I see a fatal flaw when UQ schedules get dropped

They already made the announcement that there will be no more scheduled UQs, this is bad enough as is since people won't be able to plan a head for them, but there is another major flaw with this change, there are two different versions of TPD (standard mode and what I call insane mode) both use the exact same in-game notice.

This will make setting up parties for either version difficult since you won't know which one it is until the UQ starts, there is a lot of people who can't do the insane mode (or are avoiding it for a while), so if we have to wait until the last second to set up parties for this, that will drastically increase the risk of getting bad groups when getting stuck with random players.

There is a possible solution to this problem, and that is to merge the two versions into a single listing like what was done for the original PD, so players can choose which one they want to run.

@LazerRay said in I see a fatal flaw when UQ schedules get dropped:

There is a possible solution to this problem, and that is to merge the two versions into a single listing like what was done for the original PD, so players can choose which one they want to run.

Yes. Please. Hatred absolutely cannibalised Abyss and almost nobody is clearing it while a bunch of us are still running every Abyss window and sitting on our thumbs when Hatred repeatedly rolls around.

@Miraglyth honestly is jsut sega going how things used to run back in the day like global got the schedule eqs but that wasn't how it used to be back when the game launch on jp the eqs were mostly random and honestly be glad you guys have accesss to all the triggers for all the content but hatred on the rising badge shop something we on jp dont have that luxury look at the bright side you can and will always be able to run main EQs at anytime

The issue is that there is nothing that tells you which version it is before it is up since there is no difference in the dialog or system messages.

@Weirdo oh yeah the dialogue is the issue yes we have that issue on jp too xD i think it might've been an oversight

@Sumireko-Usagi said in I see a fatal flaw when UQ schedules get dropped:

honestly be glad you guys have accesss to all the triggers for all the content but hatred on the rising badge shop something we on jp dont have that luxury look at the bright side you can and will always be able to run main EQs at anytime

Provided you're willing to wait up to 10 minutes more than the UQ version. And that's not going to get better after NGS launches. I fear Abyss is going to die quickly, UQ and trigger, but making UQs which are clearly more used (and more widely announced by the game!) not be less frequent due to Hatred-only windows most players can't run would help resist that.

I do want to see JP get the badge exchanges for triggers and Summoner sweets, just as I want to see Global get the giant badge exchange for outfits, camos and emotes. That's all part of content parity, a bit of a separate matter.

@Miraglyth said in I see a fatal flaw when UQ schedules get dropped:

I do want to see JP get the badge exchanges for triggers and Summoner sweets, just as I want to see Global get the giant badge exchange for outfits, camos and emotes. That's all part of content parity, a bit of a separate matter.

I want some of the camos on that exchange so badly. Maybe Sega will surprise us by adding it during the June 9th maintenance. They did say that we'll be getting the Treasure Shop (or whatever they're replacing fresh finds with). Maybe other vendors will get some changes too.

I was not aware that JP didn't have the two exchanges you mentioned. I wish I could ask Sega why they choose to add things to one region, but not on the other. Licensing gets in the way sometimes, but that's not a factor in this particular case.

both use the exact same in-game notice.

No they don't, at least not before it starts.

Face of the Abyss is:

ARKS is about to fully mobilize for an assault operation on Mothership Shiva. All ARKS operatives should prepare for deployment immediately.

Twisted with Hatred is:

Commencing an assault operation on Mothership Shiva. All ARKS operatives should prepare for deployment immediately.

There is no good reason to not have a schedule for Emergency Quests.

There IS a good reason to want to change how the schedule works, becuase some days you get nothing but lame ones. Maybe having less scheduled and more random would help.

@TearDrops The text may be different, but the audio announcements are identical, and most of the time I don't see the text when chat is going crazy and I'm going through other menus so I don't notice the top banner a lot.

@TearDrops The text may be different, but the audio announcements are identical, and most of the time I don't see the text when chat is going crazy and I'm going through other menus so I don't notice the top banner a lot.

The audio announcement is slightly different, I just listened to the HTPD that came up. It is only slightly different though, so unless you’re not listening to it, it’s very easy to miss.

Unless UQs no longer drop end game units/weapons or items required to obtain them going forward not having a schedule will only be a bad thing.

It can only ever serve to put anyone who doesn't spend 24/7 in game or monitoring discord at a major disadvantage. Most people can't just drop what they're doing to get on at a moments notice, let alone pay attention enough to that what they want to run is about to start. It's why the ability to know ahead of time that they should make themselves available is a must.

Imagine playing any other MMO where raids (old and new) were only available at random intervals with no warning. Then, once it's done, they may or may not be available again for a day, a week, or more! Doesn't that sound like fun? Sounds like DOA content for most players to me. I'm sure someone over at SEGA thinks that by removing the schedule people will be more inclined to just spend more time in game waiting, when in reality the opposite happens. People simply lose interest as they repeatedly miss windows and spend less time on even trying. We've seen it in other games with things like randomized holiday events.

I always hated the EQ/UQ as core of the game to drop the most powerfull gear/affix at the time, just hope NGS goes in a different way. But back to the topic. My vision for this decision is to force players move to NGS and stay there, maintening scheduled end game EQ/UQ will make old players still goes back to pso2 for it, so in sort of way randomizing can prevent players doing that all the time. My fatal flaw for that, its a early harsh decision(eventually it going to happen anyway), since based on both CBT JP that i played, after seeing players get to lvl 15 with one class in 1 day and with all datamine and showcase stuff, i estimate NGS have 3 weeks worth of content until players with most free time get to lvl 20 with all 6 class. After that is just wait for rare trial to appear or EQ/UQ until new update comes.

Unscheduled UQs/EQs (in-game in CBT they were called Emergency Quests) might be more palatable if we get more than 15 minutes of warning that they'll happen. Maybe as part of the change to eliminate schedules, the notice time could be increased?

Bumping up the notice time would help, 15 minutes is not enough time to get parties formed before UQs start.

My alliance uses a Discord bot that gives a 30 minute notice of an upcoming UQ that I relay in game, and once the in-game notice goes off I'm trying to set up a party and usually have it formed within 5 minutes, sadly it takes the rest of the alliance at least 10 minutes to decide to form the second party, let a lone a third. Also once I get the 30 minute notice, I grab the correct tree buff I need from the AQ and any specific rings needed (Early Riser for AIS based UQs and Atomizer Fanatic for PD).