Why did they remove the episode packs?

So I went to buy the episode 6 pack just now because I was just kind of sitting on the decision to buy it or not, and it's just... gone. I KNOW that they announced the removal of "founder's packs" and I thought nothing of it because I only wanted an episode pack. They only showed 3 packs in that announcement, but they just completely deleted everything from the store except AC.

I'm just frustrated that they didn't elaborate on their vague warning about the removal of founder packs. Does anyone know if they'll return the items in some way? I really wanted the furta and shaker set and it's frustrating that it's just gone..

I won't be much help sadly, but you'll have to contact support directly 😧 AFAIK, if you haven't claimed the item in-game, you can ask for a refund from Windows or Steam; you'll get your money back in full. For some reason though, PSO2 Sega Team also has a dumb bot that sometimes suspends accounts when doing refunds sometimes (if 1st time purchase or a lot of refunds), so if that happens, open another topic in Support category on the forum. Yeah, Sega should have been more clear on those discontinued things in an article.

Hmmm as for the items themselves, you can search the player shop for those, some of those items like the shaker are tradeable (iirc).

@Xaiyeon said in Why did they remove the episode packs?:

I won't be much help sadly, but you'll have to contact support directly 😧 AFAIK, if you haven't claimed the item in-game, you can ask for a refund from Windows or Steam; you'll get your money back in full. For some reason though, PSO2 Sega Team also has a dumb bot that sometimes suspends accounts when doing refunds sometimes (if 1st time purchase or a lot of refunds), so if that happens, open another topic in Support category on the forum.

I didn't wanna make it seem like I had bought the pack and didn't get it, my bad. I was just taking a few days to decide if I wanted it or not since it is a bit pricey for just some cosmetics and xp tickets. It's just baffling to me that a company would remove a pack like this.... it's like Sega doesn't want the money anymore, since it's completely free to leave digital dlc up. Also I didn't know you could trade the pack items but it also seems like they're pretty expensive atm (for obvious reasons) on my ship. I just hope I can buy them somehow eventually.

Yeah im pretty pissed about it

I'd love to know that myself

I bought one Oracle pack as a just in case kind of thing...turns out my hunch was correct. If you're going to remove cosmetic packs, word your statements properly. Players shouldn't have to guess which ones will be going away.

Don't you just love it when people tell them they neglected to mention something and it takes forever before anyone from their team replies to it in any way too. Wow good team they have for global. Sometimes they never acknowledge stuff like this at all either. Yes there's some more active GMs on the forums, but they're just the middle man on any info like that, we need someone that can actually pass info like this faster.

And I'm not talking about the controversial topics, I mean in general there were other things they removed in an update they forgot to mention to anyone.

They really should have hired someone to fill like a community manager role at least. Whichever people run the twitter aren't really anything like that either (whether they want to do so or not, idk, but it's not part of their job no matter which case it is), they mostly just post info they get whenever SEGA decides to send it to them, and memes.

What they know how to reply? They never did about any of the censorship even when just asked for a reason.

@Weirdo They have for certain things, but yeah like I said when they do decide to acknowledge any issue it usually takes them much longer than it should. It's pretty much a gamble whether they will or not. And the support team is usually less than helpful, which doesn't make it any better.