What trigger actions you use in your mag?

I have been planning to set the trigger actions on my mags for Invincibility A, because I primarly use classes that generaly dont have much protection (Phantom) so having invincibilitys on my mag for extra protection would help greatly to circumvent it, however what are your recommendations?

Not a fan of invincibility. Afaik it procs at random time, and not when actually getting hit, so most of the time it will be active when you aren't getting hit with no guarantee it will ever save you.

Healing action procs on-hit, so it might actually save you for multi-hit attacks

@Kamil118 said in What trigger actions you use in your mag?:

Not a fan of invincibility. Afaik it procs at random time, and not when actually getting hit, so most of the time it will be active when you aren't getting hit with no guarantee it will ever save you.

Healing action procs on-hit, so it might actually save you for multi-hit attacks

Doesn’t invincibility proc when your PB charges, with a set cooldown? It depends on what content you’re running has well, healing actions are great till you do endless then they become completely useless.

Afaik it procs at random time

No, invincibility procs when Photon Blast gauge is filled up completely.

@Charus said in What trigger actions you use in your mag?:

I have been planning to set the trigger actions on my mags for Invincibility A, because I primarly use classes that generaly dont have much protection (Phantom) so having invincibilitys on my mag for extra protection would help greatly to circumvent it, however what are your recommendations?

The ones you want to choose depends on how many slots you have but for the most part, you'll want Invincibility A or HP Recovery A.

If you have 5 slots, 1 Invincibility A and 4 HP Recovery A is the most ideal. If you have 8 slots, you can have 2 Invincibility A and the rest HP Recovery A. If you are more of a player who knows how to dodge or counter somewhat, you can switch up the HP Recovery A's around with other ones.

For mine specifically, mine has 8 slots so I have 2 Invincibility A, 1 HP Recovery B, 2 Status Recovery B and the rest HP Recovery A.

@TearDrops said in What trigger actions you use in your mag?:

No, invincibility procs when Photon Blast gauge is filled up completely.

Now that's even worse, that means that Invincibility A is virtually worthless, since it will never activate during boss fights unless you spam resta.

Unless I guess you run endless.

Taking damage fills up the Photon Blast gauge. I can confirm this by standing in lava.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 What is that PB charge thing?

Can I ask what would you put on for Dex Mag 10 slots on a Hunter main Phantom fury build.

Now that's even worse, that means that Invincibility A is virtually worthless, since it will never activate during boss fights unless you spam resta.

Unless I guess you run endless.

What are you talking about? As long as you deal damage on monsters, Photon Blast gauge will fill up quickly. Even in a simple quest like Menace of the Bewitched Castle, you will be to fill it up 4-5 times per run.

This makes Invincible A exceedingly good, particularly during these Ultra Hard quests since invincibility provides an easy way to deal massive damage during the time it activates and at the times when it is helpful. In Face of the Abyss, you can get invincibility at the last phase which lets you move through the white goo and continue to do damage on it to end the battle quickly. In Twisted with Hatred, it's possible to get invincibility during Light/Dark Sodam which is usually the cause of failure for runs and invincibility would help make it less likely. Even in Divide Quests, invincibility may be the difference between killing and not killing Varuna/Mitra and Shiva on Stage 30 and 35 respectively.

All that said, if the person dies every 1 minute, then yeah invincibility is worthless. But if you can reasonably hold your ground, it is valuable when playing the upper echelon of quests.

@TearDrops

PB gauge fills based on max HP damage dealt. From swiki (google translated with edits for global names):

"Gauges are filled by damaging or receiving damage. The ratio of the gauge increase amount due to the damage dealt is determined by what percentage of the maximum HP of the attack target is damaged, and if there is an overkill amount, that amount will also be accumulated...

Cetus Proi is about 23 bodies, the other is about 42 bodies give each of the damage of the maximum HP worth of when the gauge is accumulated as possible? (Fine verification Wanted)

If the gauge is to be accumulated only by taking damage, it seems that the damage of Cetus Proi is about 7 times the maximum HP, and the damage of other than that is about 10 times."

There does not appear to be any mention of boss fights having increased PB gauge fill rate. This implies that the only way to reliably fill the PB gauge against bosses would be to take a lot of damage, which is not a good strategy. This makes Invincibility unreliable at best.

How do you increase the trigger action slots in your mag? I only have 5 but yall manage to have 10 slots, how?

@Charus You use an item that I believe is called "Mag Support Expansion Kit" which comes from AC Scratch tickets. You can find them on the Player Shop for a pretty penny.

And if you're creating a new Mag there's always PP Recovery E/J to consider.

@LusterMain Fair enough, I was incorrect on doing damage increasing the gauge.

That doesn't mean it makes invincibility unreliable. The two instances in a boss where it would be unreliable is if you are either god at dodging such that the Photon Blast gauge doesn't even fill up completely during the duration of the fight or you are so bad that you die frequently enough and invincibility doesn't matter. Anywhere else in between gives it value.

Yes, taking damage is bad. But you do not take damage for the sake of invincibility, that would be dumb. Instead, it provides a second trigger condition option rather than one trigger condition if you just had all HP Recovery A instead. This lets the Mag be more useful throughout the battle rather than just backing you up on heavy damage hit only.

@TearDrops

The reason it's unreliable isn't because it can't be used at all, but because when it procs is just hard to control. There's no guarantee that it will proc at a time that it can be abused - it can even proc at a time where it gets completely wasted. The PB gauge being somewhat vague makes it harder to control as well.

According to the earlier swiki passage, you need to take ~7x (Cetus Proi) your own max HP for the gauge to fill. That's a reasonably wide window of skill to make invincibility not proc at all (IMO). Then again, seeing how many people used PB to iframe Persona's and Sodam's DPS checks...

This doesn't matter much anyway, because of how many trigger actions can be equipped. A healthy mix of different trigger actions is best even if some of them individually may have questionable use. The only really bad trigger action is revive (very low chance).