ngs benchmark not launching

opening the launcher itself works, but when i press ''start game'' nothing happens, it just disappears off my task manger, i made sure my firewall isn't blocking it, and i even turned off my antivirus and tried to turn it on...no use either...i'm in Egypt so maybe that's the problem? maybe the benchmark only works for NA cuz the game isn't out yet..? idk anyone can help would be appreciated , i dont even know if my pc can run the game or not as my pc is intel core i5 4460 and gpu is geforce gt 740, ram is 8 gb

is not the region because the benchmark doesn't care about where your system is located he only cares if your machine can run it.

the issue you have is your hardware, your CPU can handle the game because it has AVX support however your GPU can't so the reason is crashing is because of that, you need at minimum a GTX 950 to run the game and the same for the benchmark

@Jamesmor said in ngs benchmark not launching:

is not the region because the benchmark doesn't care about where your system is located he only cares if your machine can run it.

the issue you have is your hardware, your CPU can handle the game because it has AVX support however your GPU can't so the reason is crashing is because of that, you need at minimum a GTX 950 to run the game and the same for the benchmark

I doubt it is the GPU either. It is more likely a setting or trying to use the onboard GPU which won't work on that processor

@Jamesmor so does that mean that my pc can't play the game whatsoever? 😞

@Ragnawind does that mean i can't play the game at all?

@CoffeeBoyKiri said in ngs benchmark not launching:

@Ragnawind does that mean i can't play the game at all?

Open Device Manager and see if you have two devices listed under Display Adapters. If so, disable the one from Intel, restart the computer and try launching again. If it still doesn't work, find the folder that contains the benchmark's pso2_bin folder and check its properties and see how it compares to this: Untitled.png

@Ragnawind disabled the intel one and reseted pc, still nothing happens at all when i press start game, and my file's properties look the same as the pic you put 😞

@CoffeeBoyKiri said in ngs benchmark not launching:

@Ragnawind disabled the intel one and reseted pc, still nothing happens at all when i press start game, and my file's properties look the same as the pic you put 😞

You can try using my settings file and see if it works. Otherwise, you need to check Event Viewer to find any errors related to the pso2.exe file. Here is my user file for the benchmark. It goes into C:\Users<your username here>\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NGS_CHARACTERCREATOR_NA

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YO-_uSr4MLTSThm8g2a2-xz5KbEfnYzk/view?usp=sharing

@Ragnawind not working either, someone brought something to my attention, it might be my windows version, as it's not a legit version, idk tbh i'm running out of reasons to understand why this is happening

@CoffeeBoyKiri having a active license or not won't affect the game at all, hell not having a license doesn't stop Windows from working properly so unless you are running Windows 7 that is not supported having or not a license for Windows 10 won't affect any game.

@Jamesmor said in ngs benchmark not launching:

@CoffeeBoyKiri having a active license or not won't affect the game at all, hell not having a license doesn't stop Windows from working properly so unless you are running Windows 7 that is not supported having or not a license for Windows 10 won't affect any game.

Unless using a crack, but that only affects the game itself, since GameGuard will crash with a cracked Windows, whether it is Windows 10 or anything before. The benchmark doesn't use GG, though, so a cracked or not activated version of Windows is definitely not the issue in this case, at least.

@CoffeeBoyKiri : Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer after it doesn't launch? Also, what version of Windows do you use. For example, I use Windows 10 Home Feature Update 2004 still, which has a build number of 19041.985. You can find your info from Start ->Settings -> System -> About and scroll down to Windows Specifications: Untitled.png

@CoffeeBoyKiri There might be an issue with your install of Windows 10 Pro. If you can, you might want to try an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool download. You just need an 8GB+ flash drive. Doing the in-place upgrade should repair a corrupt OS. Even a slightly corrupt OS can cause issues with certain programs, but it is rare. You also shouldn't lose any data or settings with an in-place upgrade