Differences between NGS Global and JP

So looking around on the forums shows that NGS is being handled differently for Global, since they had to condense everything down to a year of content. But with NGS being here for years to come, we’re already seeing differences in the two versions.

So I’m making this post as a general tally of altered content for both versions! ;3

So far there has been 5 Oracle Renew packs for JP, that Global has had no confirmation of it ever releasing here. Shame too, since most of it is NGS compatible versions of old suits, maybe they’ll just add those to Global scratches instead?

Next, the dreaded height restriction. Global players have already discovered the Benchmark has the restrictions still in place, so it looks like it’s here to stay.

Feel free to add to the list over time! ❤

Off the top of my head, JP-Only Things Include...

• The removal of the "Smart Inner." One of the default Innerwears intended to be worn with more-revealing Basewears like the Gene Bunnysuit or some of the shirtless male ones.

• Select few EP4 cutscenes. Sprinkled through the middle and end of JP's EP4 Story Mode are cutscenes which basically just feature the characters of the Episode in public baths (first one was Hitsugi, Kohri and Al; second was all of the girls; third was the guys). These cutscenes are completely absent in Global.

• Old-Type Weapons. Prior to late-JP EP3, the only weapons in the game were "Old-Type Weapons," which operated off a different Weapon Enhancement system (basically, the current Unit Enhancement system--downgrade chance included--and you had to get a single weapon to effectively +30 in order to max it out). However, SEGA started adding "New-Type" weapons into the game, which not only used the current Enhancement system, but were typically stronger then OT weapons. After a while, NT weapons became the norm, and OT weapons started to become exceedingly rare.

• Although a few OT weapons did manage to slip through the cracks into Global (with a "-C" at the end of their names), the vast majority of weapons in Global are NT, and the system for enhancing OTs was removed.

Meanwhile, Global-Exclusive Things Include...

• The Triggers available in the Rising Weapon Badge shops. Many of those triggers are only available on JP through the Treasure Shop, or in a lot of cases, like "The Face of the Abyss," are completely unavailable as a trigger.

• The early Global Super Hard scaling. Possibly to account for Global having NT weapons for EP1 and 2 content, Global slightly buffed the Levels of a few SH UQ bosses back last summer. However, due to how HP scaling works, these bosses ended up being extremely bulky--with one of the most notable examples being SH Dark Falz Luther having thrice the amount of HP that his XH version possesses.

• Less Titles and Reduced Title Requirements for Chronos Eternistones, Key Rivalate, etc. The vast majority of OT weapons gave a unique title for getting that specific weapon to +10. Since Global doesn't have OT weapons, these titles were therefore unobtainable by-design and removed from the game. However, Titles that were earned by collecting a number of other Titles also had their requirements significantly reduced to compensate.

• For example, the Title that gives a free Chronos Eternistone requires 600 Titles on Global, and 1,100 Titles on JP.

• The Valve Collaboration. Didn't really mention any JP-exclusive cosmetics since, frankly, there's a lot of them, and I think most of us get the point already, lol. However, the Valve Collaboration items that came out with the Steam release of Global are still Global-exclusive.

• Additionally, although they are no longer exclusive to Global, the Sonic and Tails Pack cosmetics, as well as the Roller Diner and Uncle Sam Suit, debuted on Global (The Independence Day items were added to a JP scratch around the beginning of the year, with the Sonic and Tails cosmetics being Scratch Bonuses iirc).

@NackDN said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

I think the topic was asking for New Genesis differences?

@Pariah-Chan said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

So far there has been 5 Oracle Renew packs for JP, that Global has had no confirmation of it ever releasing here. Shame too, since most of it is NGS compatible versions of old suits, maybe they’ll just add those to Global scratches instead?

If you mean for instance combining Oracle Renew 1 with Soldier Line... that would be wretched. It would lower the chances of getting new items, emotes and motions. Global suffered enough with smashing together multiple SG scratches, we really don't need that happening with AC scratches too.

I'd still like to see them held back for a while so Global can get a scratch when JP do a collaboration that can't (read: can't. Obviously I'd like them to try!) be licensed on Global. If this does happen, then their use would be an NGS difference in and of itself, partly because of the timing of their release and partly because they were available through OG PSO2 on JP and would be through PSO2:NGS on Global.

Next, the dreaded height restriction. Global players have already discovered the Benchmark has the restrictions still in place, so it looks like it’s here to stay.

It was first found in the CBT. That may have been a limitation of an old client (heck knows other parts of the character creation / salon menus changed for the better) but with it having been present in the Benchmark's character creation menus too it seems unlikely they'll fix it now.

