Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?

I know they can't give it to us right now since we don't have graphic update yet, but it would be really shitty if they decide to put them into NGS instead and make us unable to trade those items with old meseta...

What?

We've known from streams that NGS scratches will likely be NGS only when it launches. This isn't exactly new to us.

@Zeke Ah, I'm talking about the one that JP got after graphic update in base pso2. https://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-ngs-jp-ac-scratch-oracle-renew-collection/

I changed the thread title since it's a bit ambiguous.

@Zeke said in Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?:

What?

We've known from streams that NGS scratches will likely be NGS only when it launches. This isn't exactly new to us.

With the graphical update, JP got 2 scratches in base pso2 that can be used in NGS that have working fingers and stuff. We still haven't gotten any news on those scratches at all (probably because we arent getting the graphical update until NGS).

@NIC 5 Scratches.

@AndrlCh said in Are we going to get Renew N-type scratch in base pso2?:

@NIC 5 Scratches.

Wait, they got 5?! Jesus.

honestly, we will probably end up getting them as NGS scratches in NGS..

Even if these were scratches made available in the original Phantasy Star Online 2, I am curious of what the pricing would be for these because I do recall that the first Renew AC Scratch ended up costing quite a lot in the Player Shops.

By the time these come out, however, I would imagine that you wouldn't have the particular issue that Japanese players had in that you can access default costumes from the New Genesis side of things so you can actually utilize the N-Type bodies before you get N-Type costumes.

However, I'm not certain of how Sega will handle these scratches but I would not be surprised if they decided to dump in about five of six scratches at once when the game launches - or if these Renew scratches were completely omitted for the global version initially for something in favor of event rewards or an another attempt at a Mission Pass-like/Fresh Finds shop-like system.

@NIC lol, that would be really suck since I saved up a lot of meseta for them.

Though, Global always get shafted anyway so idk what I was even expecting. We still didn't get those extra rising badge trade either...

We pretty much got all the playable content for PSO2, but we're missing some vendors with items. QoL for newbies we don't have like Rivalate Units being sold from a vendor.

Global got shafted in cosmetics due to lack of time from NGS release and lack of gear catch up this late into the game.

You should honestly expect the items in those scratches in NGS at this point. I guess its not impossible to see them being released in PSO2 base but would seem kinda awkward to ask your huge influx of new players to download the PSO2 part merely so they can even have a chance for gambling for half the available NGS outfits. They wouldn't also be advertised as well being on the PSO2 side.

Well from recent news about NGS tickets being only NGS I really doubt we're getting anything pso2 related. Not unless it's a redone version for NGS models.

@VanillaLucia

I am fine with getting them though other means in game like a mission pass or store of some kind. I'd also be fine with them just being sold to us later. I was hoping they weren't going to drop in the base pool of items because JP's pricings are disgusting for said items.

Of course you should be able to get N-Type scratches in base PSO2, they only said that items which are acquired through the content from either base PSO2 or NGS can't be acquired through the other version. Scratch items are acquired through their premium currency so it wouldn't make any sense for them to limit their accessibility as their goal is to sell as much of them as possible.