What's happening with Personal Shop Ticket? There's no more in fun scratch list!!?????!

@LordCloudStrife said in What's happening with Personal Shop Ticket? There's no more in fun scratch list!!?????!:

@Anarchy-Marine said in What's happening with Personal Shop Ticket? There's no more in fun scratch list!!?????!:

Pay to win implies that to get the best gear for combat, and have the best stats you have to pay. The game currently doesn't use that model, and not once have I had to use one of my shop passes to buy anything. Stop going off of old and outdated information.

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in What's happening with Personal Shop Ticket? There's no more in fun scratch list!!?????!:

@LordCloudStrife said in What's happening with Personal Shop Ticket? There's no more in fun scratch list!!?????!:

@Herald-of-Zenchi said in What's happening with Personal Shop Ticket? There's no more in fun scratch list!!?????!:

There is no pay to win in pso2

I hard disagree. Only good thing that players without premium/cash can buy currency(recycle/swap badge) or stuff from players that spend with cash (except for bonus scratch frequency and things like a 5-8 slot affix/aug protect). I remember the first years of pso2 JP that players with premium are the only ones that can buy 10-11-12* equips from market since for that you need a ticket that only premium users can acquire.

That's not pay to win. Pay to win is extra gear and extra gameplay features impossible to get for free. Like most of Kr games, for example black desert or games like elsword and world of warcraft

Thats just scratch the surface of whats p2w, and yeah, i disagree again and pso2 still p2w, frequency scratch bonus, premium drinks that make a huge difference in dps and leveling and drop rates, 5-8 protect affix/aug (the most hardcore stuff in this game), feature to sell on market now since ticket isn't affordable for f2p. That's not pay to win.

@LordCloudStrife actually this is incorrect every player had to buy what we needed a 10-12 permit pass for 5 excubes whenever we wanted to buy anything on that instance of shopping so it wasn't p2w ever

Actually @Sumireko-Usagi I've found 5 different topics of 10* weapon exchange passes requiring Premium, this is before the 11& 12* passes released. While I know It did end up in the Excube Shop for x5, it was likely before then. As all these topics claim it was through the Recycle Shop.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?216443-Question-about-the-10-Star-Weapon-Pass

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2ctx2v/10_star_weapon_exchange_pass/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/606336-phantasy-star-online-2/66901627

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/2hkx7j/getting_into_rare_10_items/

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?205442-10-star-quot-passes-quot-question

Additionally they all claim the 10* MUST be a drop to exchange for a pass, can't use Pyroxene(Astracite) traded weapons to get a pass.

I did find another topic where someone claimed to buy a 10* w/out Premuim, however it turned out they mistook a 9* for a 10* since it came in Fire element & they had similar models.

I dont think most of these people claiming something is pay to win, even has a remote idea what that even means. Sounds like a bunch of kids that are just pissy they have to pay to have cosmetics in an otherwise free to play game. And even that is if you can't farm the meseta to buy the item in question. I have some of the highest tiered gear you can get, and I didn't spend a single dime to get it. Its not pay to win, and you whom pretend to know so much, need to seriously learn the terminology you are using. You'd be the type of people to pay for an access to a subscription based MMO, and call it free because you can earn everything else through gameplay. That's not free, because you are still paying to play the game.

@LordCloudStrife You also don't have any room to speak here. You said it yourself, you're just fine playing Final Fantasy and have no intention of playing this game. So how about you just leave the forums, and never return. The forums would be easier to enjoy without debby downers such as yourself.

Leaving alone the weakspot drink being a pure example of p2w in this game, we need to ask ourselves if "pay to get stronger faster" is an example of p2w. And let's not forget that no game is either strictly p2w or not p2w. This lies on a spectrum. Let's not forget about some competitive games, where even skins can become p2w due to confusing particle effects or hitboxes that don't match skin's models.

Here the important question is "will it help me snowball the game" If you can pay X amount of money to get power, which will then let you grind more efficiently/deny other people grind in a game with open pvp. I think any possibility to get stronger faster in a game like this is an obvious case of p2w since you can just keep using the advantage you bought to stay ahead of the curve forever.

Then we need to get to a reasonable expectation of effort put vs money spent. Let's bring the famous battlefront 2 debocle about 40 hours grind to unlock some characters. Which I think we MMO players can laugh at people who think that 40h grind to unlock something is a lot. But let's just think at how much getting 8s weapon with gsoul/DO/Phrase decay would have costed before cradle trivialized gsoul and made meseta worthless. Hundreds of millions, if not in the range of a billion meseta... for what, 65% success rate during 15% boost week? I mean, you could have done it at 4s with insurances, but that's over 2 months of resources, or... you could just whale on scratch and get some 8s insrances.

This game definitley isn't the most outragous in terms of its p2w, especially because 99% of the content in the game can be cleared by a blind 5 years old without a mouse, but there definitely are aspects that give you advantage for spending money.

And as for subscription/paid games and p2w. Yes, there is an upfront cost to participate in the game, but at least after paying this cost you are, or at least you were before gameplay affecting microtransactions were added to every other paid game anyway, at a level playing field where the only difference between you and the other players are how much effort you can put into the game and how much rng doesn't fuck you.

@Anarchy-Marine

Or maybe you can ignore me like i do most of time with you when you always fail to try to be smart.

@Anarchy-Marine

Or maybe you can ignore me like i do most of time with you when you always fail to try to be smart.

One of, if not the weakest arguments you have ever presented with that big ego of yours, on these forums. You aren't playing the game, so why do you even care? You're just here to troll.

The kid with his flawed arguments is nervous

@LordCloudStrife This adult has only ever spent a bit on this game for cosmetics. Not once was I stonewalled into paying to progress the story, the leveling system, or to acquire better gear. You sound like a twelve/fourteen year old trying to be edgy online. Its not working for you. The only person "nervous" here, is you. I say that sarcastically because you could care less about the game.

the kid still angry

the kid still angry

Not angry, annoyed. The, I've played games longer and I'm older than everyone here thing, gets old quickly. Unless your over thirty, I'm not a kid to you, and even if you were, you don't act your age, know nothing about how business operate, and know even less about what a free to play model actually is.

Just let it go. The guy is baiting you in an attempt to get you banned. @Anarchy-Marine

He tried that in another thread after he failed to grasp basic economics.

@Zeke said in What's happening with Personal Shop Ticket? There's no more in fun scratch list!!?????!:

Just let it go. The guy is baiting you in an attempt to get you banned. @Anarchy-Marine

He tried that in another thread after he failed to grasp basic economics.

If anyone needs to be permantly banned its him. He's not even interested in playing the game. Said so himself in another thread.