GMs if you're still giving feedback on this one my feedback is unchanged; the limited minimum height on Global is already so short that any limitation at all compared to JP NGS may as well not exist, so all it's accomplishing is to annoy many Global players and make some of the rest feel like they're playing on a second-class service. If this could still be reverted as a last-minute change many players would appreciate it and almost nobody else would ever care.

Feel free to add to the list over time! ❤

There's some concern that textures on Global - at least those used in the Benchmark - are worse than those on JP.

If 2FA, PSO2es and IDOLA linkage will continue to work on JP for New Genesis, the legacy lack of 150 cross-character storage spaces and up to 4800 SG of income per year will remain as an NGS Global difference and that one should seriously be dealt with because activities like SG Scratch will be balanced against the income available to JP.

@Miraglyth said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

I think the topic was asking for New Genesis differences?

Ah, whoops, missed that. My bad.

EDIT: Aside from holdovers from PSO2 classic, such as the height limitation and missing scratches--we don't really know about any explicit differences between Global and JP (aside from the general "some collabs will be JP-only, and some will be Global-only").

It also seems likely that the Oracle Collection scratch items on JP will be a part of Global's NGS economy instead of PSO2 classic's. However, we still don't know when or how Global will receive them.

I feel like if the issue with the height restrictions is that the height represents cm height, and some countries have issues with shorter characters in some of the outfits, they could've just...changed the "displayed" numbers? Like, i cant imagine people taking a ruler to the game to determine character heights. So couldn't they just make it so that our minimum height is the same as JPs, but the DISPLAYED measurement is higher than it actually is? Like, the character can go down to 140 cm tall, but the game is saying its 150.

@NackDN said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

• Old-Type Weapons. Prior to late-JP EP3, the only weapons in the game were "Old-Type Weapons," which operated off a different Weapon Enhancement system (basically, the current Unit Enhancement system--downgrade chance included--and you had to get a single weapon to effectively +30 in order to max it out). However, SEGA started adding "New-Type" weapons into the game, which not only used the current Enhancement system, but were typically stronger then OT weapons. After a while, NT weapons became the norm, and OT weapons started to become exceedingly rare.

Its more like +40 as OTs capped at +10 & when unlocking the Potential it'd drop to 0 grinds, so +30 for Lv. 3 Pot then another 10 to max the damage.

• The Triggers available in the Rising Weapon Badge shops. Many of those triggers are only available on JP through the Treasure Shop, or in a lot of cases, like "The Face of the Abyss," are completely unavailable as a trigger.

Black Fellwyrm is unavailable too I believe

• Less Titles and Reduced Title Requirements for Chronos Eternistones, Key Rivalate, etc. The vast majority of OT weapons gave a unique title for getting that specific weapon to +10. Since Global doesn't have OT weapons, these titles were therefore unobtainable by-design and removed from the game. However, Titles that were earned by collecting a number of other Titles also had their requirements significantly reduced to compensate.

Also with the vastly reduced weapons, the Weapon Compendium 7*~12* count was reduced for Global as well. Since JP had to collect 15 ★7~9s & 50 ★10~12s for all classes with exception to Hunter/Fighter which needed 70 ★10~12s & Braver/Bouncer only needing 30 ★10~12

the Rising Weapon Badge 5 & Unique badge shops.

the 14*s in Rising 5 are from JP' s Conqueror's, King's & Hero's Crest exchanges, while Unique weapon badge's Ares Series & 15*s are in JP Hero's (Ares) & Sage Crest (15*s), I'll note However the Ares Harmonizer in JP's Hero's Crest exchange is +35.

Additionally JP player can Exchange Sage Crests for a Chronos (x600), Amph Stone (x900) & Riv key (x900) only 1 though.

Playstaion & Switch

Much like how Global Got Valve Collab items via (we'll say login system), JP Switch players could earn Titles for Breath of The Wild items such as (Link's outfit M/F, their hair, 2 Hyrule Shield Accessories & a Master Sword Camo) by the same requirements as valve titles. For Playstation Users Kuro & Toro (JP Sony Mascots) appear in the shopping area by the central water fountain (item shop/costume side) partner card titles (6) & a Mag Device of them are earned via friendship.

Meanwhile, Global-Exclusive Things Include...

It should be noted that the *Charleville1766 & *Turkey Leg are Global exclusive camos.

Astracite Exchange

Orochi Agito - JP's is a 12*OT & 14*NT, the reason Global's is 12* is the 14* hadn't released via pso2es when Global Launched.

Twin Orochi - The same as Orochi Agito

Elder Rifle - JP's is a 10*OT, no NT version. so 12*one Global has is exclusive

Dalz Varley - JP's is a 11*OT, no NT version.

