Destruction of the base PSO2

Hello dear Arks members. I know PSO2: NGS is just around the corner and it doesn't matter what happens to PSO2, but I would like to draw your attention to something. We all know that the quest "cradle of darkness" caused prices in the fashion market to explode, a hyper inflation. You don't care how expensive the fashion is now, but I would like to draw your attention to new players and / or returners that due to this hyper inflation, these players will quickly lose interest in the base game if they see these prices.

These players will probably think to themselves: "WTF how am I supposed to get so much Meseta together, no thanks, I'd rather play something else. If the prices here are already so high, what will the new game be like?" Of course, the prices for NGS will initially be in the "still" affordable price segment, but this will also change very quickly.

@HoDKenji

Some of us said the same thing when Cradle first dropped, and especially when the grinder method started spreading like wildfire through the community, and that something needed to be done quickly. Sadly sega never took any action, and even if they did decide to now, which is highly unlikely it’s far to late.

SEGA do nothing against it, cause..."oh you want that? you don´t have the meseta? cash for it xD"

I do have to wonder if they really expect people to actually try and scratch for old fashion that they want, surely they don't expect people to try and scratch 500-item roulettes... right?

Once NGS is out, nobody is going to be scratching it for the sake of trying to sell stuff, they'd be doing it on NGS instead. The perm scratches will essentially be useless, as there's absolutely no way I'm paying for the guaranteed tickets -- they're not cheap.

@Matt said in Destruction of the base PSO2:

I do have to wonder if they really expect people to actually try and scratch for old fashion that they want, surely they don't expect people to try and scratch 500-item roulettes... right?

Once NGS is out, nobody is going to be scratching it for the sake of trying to sell stuff, they'd be doing it on NGS instead. The perm scratches will essentially be useless, as there's absolutely no way I'm paying for the guaranteed tickets -- they're not cheap.

Yeah I can’t imagine too many scratching to sell, and probably only a few people that will be willing to scratch for the choice pull. Which means the only items that will be up for sale will be the unwanted items from those people, and will likely cost an insane amount of mesta. If theirs anything you’re interested in, I’d be buying as soon as possible.

Even at an inflated cost a lot of what you could want from AC items are going to still be affordable. What will hurt the most to buy will be emotes since those carry over into NGS just fine, And non available AC variants. Weapon camos potentially dpending on where they come from. But for the most part if you're just looking for an outfit, BA, and inner of a set if it's featured in a perma scratch it should be affordable.

Far as NGS goes I don't foresee a similar problem happening. We don't have any instance based farms in NGS currently. And all fashion baring weapon camos are consumables. So you can't just flip something on the market after you're bored with it. This isn't to say we can't ever run into inflation on NGS. But I would think Sega is going to make active efforts to avoid that. NGS is about rebooting PSO2 afterall.

@Knight-Raime said in Destruction of the base PSO2:

Even at an inflated cost a lot of what you could want from AC items are going to still be affordable. What will hurt the most to buy will be emotes since those carry over into NGS just fine, And non available AC variants. Weapon camos potentially dpending on where they come from. But for the most part if you're just looking for an outfit, BA, and inner of a set if it's featured in a perma scratch it should be affordable.

Far as NGS goes I don't foresee a similar problem happening. We don't have any instance based farms in NGS currently. And all fashion baring weapon camos are consumables. So you can't just flip something on the market after you're bored with it. This isn't to say we can't ever run into inflation on NGS. But I would think Sega is going to make active efforts to avoid that. NGS is about rebooting PSO2 afterall.

A lot of the popular basewear’s, innerwear’s, outerwears etc are already 100 mil +, with some being over 200mil and that’s all stuff that’s in the current permanent scratches. It’s likely to only go higher with less people scratching has well once ngs hits. I don’t know what you class has affordable but that’s already pretty high for a lot of players

@TEN-SQUARE-3

I think up to 100 mill is in the affordable section especially if you're someone who runs divides because you can turn your modules into Meseta on the market.

I've noticed things like Mod coat and trench coat shot up in price since people are buying for keeps on those but I haven't payed much attention to Ba/Inner.

@Knight-Raime said in Destruction of the base PSO2:

@TEN-SQUARE-3

I think up to 100 mill is in the affordable section especially if you're someone who runs divides because you can turn your modules into Meseta on the market.

I've noticed things like Mod coat and trench coat shot up in price since people are buying for keeps on those but I haven't payed much attention to Ba/Inner.

Stuff like marine ensemble and beach flame which are Matoi’s and Hitsugi’s swimwaer and that smart innerwear where the last time I checked all over 200mil, on ship 1 anyway. I do think outwards and outfits tend to be slightly cheaper has they aren’t ticket items that become account bound.

@Knight-Raime which new/returner runs divide for 100mill? PSO2 isn´t beginner friendly and if you watch (ship2) for divide quests lvl1-6.....there is no group for it.

@HoDKenji said in Destruction of the base PSO2:

These players will probably think to themselves: "WTF how am I supposed to get so much Meseta together, no thanks, I'd rather play something else. If the prices here are already so high, what will the new game be like?"

I fully expect new players to give up on buying PSO2 accessories/camos/emotes or turn to RMT to be able to afford them. Sega needs to offer "Rewind" AC scratches for these types of cosmetics so people pay them instead of the RMTs. It would encourage people buy AC which is more money for Sega as well as allowing people to earn tickets to pick whatever item they want. It would also provide a new source for these items which would eventually lower the price of such things.

Of course, the prices for NGS will initially be in the "still" affordable price segment, but this will also change very quickly.

I wouldn't worry about prices changing super fast in NGS because of what happened in PSO2. Nothing obtained in PSO2 can be sold on NGS in any form. NGS also runs on nMeseta, which means everything starts fresh. Can you elaborate on why you think NGS prices will "change very quickly" if nothing from PSO2 can be sold in NGS?

@TEN-SQUARE-3

I don't think global has smart inner does it?

And yeah 200mill is definitely pricy.

@HoDKenji

If you're talking about brand spanking new players you couldn't afford things even before inflation when pricing for things was between 30-60mill.

You'd be running divides and cradles.

@Knight-Raime Aside Hitsugi/Matoi/Hariet beach wear that is 200m+ on ship 1, there's only 1 type of similar to smart innerwear that cost 200m, there's like 4 other similar in the permanent scratch, but way cheaper

@Knight-Raime One of the inners in Heroines is Smart Inner with some body paint added.

Having this 20% boost period without the Zero Cost Meseta event would have taken some out of the economy. And to be fair prices on things seen from new players perspective has always seemed high at first.

High AC prices could also be a benefit for new players who just want to get some quick meseta and who arent able farm good stuff or know what/how value certain things yet. So I dont think it punishes new players...