Sega WTF?

@Knight-Raime they could also make it buyable with N-meseta but thats prob not gonna happen

@Brittany_Rose_C you miss the point. most people want to pay for the game be it 1 time or a monthly subscription but do not want to pay for basic game functions.

@samsaralotus said in Sega WTF?:

looks like people miss some core points here. yes its a F2P game it need cash shop , but not to a point its a free 2 try game. as of now you need to pay for premium to even use the in game market. its stupid if you ask me. it make much more people leave the game that stay. then the sega defenders miss the fact sega hate the non japanes players. fact we dont even got the graphic update and 5 scratches related to it. so we start NGS in -5. they can start from this one or from the first one of ngs in jp. but we will be in -5 any ways. some can say it ok as its just costumes,to that i say pso2 is a fashion game onlly then an mmo. this way later on we can start geting "real" content later as well. all in all sega need to say in a more clear way what they want to do.

While the graphics update is not deployed on the Global version it is done for a good reason which is that people will just complain it is broken and needs to be fixed or reverted because when it first released in JP it was not a pleasant time ranging from audio bugs to full on game crashes. As for the Oracle Renew collection they probably are using them to fill time where there is a JP exclusive collab or was held off to prevent the current inflation from making them unaffordable since some of those items were present in the NGS CBT.

@Brittany_Rose_C you miss the point. most people want to pay for the game be it 1 time or a monthly subscription but do not want to pay for basic game functions.

Premium is basically monthly subscription. It's the pretty much the price of monthly subscription of most other subscription-based MMOs. What is the problem then?

@Misuran

How many successful subscription MMOs also have gacha elements as the primary money maker in their cash shop?

Hint: you can count them on one hand. And the ones that do are RL wealth simulators you really don't want to play. Black Desert comes to mind.

@Misuran that its more that ff14 or wow and is just 1 thing to pay for. if you can get all the costumes by playing (most at last) then there be no problem. but most people do not want to pay for things that need to be free in the first place.

@Mayday-Flowers non what so ever. ff14 and wow do not got gacha.

I think Elder Scrolls Online have a premium subscription and a loot box option (optional but it is there). Archeage if you wanted to include that but that in general is a dying game. There's some other more older more archaic games you can probably pull out that are still in service but they aren't the most popular and kinda niche in general.

But let's just see once NGS goes live and see if they provide something for us f2p players.

@Mayday-Flowers non what so ever. ff14 and wow do not got gacha.

Random loot can be considered gacha depending how how you see the definition.

@Yuria said in Sega WTF?:

I think Elder Scrolls Online have a premium subscription and a loot box option (optional but it is there). Archeage if you wanted to include that but that in general is a dying game. There's some other more older more archaic games you can probably pull out that are still in service but they aren't the most popular and kinda niche in general.

But let's just see once NGS goes live and see if they provide something for us f2p players.

You can't use ESO in any arguments here, because it's not running on a free to play platform. You have to pay money to even access the game, which is actually why people don't like the loot crate system it has, or the premium service. If it was free to play, then there would be zero arguments to be had against ESO, but it isn't, so it doesn't apply here. Same goes to anyone else here arguing about subscription based MMO's, the point is moot because it doesn't run on a FTP platform. You need to use other FTP MMO's as other examples here.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Sega WTF?:

@Yuria said in Sega WTF?:

You can't use ESO in any arguments here, because it's not running on a free to play platform. You have to pay money to even access the game, which is actually why people don't like the loot crate system it has, or the premium service. If it was free to play, then there would be zero arguments to be had against ESO, but it isn't, so it doesn't apply here. Same goes to anyone else here arguing about subscription based MMO's, the point is moot because it doesn't run on a FTP platform. You need to use other FTP MMO's as other examples here.

Then fine let me correct myself and not include Elder Scrolls Online. What of the other game I listed Archeage that is a 'FTP' MMO. I can toss in a couple more most if not all games under Nexon- Mabinogi, Maplestory, Vindictus do have a subscription service and a gacha mechanic.

My point is that they do still exist out there in the eco-space and while they are clearly sustainable the company rightfully gets a lot of flak for it. My only hope is that Sega does not follow them and make their monetary system even more egregious for the player-base. The last thing we need to do is cripple the f2p even more. But for now I'll just sit on the sidelines and see what happens on the 9th.

While I almost positively sure they'll give f2p access to the shop. It might not be as 'easy' as before but there's no point in speculating atm 6/9 here we come.

Hopefully there will be a way to get shop passes in NGS. Not really liking the idea of a small cabal of premium players dictating prices for everyone. XD

@Pariah-Chan wont it be like that anyway

It will be if there’s no passes available, just look at our current pso2 market for example. XD

its only this bad cuz of ngs imo