Its Offical NGS Release 9th June

Looks like we might be getting maintenance earlier to accommodate this, if I’m reading this correctly

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Its Offical NGS Release 9th June:

Looks like we might be getting maintenance earlier to accommodate this, if I’m reading this correctly

Seems kind of strange. We'll need maintenance to launch it anyway, so are we going to get two maintenance next week? 🤔

@Miraglyth said in Its Offical NGS Release 9th June:

Seems kind of strange. We'll need maintenance to launch it anyway, so are we going to get two maintenance next week? 🤔

Not sure, if I had to guess the servers might be down for a day or two, so they can implement everything they need to.

14 hour plus delayed maintenance lets go! 😊

Unlikely. It will probably be around the regular time, except starting earlier perhaps?

Remember, by the time our regular maintenance finishes, it's well into Wednesday in Japan.

@MarshalTobias32 said in Its Offical NGS Release 9th June:

14 hour plus delayed maintenance lets go! 😊

Lol Ore than likely

Not sure, if I had to guess the servers might be down for a day or two, so they can implement everything they need to.

That'd explain why they couldn't fit in seven days of the 30 SG campaign which the notice somewhat alludes to. Bit of a kicker for people looking to complete campaigns that end around that time like the SAO stuff.

@Ilúvatar said in Its Offical NGS Release 9th June:

Unlikely. It will probably be around the regular time, except starting earlier perhaps?

They said it's one or two days earlier. Sure you could wrangle that down to one day earlier if you selectively apply timezones but that doesn't account for it moving by that much.

That'd explain why they couldn't fit in seven days of the 30 SG campaign which the notice somewhat alludes to. Bit of a kicker for people looking to complete campaigns that end around that time like the SAO stuff.

Yeah if that ends up being the case, hopefully they can extended all the campaigns by an extra day or two so people don’t get caught out.

It is just as I have been saying ever since the beta. When people asked about the release date during the beta I always answered June 9th.

From JP announcement.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/27904/

サービス開始にともない、6月9日(水)の定期メンテナンスは、1~2日ほど前から開始する長時間メンテナンスとなる予定です。詳細は後日あらためてお知らせさせていただきます。

For the launch, the scheduled maintenance of June 9th is going to be a long maintenance, starting from one or two days earlier. More information will be announced at a later date.

So, it seems that the launch maintenance is going to span from June 8th to June 9th, or from 7th to 9th. Excited 😃

EDIT: After I'd posted this post, I noticed that their estimation of one or two days longer was for the JP server. But usually, the global regular maintenance is shorter than the JP maintenance. Maybe global will have some shorter schedule for this mega maintenance too. Let us wait for the global details.

Bout time.

well the time has come and for what I can understand we can expect up to 48 hours maintenance.

@Fiona-Respha said in Its Offical NGS Release 9th June:

But usually, the global regular maintenance is shorter than the JP maintenance. Maybe global will have some shorter schedule for this mega maintenance too. Let us wait for the global details.

I guess it depends if the likely-accompanying graphics update will have any effect on the duration.

Meanwhile, I had some fun with the announcement over on Twitter.