Psycho Wand - much like the above weapons JP's is OT though it is 12*, so that's exclusive in that sense

Gal Wind - Same as the Psycho Wand

EX-Cube Shop

Vraolet & Nyoibo - these aren't in JP's Excube Shop nor are they NT

EXP Weapon Mini - not in JP's Excube or Photon Booster Exchange

Photon Booster Exchange

11* weapons & *Two-Headed Ragnus / above camos - Aren't in JP, there are 11* units though & a few different Camos

Collection Files

Global has a hellova a lot more & all permanent + super easy to clear. For JP, only Seasonal Files were easy while Permanent ones were a grind I compiled all of JP's Collection Files last month, so you're welcome to look through, though for % per run you'll have to check Swiki. <- Link to JP Collection File Page (% varies by Collection). It should be noted there are CF Boosting Items on JP to further note the grind.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at this late of night. I realize this is between NGS JP/Global, but I already typed all this in response. Sorry, not sorry about this Pariah-Chan. 😞

On the Note of NGS though, JP players can't bring their OTs in. So at least in that regard the weapons allowed in are consistent.

@Church10129 said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

Playstaion & Switch

Much like how Global Got Valve Collab items via (we'll say login system), JP Switch players could earn Titles for Breath of The Wild items such as (Link's outfit M/F, their hair, 2 Hyrule Shield Accessories & a Master Sword Camo) by the same requirements as valve titles. For Playstation Users Kuro & Toro (JP Sony Mascots) appear in the shopping area by the central water fountain (item shop/costume side) partner card titles (6) & a Mag Device of them are earned via friendship.

Just expanding on this, Kuro and Toro are permanently in the lobby area with repeatable COs and only shows up when you log in on PS devices - PS4 and R.I.P. PS Vita

NGS recently announced collab with zutomayo http://pso2.jp/players/news/27909/ and collab site https://noborder2021.com/ not sure what will all be in game other than the collab music track yet. Haven't heard anything about the collab on global side though if it is just music, it will probably make it over also.

Just thought I'd elaborate on this point. In the current version of PSO2, if you load a character preset below 150cm, the character will load but you won't be allowed to proceed to the customization menu with it. In the benchmark, the preset will not even load if it detects it's below 150cm.

Honestly I'm probably just going to move over to JP if that doesn't change. I've nothing to lose now if I switch, since I just want to use NGS appearances.

People always talk about moving to JP when they can’t get their way but never do. You guys never give up about this height restriction thing. Always trying to rally the community when the community really doesn’t care. At this point I am glad you guys want it so bad because I chuckle every time I see you guys crying on the forums about it. Now that you guys know that I laugh at this so hard knowing you never get it I also know it will irritate you knowing that I do every time I respond to these failed attempts.

@RainGnyu said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

People always talk about moving to JP when they can’t get their way but never do.

Do you have any data to back that claim up, or is that a wildly imaginative guess on your part?

Height restriction was going to stay likely because Sega would want to avoid any legal action in places that are a lot more...restrictive. The choice is more of a legal one than anything to do with morals. Anyway, The scratches will likely come at some point for global. Just not at the same time frame. It's not like collabs we missed out on where they would have liscencing issues.

The only other difference i'm aware of is potential graphical ones. Since it appears that the global side only has "high" for textures instead of the "highest" setting that JP has.

@RainGnyu said in Differences between NGS Global and JP:

People always talk about moving to JP when they can’t get their way but never do.

Source or are you just stirring the pot again?

You guys never give up about this height restriction thing. Always trying to rally the community when the community really doesn’t care.

Plenty of people do care. People still talking about it after a year kind of proves that.

At this point I am glad you guys want it so bad because I chuckle every time I see you guys crying on the forums about it. Now that you guys know that I laugh at this so hard knowing you never get it I also know it will irritate you knowing that I do every time I respond to these failed attempts.

Guess I should start laughing at how you failed to understand a lot of basic topics that have been talked about in the past. Or how you thought you got scammed for buying a 400% rare drop booster. Or how you whinged about not getting a specific weapon camo that you farmed ages for. Begging Sega to give it out or other players to sell it for cheaper. etc

You're a poor forum troll that has somehow managed to evade being banned and frankly that's disheartening. If you have nothing constructive to say about the topics maybe shut up and don't say anything.

@The-Merfox ah thanks for explaining. I quit pso2 awhile back over this height issue and mostly just wanted to know if I should try ngs or not.

They’re said that both versions will have web link events, no idea wat those are tho.

@Pariah-Chan in short they're like mini fan events that run during X time and you have to do X quests or tasks in game to gain npoints and all of this points contribute toa pool of points that if they reach certain amounts we get rewards announced on the web panel