@Miraglyth What now? I'm not trying to convince any "whales" to change their habits at all, I was directing that at mostly you
Rewinding a moment:
@Miraglyth the best advice I'd have for anyone to have a healthy relationship with the system when it comes to AC scratches or RNG loot boxes in general is to never buy into them in hopes of getting 1 particular thing.
How is "the best advice [snip] for anyone" directed at mostly me?
I very much doubt people are rubbing their hands, going "Oooohh boy, I have a 0.6% chance! That's good, I don't know what I'd do if this 1 item had a 0.3% or 0.2% chance! Lets gooooo roll em diiiiice!"
I don't want to diverge from the topic too much but at this point it's necessary for me to talk about sets and compound probability.
0.6666% is 2 in 300 and we've seen it in a couple of recent AC sets like Sakura Splendor, the last remaining temporary AC scratch. Crucially it's the rate of many items that form sets with other items:
In short every scratch has a 296 in 300 chance to get neither of those, which works out to a ~66.85% chance to get neither in the 30 scratches it takes to get the first choice ticket. If those two items are all you want, you have a ~33.15% chance to get at least one, and either you get the other as well or you can spend the choice ticket on it.
If you suddenly throw in another 600 items that were meant to be other scratches, that 2 in 300 becomes 2 in 900 (0.2222%), every scratch has an 896 in 900 chance to get neither of them, yadda yadda, in 30 scratches you suddenly only have a ~12.51% chance to get at least one. Even in 60 scratches there's only a 23.45% chance.
This gets worse the more interference there is, and the more from the original set you wanted. And it gets worse for everyone, whales or no. All of whom can decide with the knowledge that the rates were supposed to be better than Global got with a horrid combination (and just the fact that Global got the short straw yet again) to simply not scratch at all, reducing the supply of unwanted pulls on the market and consequently the variety you want in the first place.
I'm in agreement with Patchouli-Chan here. You can talk about free scratches all you like, but those are SG scratches not the AC ones you want to bloat into being undesirable by smashing Oracle Renew into them. Bloating scratches isn't looking out for anyone. It hurts all players and surely generates the server less money than simply running them at the originally designed size one at a time, which Global will very likely have opportunity to do when JP do a collaboration that can't be licensed globally.
By the way, if you did smash Oracle Renew into Soldier Line to make it not worth doing two AC sets in one move, and repeated that trick four more times to ruin ten AC scratch sets, then JP did an AC scratch collaboration that Global couldn't license, what would you use to fill the gap? Since we'd then have nothing to fill it with. Should Global scratchers just sit on their thumbs for a couple weeks? That'd jack up the prices of whatever was in the scratch before the gap. Awesome.