Remove Symbol Art from NGS

Can we not have symbol art in NGS, the stamps are perfect. I'm seriously tired of seeing hentai all the time in this game. Don't tell me "Just block it" because I do, every now and than, I go through the symbol art list and spend like 5 minutes blocking the hentai ones.

Than I go to a populated area and what is the first thing that assaults my eyes, Hentai symbol art. Its like roaches you squash one, five more pop up.

I'd just rather have the Stamps in NGS.

You can just turn symbol art off.

@Knocfelna How about instead you just grow up. Sure, they should do that in private, but I run into it so rarely, that from what I can see by your post, your blowing it way out of proportion to how bad it really is. Its not so common that its everywhere. Its maybe once in a blue moon I see it, and usually only on specific blocks. As the other user said, you can literally turn off all SA via the settings options. Twitch streamers do this all the time to avoid the odd chance they will bump into it. Not because its so prevalent that it could kill someone's enjoyment of the game.

Edit: My whole point is removing symbol arts entirely, because some people are offended at the possibility someone will break TOS and make lewd or flat out NSFW symbol art, is childish at best. SA's are a fun way to communicate in game, and shouldn't be removed because of misuse. If anything we should have better means to self moderate in such a way, that there are filter systems for art, and NSFW art has to have a tag on it, so people that don't want to see it, don't have to. Simply telling people not to do it, won't work, making it a bannable offense is bad for business, and outright removal of the SA is just as idiotic.

@Weirdo said in Remove Symbol Art from NGS:

You can just turn symbol art off.

So by your logic, if people are abusing one or more system, they should be removed entirely (Kiss Autochats and Cut-ins goodby with that kind of logic).

If I have I have to blocklist idiots who have extremely spammy autochat cut-ins (I don't turn either system off since I actually use them), then you can sit there and block SAs you don't like, that way the systems can remain in place for people who use them as intended, or you can do what other people have said and turn SAs off entirely (I do that during the concerts with mini-games to help reduce lag).

@LazerRay said in Remove Symbol Art from NGS:

So by your logic, if people are abusing one or more system, they should be removed entirely (Kiss Autochats and Cut-ins goodby with that kind of logic).

If I have I have to blocklist idiots who have extremely spammy autochat cut-ins (I don't turn either system off since I actually use them), then you can sit there and block SAs you don't like, that way the systems can remain in place for people who use them as intended, or you can do what other people have said and turn SAs off entirely (I do that during the concerts with mini-games to help reduce lag).

Cut-ins should honestly have never been added. They take up a chunk of the screen, and I've seen them on more then one occasion during missions. On top of that bots started using cut-ins and stuff with text when they figured it out.

Yeah no I'm not turning symbol art off, I shouldn't have too, It's a fun system to use when your not seeing anime T&A all the time. Also their is some pedophilia type symbol arts with underage characters and that's ok? In any case the stamps of NGS take the place of symbol arts just fine.

@Knocfelna said in Remove Symbol Art from NGS:

In any case the stamps of NGS take the place of symbol arts just fine.

That's your opinion, one not many share.

Also their is some pedophilia type symbol arts with underage characters and that's ok?

You know, you can report SA if you see things like that, you're not some helpless bystander, just to complain because it appeared on your screen. There have been plenty of threads complaining about NSFW SAs & ways of reporting them have been mentioned before, Its just a little search & you can contribute in making them disappear by targeting the ID itself.

@Knocfelna

Now you've got to be just trolling. You want complete removal of SA from the game, but you won't disable them because they are too fun?

@Church10129 said in Remove Symbol Art from NGS:

Also their is some pedophilia type symbol arts with underage characters and that's ok?

You know, you can report SA if you see things like that, you're not some helpless bystander, just to complain because it appeared on your screen. There have been plenty of threads complaining about NSFW SAs & ways of reporting them have been mentioned before, Its just a little search & you can contribute in making them disappear by targeting the ID itself.

The GM's literally do nothing about it or the people that spam them.

It sucks because it's a fun feature that is ruined by a handful of children/man-children that spam that shit.

edit: On one hand, I'd love to see them removed out of my own pettiness, but on the other there are some really good and creative ones out there that AREN'T 12 year old boys with their dick out in drag.

Can we not have symbol art in NGS, the stamps are perfect. I'm seriously tired of seeing hentai all the time in this game.

Yeah no I'm not turning symbol art off, I shouldn't have too, It's a fun system to use when your not seeing anime T&A all the time.

so you want the system removed bu t also don't want, you are contradicting yourself with your post. Also why need to be removed just because some missuse the system? also no the stamps can't substitute the symbol arts because they are pretty limited in what can be used.

I’m all for them removing it despite liking the feature myself. The fact that it’s abused without a single action taken by Sega, literally ever, is absolutely turning people away from the game. Around the “open beta” launch when it was Xbox only there was a fu** ton of racist ones and the feature is turned on by default. I had literally one friend stay on the game for more than a week and nobody else would touch it (it wasn’t just because of that though. It was that, the clunkiness before getting used to things, the information overload starting up, and the need to play with others)

And no, this isn’t “if a few people abuse the system it should be done away with”. It’s the fact that if Sega can’t/won’t enforce their own rules that are there for a reason then it shouldn’t exist. I can’t imagine the response I’d have if someone young in my family got on the game when I wasn’t home and they were bombarded by the garbage

They recently blocked quite a few symbol art id's and made those ones completely unusable. So they aren't doing nothing.

You can't have the cake and eat it, too. Just turn SAs off if they're that annoying. I did it a year ago because people would just spam them nonstop during concerts.