Differences between NGS Global and JP

@RainGnyu Ionno about other people, but I moved to JP and haven't looked back since episode 4 released on here, cause at that point I just gave up on global un-censoring things. Good thing too, had a friend who wanted to play pso2 but couldn't play on PC and don't have a xbox. So I decided to get him to download and play the JP version with me on the PS4, while I stick to PC, life's good ever since then. I get to play short toon and make my friends laugh, my friend get to play on ps4, not really having much of a communication problem once you get some friends.

I only really come here to see what's up on global forums these days. But it's true I still wish I hadn't have to do this, but seems like if I really want to have my way, I just had to move. Seems to be the only way to escape the whole political correctness that's been going around these days. I still look forward to when global decide to unlock height and bring in other collab content, so that everyone can experience it one day.

I don't know why you think it's funny that someone voice out what they want, but to each their own I suppose?

Also @The-Merfox go ahead and do it, it's not as intimidating to move over to jp version as many would have thought. A few extra steps, yes, but once you do you will get to have what you want. Granted JP doesn't have some features global does like buying triggers with weapon badges, but those triggers aren't impossible to obtain either with just meseta. Unlike in global where there is just something that is impossible to obtain by grinding like some outfits and well... height restriction. In JP if you willing to put in the grind you can have everything.

@YagyuChan

Some were from the Soldier Collection to be released at launch, here's most from cbt:

Photo editing_Cloud20210608_3.jpg Photo editing_Cloud20210608_1.jpg

I found it nice that scratch stuff is now ticket based, and if you have repeat items, you could sell them straight from your inventory for maseta.

Well, JP pushed out another one-time password campaign. Though the rewards are pretty common, just a salon pass and N-half doll.

Yeah overall it is better to play the JP version. Better support, more features, etc. Definitely would suggest all the new players for NGS to go there instead.

@HarmlessSyan should we check after maintenance if the code works for us too? 🙂

@Pariah-Chan one-time password is a 2-step authentication app that the JP client uses.

Ah... Well it’s a small incentive to strengthen their security, so no big loss on our part. ;3

So I’ve been playing around in salon, and found out the changes to the female cast default basewear is gone! 😄

If anyone has the harriette basewear, could you check and see if the changes from that is removed?

@Pariah-Chan I think it's gone too, I saw someone in the old PSO2 lobby with one of the Hariette clothes, and she was wearing the Silence Lied innerwear and it was showing. Unfortunately I couldn't get a screenshot as the person ran away from me while I was checking up her clothes from the Nearby Players menu to make sure it was indeed the Hariette clothes, though I honestly forgot which one it was. But I'm pretty sure only one of the basewear was showing the innerwear in JP and was censored in Global, so that did caught my attention when I saw the character standing in the lobby. From looking at the article for the Royal Fantasy AC scratch, I'm guessing it's the Battlewear?

https://pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/royalfantasy

The Silence Lied innerwear is part of the Versus Annihilation SG scratch.

https://pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/versusannihilation

So yeah, that kind of innerwear is bound to make you go O_O when you see it in the open!

Right? Kinda glad to see less differences between the two versions now! 🙂

So has anyone discovered anything else? I’ve been trying to figure out the texture drop issues between the two versions myself...

@Moei said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

Yeah overall it is better to play the JP version. Better support, more features, etc. Definitely would suggest all the new players for NGS to go there instead.

Well you'll get a ban. They've been IP banning and blocking all forms of VPN usage from their server. It's now come into fruition on stopping people from outside Japan from accessing their game.

That seems like a poor move on their part, it’s pretty much alienating a good portion of their playerbase that was unhappy about how NA ran things.

@Pariah-Chan said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

That seems like a poor move on their part, it’s pretty much alienating a good portion of their playerbase that was unhappy about how NA ran things.

not just that they are also screwing over the people that invested money and time into those accounts and would love to go to NA if they could transfer their account but SEGA won't allow it so people will refuse to leave Japanese servers without a fight or will just stop playing the game entirely feeling cheated. So far it is believed to be a routing issue or an attempt at an IP block but not enough info to say atm but what I can say is apparently people inside Japan are affected as well. (Yes I am aware it is against ToS but it is SEGA's fault for not full out blocking us in the first place or giving a Global version at the start)

@YagyuChan said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

not just that they are also screwing over the people that invested money and time into those accounts and would love to go to NA if they could transfer their account but SEGA won't allow it so people will refuse to leave Japanese servers without a fight or will just stop playing the game entirely feeling cheated.

Then... don't create an account for a game meant for another continent's server and feel that you're entitled to transfer your character off that server just because you made the conscious choice to spend exuberant amounts of money on it.

I'll never understand this mindset. You're on a server you aren't even supposed to be on, the game finally releases globally and people on the other server get banned/IP blocked (And rightfully so) but because the global server isn't what YOU want, the JP servers have to bend over backwards to please you?

@YagyuChan said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

(Yes I am aware it is against ToS but it is SEGA's fault for not full out blocking us in the first place or giving a Global version at the start)

And when you DO get IP blocked, you guys STILL complain.