Think we get some info for next week today?

Or since it’s a holiday probably not til Tuesday/Wednesday?

Since I'm expecting the outstanding four permanent scratches to land this week, it would make sense to introduce at least one or two of those today. If so the announcements and tweet will probably go out a little under an hour from now.

At this point I expect NGS to release without any more announcements beyond a single "The game is playable now" post on the day of release. I am, of course, being overly cynical due to Sega's lack of recent information.

Most of the rumors point to June 9th as the release date for NGS. If that date is correct and Sega is smart, I would realistically expect them to announce the date officially this Wednesday since that's exactly one week away from the 9th.

It it doesn't release on June 9th, the next likely time for them to release information is during E3 which is in the middle of June.

@Xaelon said in Think we get some info for next week today?:

At this point I expect NGS to release without any more announcements beyond a single "The game is playable now" post on the day of release. I am, of course, being overly cynical due to Sega's lack of recent information.

Since the JP version is releasing on the same day and the JP side is usually not as bad as the EN side when it comes to information, I think at worst we could get the date a few days before the release.

We will know for sure depending on if we get SG for logging in on Wednesday since they will give 30 SG everyday for logging in the week leading up to the release of NGS.

@Weirdo said in Think we get some info for next week today?:

We will know for sure depending on if we get SG for logging in on Wednesday since they will give 30 SG everyday for logging in the week leading up to the release of NGS.

This is a genius backup plan in the worst case scenario of lacking any information whatsoever! (though I suspect some info will be posted)

@Miraglyth said in Think we get some info for next week today?:

Since I'm expecting the outstanding four permanent scratches to land this week, it would make sense to introduce at least one or two of those today. If so the announcements and tweet will probably go out a little under an hour from now.

Well... this isn't reassuring. Are we really not going to get all of the remaining permanent scratches this week? Or is there actually a chance Global won't get Rewind: SG Collection at all? 😱

@Ezodagrom said in Think we get some info for next week today?:

Since the JP version is releasing on the same day and the JP side is usually not as bad as the EN side when it comes to information, I think at worst we could get the date a few days before the release.

Yep, at least this time around JP and EN are releasing simultaneously. So Sega doesn't have the option to ignore global. When JP gets the game, so do we.

Ah, they'll still ignore us, just GL players will do the work for them (Thank you in advance, BTW!).

We will get the date 7 days before release since there is a login event for SG set for the 7 days before release.

What about graphic update engine + all the oracle renew collection ?

@Naomao Odds are Global isn't going to get the Graphics Engine Update separate from the NGS release at this point; this close to release, it makes more sense just to do one big update instead of two.

Also since they said a spring release it leaves June 9th as the last valid date since summer starts June 20th and the 16th isn't in line with their every other week update schedule.

@Weirdo Fiscally, Spring/Q2 doesn't end until June 30th, so even up to that date it counts as "Spring" for the sake of investors (ie. the people SEGA actually care about when it comes to deadlines). Though, I don't anticipate it being pushed that far out unless something catastrophic happens.

@Naomao said in this thread:

What about graphic update engine?

Just to echo what AndrlCh said the GFX update ended up being a nasty buggy mess on JP. So they probably want to try and fix as many problems as they can before releasing the update over here. Which likely means we'll get it with the release of NGS.