Blocklisting someone should also mute their emotes

Certain emotes should have never been released in the first place (Space Channel 5 for one), but since they are in game and we are stuck with them, we have to deal with people constantly spamming these annoying emotes (especially during concerts). I say make that when you blocklist a person it also makes it so the audio from their emotes doesn't go off, we already have it so a blocked person's accessories don't show when you have that feature set and those people can't join your parties or enter your PQ, so killing the audio of their emotes will be a nice added bonus to deal with irritating players.

That could be hard to do since some emotes make you move.

Its not the animations that is annoying, its the audio part that gets irritating and the sound is coming from the person doing the emote, so that can be tied to the same system as their chat.

Maybe, can't know how it is done for sure without seeing the code.

@LazerRay said in Blocklisting someone should also mute their emotes:

Its not the animations that is annoying, its the audio part that gets irritating and the sound is coming from the person doing the emote, so that can be tied to the same system as their chat.

Yeah, I found the audio annoying myself. I just walk away. Its not spammed enough for me to block people.

@Anarchy-Marine The idiots spam the emote during concerts, can't walk away if I want the buff from the event or I have the camera in concert mode.

@LazerRay Haven't personally run onto that issue thankfully. Sorry you had to put up with them ruining the concert..

@Anarchy-Marine The idiots spam the emote during concerts, can't walk away if I want the buff from the event or I have the camera in concert mode.

you actually only have to be in the area to get the buff, don't even need to play the mini-game or use the special camera angle for those concerts that have it

I've never even been in the shopping plaza and i've alway gotten the buff regardless. As long as i stayed somewhere in the ship area, it worked. Maybe this is some new thing or it got "fixed" but it worked before.

I'm not the only one getting irritated by the Space Channel 5 emote during concerts, several players are resorting to abuse reporting the spammers, I just happen to be the only one who made a forum thread about it to try and have an existing feature improved.