Is it harder for new people than the old? What they missed compared to what they get?

Even if there is guidelines video and helpful people left, is it harder for the new community compared than the old. The reason I am saying this is because there still items cosmetics item left on the market to make your character unique. But soon as NGS comes out these prices are going to skyrocket to a point is it really worth the effort.

Depends if such items are still even bought when NGS releases. No one really knows how the market of pso2 will go once NGS hits.

All the people I know are switching to NGS models and damned be the previous cosmetics then owned.

Thanks to cradle printing money, prices have already gone sky high.

Personally I think it will be the opposite in the long run. I believe most players will switch to NGS once it launches. Which means the number of potential buyers for PSO2 cosmetics will drop sharply. With no demand, everything gets cheaper.

@Xaelon said in Is it harder for new people than the old? What they missed compared to what they get?:

Thanks to cradle printing money, prices have already gone sky high.

Personally I think it will be the opposite in the long run. I believe most players will switch to NGS once it launches. Which means the number of potential buyers for PSO2 cosmetics will drop sharply. With no demand, everything gets cheaper.

Emotes and weapon cosmetics being the exception. They can still be used with the NGS models.

Accessories, hair, and face styles as well. All those can be used with the NGS models.

@Weirdo said in Is it harder for new people than the old? What they missed compared to what they get?:

Accessories as well

That is a yes and no. While they do work on NGS bodies they work as PSO2 accessories do. NGS accessories work differently. Biggest thing is that they show up in cutscenes. Pso2 accessories do not.

People probably aren't going to let presence in single-player cutscenes that nobody else can see affect their choice of accessories.

But they might let the digressing coloration affect their choices. PSO2 accessories can use the coloration of PSO2:NGS outfits but they don't match:

b46ec6fd-1e04-42fb-9617-f4502b751d9c-image.png

This is a shot from the closed beta: The PSO2 Oculus Hat using the Color 1 of the PSO2:NGS Mates Quarter setwear yet looking substantially darker. If there was an NGS equivalent default accessory hat that matched basewear/setwear Color 1 better, it would make more sense to use that instead. (And yes apparently you can use unused colours e.g. from CAST parts you're not wearing and set those to be a different shade to manually force it to match, but I think that might require an N-Color Change Pass).

@Zeke said in Is it harder for new people than the old? What they missed compared to what they get?:

Emotes and weapon cosmetics being the exception. They can still be used with the NGS models.

Yep, I expect weapon camos to hold their value. They've always been a safe "investment".

@Weirdo said in Is it harder for new people than the old? What they missed compared to what they get?:

face styles

"face styles" are a bit of an exception here, while you can use them with the NGS models several of the NGS model exclusive functions will be turned off while doing so.

@Ryoga

While largely true, there are a couple PSO2 faces that aren't very impacted by this (Lamia, Aeros) due to their nature, and those in particular will cross over quite well.

Now, if only they weren't extremely limited (~2 mission passes for lamia and 40 or 160 USD scratch bonus for aeros)... 🙂

@LusterMain said in Is it harder for new people than the old? What they missed compared to what they get?:

Now, if only they weren't extremely limited (~2 mission passes for lamia and 40 or 160 USD scratch bonus for aeros)...

They should just add all the old MP items to the Weapon Badge exchanges or add Mission Badges to the Tier Mission rewards and then add the old MP items to the Mission Badge exchange. Without the Lamia face the Lamia CV set from the perm scratch will always be incomplete and the CV sets don't mix well with the non CV sets from previous scratches so as long as the MP sets are unobtainable CAST fashion will always be a mess.

@Ryoga

Definitely. It's really bugged me that they've still not announced any plans (or haven't seen any announcements) to make mission pass exclusives available again even though it's end was announced a while ago. Hurts a lot for CASTs especially seeing as mission passes made up such a large amount of the total CAST parts in global - and that sega makes new CAST sets very, very slowly.

@Zeke said in Is it harder for new people than the old? What they missed compared to what they get?:

Accessories as well

That is a yes and no. While they do work on NGS bodies they work as PSO2 accessories do. NGS accessories work differently. Biggest thing is that they show up in cutscenes. Pso2 accessories do not.

Wait, seriously? Damn it all, I just found a pair of Ear accessories I like...... recent scratch. Hopefully they will have something similar in NGS.

@Zeke I think you might be mistaken. When the info about stuff transferring between PSO2 and NGS was first being released a lot of it was mistranslated, I believe you are referring to information from this post, that was completely messed up when it was first posted and has since been corrected to say that if you are wearing a NGS outfit in PSO2 you will have your costume switched to a default one during cutscenes. If this isn't what you are talking about can you provide any source for PSO2 accessories not working in NGS. I searched through all the articles I could find about PSO2 items in NGS and the most I could find about the difference between the two types of accessories was that new accessories released in NGS will have more customization options.

Yeah, I never heard anything about accessories either and there is also the fact that they show up in the benchmark cutscene when all the accessories in there are the starting ones in base PSO2 leads me to doubt these claims.