have done the calculations and the Global maintenance is at the exact same time as the Japanese one so I fully expect the same timings which will be 4 PM PDT for the PC download on June 7 and for Xbox I couldn't say since 12 AM JST is 8 AM PDT on June 8.

@YagyuChan 12:00AM/00:00 JST is 8:00AM PDT, not 8:00PM.

https://savvytime.com/converter/jst-to-pdt

@YagyuChan said in NGS Pre-Download:

If the Japanese side of things is to be believed then (Btw this is Google Translate):

The delivery time of the "PC" version update patch is scheduled to be around 8:00 JST on June 8 (Tuesday), and the delivery time of the "PS4" version update patch is scheduled to be around 0:00 JST on June 9 (Wednesday).

Once again this is for the Japanese server. But I have done the calculations and the Global maintenance is at the exact same time as the Japanese one so I fully expect the same timings which will be 4 PM PDT for the download on June 7 and for Xbox I couldn't say since 12 AM JST is 8 PM PDT on June 8.

I wouldn't go by the Japanese side as they don't really deal with the same clients as the West. Xbox and Windows Store should definitely get to download it early. Things like Steam and Epic Store may require people to wait til launch. Think PSO2 for Steam wasn't up til the game was officially out.

But I would expect them to tweet about what is happening tomorow.

I would save assumptions about the download, for later, as we won't know until it arrives, when it will, or how NGS and PSO2 base will be treated when it comes to downloading them.

@PhantasyStar369 said in NGS Pre-Download:

@YagyuChan said in NGS Pre-Download:

Once again this is for the Japanese server. But I have done the calculations and the Global maintenance is at the exact same time as the Japanese one so I fully expect the same timings which will be 4 PM PDT for the download on June 7 and for Xbox I couldn't say since 12 AM JST is 8 PM PDT on June 8.

I wouldn't go by the Japanese side as they don't really deal with the same clients as the West. Xbox and Windows Store should definitely get to download it early. Things like Steam and Epic Store may require people to wait til launch. Think PSO2 for Steam wasn't up til the game was officially out.

But I would expect them to tweet about what is happening tomorow.

I guess we will see but to me it looks like everything will be deployed at the same time. For me I will go by the JP version since it is the main version I play lol. Also technically they do deal with the Western clients since they directly deal with pushing the client out to the Western companies and making said client for the Western versions. All the other companies do is PR and help with the translations or dealing with Western Player feedback.

A couple of notes on the JP pre-download timings.

The PC download in JP starts literally as soon as the maintenance starts. I guess SEGA can do this because JP PC version is distributed directly from SEGA's server and they can have full control over the process. I wonder if they can do the same through marketplaces of other platforms.

The download timing of PS4 version is shifted to about 12 hours earlier than usual. Usually, the updates for PS4 version become available at sometime around noon, but they changed it to the midnight. Clearly they are trying to give players ample time for the update. I hope they do the same for other platforms of global.

Where is my NGS pre download?

@Cat said in NGS Pre-Download:

Where is my NGS pre download?

I would give a guestimate at probably anytime around 8-to-11am ish Tuesday (today) at the absolute earliest if they do happen to provide a pre download.

Edit: Download appears to be available on all areas since about 2am-to-2:15 am