Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?

Trust me, it'll be better for Global if you get these scratches over in NGS. Prices for some of the hairs and emotes got so inflated over in JP that the out-of-rotation ones now go for 1 billion plus. It'll be much easier to farm for them in a new game with equal footing.

I dont even wanna imagine how bad the inflation would be in base PSO2 global right now. espescially if they tried to jam parts of those scratches together into bloated scratches.

Hmm, the most expensive price I've ever seen on scratch that are in rotation after the inflation is around 100m~ish which is still acceptable enough for me. Even on bloated scratch like rewind.

but F me for expecting that we would get graphic update and scratch before we get NGS. Now I don't know what I want to do with my meseta since every other thing that I might buy is expensive af because it's out-of-rotation...

Though that's probably selfish of me I guess.

@Mayday-Flowers said in Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?:

Trust me, it'll be better for Global if you get these scratches over in NGS. Prices for some of the hairs and emotes got so inflated over in JP that the out-of-rotation ones now go for 1 billion plus. It'll be much easier to farm for them in a new game with equal footing.

I don't see what the issue is with just having the scratch in both games, tbh. PSO2's going to have access to updated char models too, so it doesn't really make sense to have zero N-type scratch outfits for them.

i've seen items sell for up to 200mil on recent scratches. Heck, i SOLD emotes for that price. And that's assuming the item is even available. I'd just advice saving meseta to buy rare weapon camos if they start going down in price (as demand falls, either the prices will go down, or the number available in shops at all will go down).

@Akonyl said in Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?:

I don't see what the issue is with just having the scratch in both games, tbh. PSO2's going to have access to updated char models too, so it doesn't really make sense to have zero N-type scratch outfits for them.

That'd be the ideal solution, but you'd most likely have people lean heavily towards scratching in old PSO2. N-type hairs cost hundreds of millions there = easier and bigger profit = few if any available on the NGS markets. So new NGS players likely wouldn't be able to get them without scratching themselves

I'm of the opinion that all 'NGS' cosmetics should be in NGS only, though, so maybe I'm a little biased in my assessment.

@Mayday-Flowers I think it'll be the opposite actually. People would likely want to scratch in NGS since they could sell it and save those N-meseta for future NGS scratch.

Nobody would want currency that's gonna be (somewhat) obsolete soon.

@Melforne

Maybe. I guess it depends on what the person prioritizes. For me, there are so many emotes available in PSO2 that I'd gravitate towards there, because who knows when or if Sega will revive certain ones in NGS. But new outfits / hairs? Definitely, yeah.

@Mayday-Flowers Some emotes have already been revived in the N-Type scratches (namely the "Rare Drop" emote and the Class Pose emotes). Sega mentioned during one of the earlier Prologue streams that in addition to the rereleases we will have "finger emotes" which can be seen in the first actual New Genesis scratch for global players which will let you use a lobby action and a corresponding hand/finger gesture so that they don't have to go through the effort of redoing all emotes.

I suppose the value of Meseta now heavily depends on whether or not players find it worthwhile to hoard and gather it when N-Meseta starts becoming something we see much more of. I would definitely imagine that as time goes on and less people hop on to the original Phantasy Star Online 2 that we will be seeing potentially the Player Shop crashing in prices when it turns out no one wants to solo Cradle of Darkness to try and get anything resembling the prices up above months from now.

They should also add them to character creation/import. It doesn't make sense to only have the originals available.

@Melforne said in Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?:

Nobody would want currency that's gonna be (somewhat) obsolete soon.

Keep in mind that weapon camos that drop from base PSO2 can only be bought with meseta from base PSO2 meaning that if you want to get an "* Areus M23" you're going to need a s**tton of meseta unless you want to grind the content yourself.

@Melforne

Maybe. I guess it depends on what the person prioritizes. For me, there are so many emotes available in PSO2 that I'd gravitate towards there, because who knows when or if Sega will revive certain ones in NGS. But new outfits / hairs? Definitely, yeah.

No he's quite right. Scratches in PSO2 would be a waste going forward since NGS is the future. PSO2 is pretty much going into maint mode til they probably kill it off in 3-4yrs .

@PhantasyStar369 said in Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?:

Scratches in PSO2 would be a waste going forward since NGS is the future.

Except you're ignoring some factors here, if a player from NGS wants to get a camo from base PSO2 without actually playing it then selling the newest scratch items to get the Meseta for it would be the fastest way to go about it while players with excess meseta in base PSO2 can use it to buy the AC items they want without having to spend their N-Meseta in NGS.

so sega fucked use over one more time. we are not going to be playing the same game as japan. dont be surprised when we dont get content at the same time as well. like this some good looking item and we all know pso2 is a fashion game.

@NIC in place of ngs ones. you dont get the point. what more it be at last 3 month before you can start buy them of the market. so we start off 5 scratches late. same game as jp my ass, why sega hate us this much?