How is the camera?

Just curious from people who played the beta, does the camera distance smoothly adjust now or is it still like the static camera from PSO2?

In NGS the camera did zoom out automatically if you were fighting a larger boss monster.

As someone who hates using the locked camera in PSO2, I found NGS's camera to be much better overall.

That's good to know. Are you able to zoom in and out manually at all or does it just do it automatically in combat? I was never a huge fan of how limited PSO2's camera is either.

There are 3 zooms available which is one more than the 2 in PSO2. Have to switch scroll wheel to change zoom if using mouse and keyboard.

The NGS zoom-out boss camera is a fantastic addition and as someone who just cannot see the visual cues of several current PSO2 boss attacks because they're too big to fit on screen it's a massive improvement.

@Xaelon said in How is the camera?:

In NGS the camera did zoom out automatically if you were fighting a larger boss monster.

I wish it was the default view in all honesty. I don't understand why they don't just give us a FoV slider. I know I can zoom out a bit by pressing the + key, but it never saves, so I have to do this every time I log in and I still can't increase the field of enough to my liking.

It's not only that, but objects fade in and out excellently if they're in the way of your camera. I'm not sure I've experienced a better camera.