I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.

@ZeeHero9271 said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

@Weirdo said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

Not to mention that there are people born with parts of both genders. Gender is not biologically binary.

There are people born with 3 eyes, does this mean humans are not meant to have 2?

I am laughing and crying so hard that someone would even begin to think I have anything against trans/gay/queer/rainbow/helicopter whatever.

I merely pointed out scientific fact and in the very SAME post, mentioned that this does NOT affect social aspects or how we should treat someone.

People are people worthy of being treated equally no matter how they may wish to be viewed in society. Gender may be a biological fact but it is ALSO a social construct in some ways, in the ways that it can affect human interactions.

The fact that people are knee jerking to even suggest I have something against anyone based on my post earlier is incredibly saddening. People can't have a rational discussion about anything anymore without being witch hunted for daring to disagree.

Dont you know? If you dont see things they others do you automatically are problematic. Doesnt matter if youre speaking facts or not. Welcome to western society

Why are people on these forums so transphobic? lol.

I swear there's so many threads with complete shitheads who talk about "facts" when they're really just being insufferable cunts.

@Matt said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

Why are people on these forums so transphobic? lol.

I swear there's so many threads with complete shitheads who talk about "facts" when they're really just being insufferable cunts.

Who here is being transphobic? The only insufferable one atm is you, calling people cunts because youre offended about nothing

I just think it's funny that this thread stays up but if one (1) person asks for a thread on the global height limit to be closed then the mods do it in the blink of an eye

@The-Merfox said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

I just think it's funny that this thread stays up but if one (1) person asks for a thread on the global height limit to be closed then the mods do it in the blink of an eye

Not true, we had a thread dealing with the overall censorship stay up for several months. It was shut down because there were people coming into the thread to spread blind hate, and it as a result, devolved into a full blown flame war. If it took only one person trying to lock a thread, it never would have lasted so long.

@The-Merfox said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

nope most of those that ended up closed is because someone started insulting or hateful speech, many others created are still open just aren't in the first page anymore.

Not true! They get close pretty fast. Unless it is on the suggestion section of the forums where most of the community ignores there hopeless requests of selfish wants.

This post is deleted!

@Anarchy-Marine @Jamesmor

I was mostly talking about this thread that was locked with no message from the GMs, only a couple of people deciding they'd had enough

Honorable mentions to this other thread that was closed because the topic changed slightly, and the months-long one where the mod closing it only said replying to hate was against the rule, not spewing it in the first place

@Anarchy-Marine @Jamesmor

I was mostly talking about this thread that was locked with no message from the GMs, only a couple of people deciding they'd had enough

Honorable mentions to this other thread that was closed because the topic changed slightly, and the months-long one where the mod closing it only said replying to hate was against the rule, not spewing it in the first place

This is out of context. If you actually looked at who wanted the thread locked, it was a person who didn't want the censorship, and rightly felt that because the majority there felt that censorship wasn't warranted, because the "think of the children" argument was the weakest, to prevent the thread becoming a flame war, said user requested a thread lock. If your going to victimize/martyr a thread, don't be so disingenuous.

The GM was right in locking a thread to a person no longer in the forums, and the only one not fairly locked, was the one I mentioned. The people that kept antagonizing supporters of that thread should have been temporarily prevented from posting, when they actively went out of their way to call people groomers, and warned that further infractions would result in a ban.

Just feel that gender titles would be the easiest solution to this...

So you want what? You want SEGA to put every new made up gender people make up every X amount of years into their game?

I have no problems with what people want to identify us, but first you said that you liked what they did and then you turned 180o backwards and said that it is not a good thing to do not be able to identify us whatever you want to.

Do you want SEGA to add for example "trap" as a gender? I have no idea how NGS genders will work, since i wasn't following the news, but it's a game dude/girl. They even let you play as a robot - Cast, which i am not sure but i think that they are AI and not female or male.

Just create a character and have fun with the game. . .some people need to grow up and stop getting stuck on the details.

@Prokaizer said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

So you want what? You want SEGA to put every new made up gender people make up every X amount of years into their game?

I have no problems with what people want to identify us, but first you said that you liked what they did and then you turned 180o backwards and said that it is not a good thing to do not be able to identify us whatever you want to.

Do you want SEGA to add for example "trap" as a gender? I have no idea how NGS genders will work, since i wasn't following the news, but it's a game dude/girl. They even let you play as a robot - Cast, which i am not sure but i think that they are AI and not female or male.

Just create a character and have fun with the game. . .some people need to grow up and stop getting stuck on the details.

careful saying stuff like that, you get certain labels speaking that way

Hi all. In regards to this thread and the one before, we've closed them due to a high potential for violation of our forum guideline 1.B, which states that "b. Sharing or posting content that discriminates against anyone’s race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, sexual identity, or sexual orientation" is prohibited. In doing this, no "side" is taken.

For more information, please see this link.