What cool Multiweapon combos you gonna try?

One thing exites me the most about NGS is the multiweapon system, and I always thought it would be cool if we we're able to use weapons from our subclass and not limited just to the main class only.

Perhaps that one Multiweapon combo I am excited the most use would tbe the Katana/Sword combo, Just imagine having a Sword weapon where you can Slash like a katana and deliver heavy blows like a Sword? Combine this weapon combo with weapon camo that supports both Sword and Katana, and you will get something Similar to 2B from NieR:Automata.

My other 2 hyped weapon combos we're Wand/Katana and Katana/Assault rifle, I always like carrying swords games with the ability to also unleash a barage or powerful range attacks and support attacks.

I might experiment with a Ranger/Force build and have a rifle/rod combo with a launcher/talis combo, so I have access to a wide range of long distance attacks for just about any situation, but this would only work if I can use both main class and sub-class weapons with the mergers.

PSO2 main has a melee/ranged class (Braver) and a melee/tech class (Bouncer), but no ranged/tech classes, Hero and Phantom are melee, ranged, and tech, while Etoile was mainly melee, meaning there is a gap in attack styles that I could try to fill if things work that way.

If I had to pick a combo I am excited about trying it is TMGs and Wired Lance. The one I kinda feel would be cool is Jet Boots and TMGs.

Id like to to see what bow/jb looks like. Trying to imagine botw airborne bow fun time. Or just banish kicks. Maybe even seeing if we get the ability to chain kick with tmg/jb. Or chain with tmg/sb if thats even possible.

Really want to try Dagger + Talis.

They've announced that the Theseus Weapon Series includes weapons for Hunters, Rangers, and Gunners and the Trois De Weapon Series includes weapons for Fighters, Forces, and Techters.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/update20210602 (please see the section "3★ Rarity Weapons")

So speaking from what we have been informed so far, a multiweapon combination across these two groups of classes (like Ra/Fo) is not likely to be possible.

If such combination was possible, we have to assume some elements not yet revealed to us. Like,

1. There's another 3-star weapon series which includes such a weapon combination.

2. There's some special item which allows us to add a sub-weapon without consuming a weapon from the same series.

Either way, there will be some uncertainty about which weapon combination is viable. I took 3-star weapon as an example, but 4-star weapons have the same problem too.

Personally, until SEGA make these points clear, I'm not taking multiweapons as an essential element of the game.

@Fiona-Respha said in What cool Multiweapon combos you gonna try?:

They've announced that the Theseus Weapon Series includes weapons for Hunters, Rangers, and Gunners and the Trois De Weapon Series includes weapons for Fighters, Forces, and Techters.

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/update20210602 (please see the section "3★ Rarity Weapons")

So speaking from what we have been informed so far, a multiweapon combination across these two groups of classes (like Ra/Fo) is not likely to be possible.

If such combination was possible, we have to assume some elements not yet revealed to us. Like,

1. There's another 3-star weapon series which includes such a weapon combination.

2. There's some special item which allows us to add a sub-weapon without consuming a weapon from the same series.

Either way, there will be some uncertainty about which weapon combination is viable. I took 3-star weapon as an example, but 4-star weapons have the same problem too.

Personally, until SEGA make these points clear, I'm not taking multiweapons as an essential element of the game.

Don't quote me on this, becauss this was near the end of the CBT and I didn't pay too much attention to it, but I'm fairly certain that I was able to make a multi weapon with a Trois de Rod and a Theseus Rifle, and that I just lacked the money.

I think all that's required is the same rarity between items, so that the weapon power and the required experience to level up both weapons syncs up. The weapon series might be important because of its potential, as the source weapon should keep it while the weapon to combine it with only gets used for the photon arts and techniques.

Again, I'm not 100% certain that this is how the game works, there's likely people who paid a lot more attention to the game's mechanics than I did.

Anyway, all that aside, I want to see if TMG and twin daggers can make a good combo, and I hope talis is a viable main weapon this time around, so I can use it with a melee weapon, maybe partisan. Once jet boots come back, I'll likely pair them with a katana, or a high power, low mobility weapon.

@The-Merfox Interesting, if that's true then they might have changed it from the JP CBT. Personally, I welcome such a change. Splitting multiweapons possibility by weapon series doesn't look a good idea to me. Let's see what happens in the launch version!

Do you have to use multiweapons for optimal damage? Because i'd rather just beat things to death. Obviously that means using knuckles on all classes if available. Hopefully there was some effort put into making aerial combat so you don't need to use ranged weapons to hit higher weak spots.

@Yggranya Again, I could be wrong, but I think I remember multi-weapons having somewhat higher battle power.

Either way, I think it would be a good idea to at least have something to make better use of your subclass's skills, since this time around they seem to be based more on weapons and techniques than stat bonuses.

TMG+ sword or knuckles for high burst with chain trigger.

Probably rod and knucks to take advantage of downed elemental states.

Could see myself going daggers and rifle for safe range options.

Knux+WL and Rod+Launcher.

Also, Rod+DS

My hope is that the rest of the scion classes get brought over sooner as well. Well the unique aspects they have on certain weapons that are not baked into the other classes.

I.e etoile movement now attached to force Phantom attached to ranger/gunner

Which is fine...

Been toying with Talis only hero, and it is pretty fun as a mid to melee dive in and fall back hit an run combatant. Though realistically very squishy if you miss a counter, but competitive damage when paired with certain techniques on both AoE mobbing and Single Target.

Would love that type of build brought over to NGS, fast and squishy. So... clarification, to have Talis also used in NGS as it is in Base. From the simple-not-simple play force and techters use talis as to position nuking, to the straight forward talis combat that hero scion class has. That, or Either with this new (still trying to find info on it) subclass weapon mixing multicombo build.

Would love to have that dive and drop style combat. Maybe... force/gunner combo? Hmmm.

I mean the only things really worth keeping from Etiole is how wand is played and I say this as a SB Etiole. Phantom i'd rather they bake katana style into Braver some what like how rifle seems to play more like Ph rifle. The only successor class I think would actually be unique enough to come back (since we're getting a luster like gunblade class already,) is hero.

@Knight-Raime I can only hope lol. The unique play of talis on hero IMHO is fantastic and fell in love with it soon as I cleared by bank and said, ah wth, why not.

Also, I feel braver will probably get the phantom aspects baked into it.