June 9th Inbound. Any last minute tips for the players waiting for NGS to finish up in Base PSO2?

Pretty much the title. This is a question asked not so much about preparing Units or weapons for New Genesis and rather more directed at campaigns or news related to items/currencies disappearing. Preparing account syncs for steam users or just general information about the game's size, end of maintenance for the game's time to go live once we have that information.

Edit: June 9th 3am CST is the maintenance end (Before delays)

Well the only campaign going on right now is the Road to NGS for NGS accessories and one emote. That requires you to do 7 urgent quests every 2 weeks for all rewards. Since the first 2 weeks are done the first set of rewards are impossible to get now.

To touch on the weapons and units if you're starting NOW then I would just ignore that prep. Unless you play almost 24/7 it's impossible to get the end game stuff in such a short amount of time. Know you specified you weren't asking for that info, but I'm sure someone will find that useful.

Yep, thanks @Zeke . Even myself, I just prepared the generic Unique weapon badge 15 star wep. and some cheap stuff off the mb for the other tiers. Have a decent set of 11 star units. So that provides me with a ready to go 1-4 star wep and 2 star unit for NGS which will give me a bit of a jump start on being able to save up some nmeseta and grinders for good 4 star NGS Wep/Units.

@FoolsArcana said in June 9th Inbound. Any last minute tips for the players waiting for NGS to finish up in Base PSO2?:

Yep, thanks @Zeke . Even myself, I just prepared the generic Unique weapon badge 15 star wep. and some cheap stuff off the mb for the other tiers. Have a decent set of 11 star units. So that provides me with a ready to go 1-4 star wep and 2 star unit for NGS which will give me a bit of a jump start on being able to save up some nmeseta and grinders for good 4 star NGS Wep/Units.

If you got rainbow tickets then use those to get 13 star units with okay affixes. Could help you as well. The game gave us a bunch before NGS. Be sure to be level 80 main class before using them though.

The daily log in SG bonus should be starting after this week's maint/reset (see end of page): https://pso2.com/news/announcements/r2ngs0512

There's also the SG bonus for each class you get lv100. I can't find the announcement so I don't know if the qualification time ends with this maint/reset or at NGS launch.

Just to second what Zeke said about weapons and units, if you don't already have them, don't worry about them.

Gear transferred from PSO2 will, at most, be convenient for leveling during early/mid game. It'll give those of us who have it a nice start, but that's about it.

With the Rainbow tickets they handed out. Like Zeke said, they gave some decent 13 star units. But they also gave 100 Unique Weapon Badge 5's per completion. Even the people who hadn't started on the path to the end game gear can pick up some half decent 15 star weps from the badge swap shop and grind 'em to 30 fairly easily. I could respect players who want to begin the game fresh, but since I spend half of my day at work, and half of my time not at work sleeping, I figured i'ld do myself a favor and make sure I've got gear to get me through leveling. I'll find me a nice NGS wep and units once that gear falls off. (Which I suspect to see happening sometime after level 15. but this is pure speculation)

I've heard Personal Shop Tickets are being removed from the FUN Scratch.

@sonic65101 Yeah Sega hasn't explained how F2P players get personal shop time in NGS. Their silence on it is making me nervous.

I'm going to be more than a little angry if they've locked shop access behind the premium set.

I would think if someone had to choose to prep between weapons and units that units would be the way to go since properly affixed units won't likely be replaced for several months. Where as weapons might since the difference between the two is mainly how some affixes carry over. At least this is what I was told by a friend who's been meta affixing and following JP advice for the past few months now.

Only advice I could maybe give would be to prep your storage/inventory space since those are shared across both games. I myself am thinking of shoving everything I don't plan on keeping or using semi often in my extended storage. Alliance storage might be an option but that's limited to tradable/sellable items.

@Knight-Raime said in June 9th Inbound. Any last minute tips for the players waiting for NGS to finish up in Base PSO2?:

I would think if someone had to choose to prep between weapons and units that units would be the way to go since properly affixed units won't likely be replaced for several months. Where as weapons might since the difference between the two is mainly how some affixes carry over. At least this is what I was told by a friend who's been meta affixing and following JP advice for the past few months now.

Only advice I could maybe give would be to prep your storage/inventory space since those are shared across both games. I myself am thinking of shoving everything I don't plan on keeping or using semi often in my extended storage. Alliance storage might be an option but that's limited to tradable/sellable items.

There's been a bit of back-and-forth about prepping in another thread here... (includes a link to the augment translation table)

NGS won't have alliance storage; JP beta players did have access to all their other PSO2 storage (which apparently was treated separately), though all that would really be relevant in NGS would be weapons/units/fashion...

@PrsnOfDsntrst

Far as alliance goes I just meant for space that you can dump stuff to have room for your premium, character, and default. Not shoving stuff into alliance in hopes of having access goes.

I actually did this last night. I cleaned up a lot of the random stuff I had scattered about my inventory and made lots of space in my storage. Then I enjoyed Black Nyack for a few hours with a random group of people who were playing it. (The dealer makes very bad calls often when you start having high hands. It's silly and quite hilarious.)

@FoolsArcana

I'm probably doing that tonight or tomorrow. Depending how tired I am after work today.

@FoolsArcana @Knight-Raime LOL the cleanup never ends, does it; I keep finding little "treasures" from past cradle runs, then there's all the crafting & gathering mats, and all the stuff that isn't tradeable.... >.<