I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.

This smells like bait and if it isnt...yikes

@Kodiakmax said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

Well, darn. I like 'em both. I'm allergic IRL but virtual kinda fill the need.

Well, it's made in japan, so the best you could get for a canid creature would be either a wolf or a fox. The chance of anything else is basically nonexistent.

@Yggranya IDK, there are puppy headmounts as well as the cat ones in OG PSO2, I thought they might put dogs in NGS alongside the cats.

Can't you pick a gender pronoun seperately? that should honestly solve any legitimate issues someone could have. I mean, until they add the attack helicopter body models.... totally a possibility for CAST.

I know some people don't want to hear this, but gender is and always has been BIOLOGICALLY binary.

The social implications are seperate. If someone is born one gender and wishes to be treated as another, then we should grant that wish since that is how they can live happily, it is not our business what someone else does in private or how they wish to be called.

Now, it'd honestly be pretty cool if one day we get some super technology that can literally change someones biological sex to the opposite, as if they had been born that way, while it may sound awkward and strange it also would allow people to literally experience what the other side goes through which could have positive social implications.

But for now, if you are born as one gender, you will always, biologically, have something left over from that, until such a time when we make such advancements in science. This is nothing to be angry about or ashamed of nor is it bigoted or mean to point out. it is simple biological fact, which does NOT change how we should view or treat other people.

@Kodiakmax Might? Sure, but it's unlikely.

@ZeeHero9271 said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

I know some people don't want to hear this, but gender is and always has been BIOLOGICALLY binary.

Considering this wasn't the point of the topic (it was about gender), your comment came off as you having a bone to pick in regards to transgender/non-binary people, which does come off as very transphobic and prejudiced against non-binary individuals.

edit: I clipped most of what I quoted, so if you realize your error you can still delete your post.

Not to mention that there are people born with parts of both genders. Gender is not biologically binary.

This topic is inappropriate! This has nothing to do with Sega and game play........

@Weirdo it is defined by genetic because even those who are born with both genitalia have a XX or XY chromossome, still let's not open the can of worms of the genders here is not worth it and everyone has their own opinion over it.

@Weirdo said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

Not to mention that there are people born with parts of both genders. Gender is not biologically binary.

There are people born with 3 eyes, does this mean humans are not meant to have 2?

I am laughing and crying so hard that someone would even begin to think I have anything against trans/gay/queer/rainbow/helicopter whatever.

I merely pointed out scientific fact and in the very SAME post, mentioned that this does NOT affect social aspects or how we should treat someone.

People are people worthy of being treated equally no matter how they may wish to be viewed in society. Gender may be a biological fact but it is ALSO a social construct in some ways, in the ways that it can affect human interactions.

The fact that people are knee jerking to even suggest I have something against anyone based on my post earlier is incredibly saddening. People can't have a rational discussion about anything anymore without being witch hunted for daring to disagree.

Again, you felt the need to bring it up at all in this thread when that wasn't the focus of it, which paints your intentions in a negative light right off the bat.

The discussion was about the inclusiveness of the change from body types being labelled by gender, to labelling them via type 1, type 2, etc.

You guys realize they changed it to "Type #" so that they can introduce new body meshs right?

And in case you didn't, that's the exact reason why they did that. You can feel free to look up the broadcast they did when they introduced the change.

@IAMCRAIG said in I appreciate Sega's attempts to be more inclusive in New Genesis, but for some of us, the new gender choices can be a bit upsetting.:

Again, you felt the need to bring it up at all in this thread when that wasn't the focus of it, which paints your intentions in a negative light right off the bat.

The discussion was about the inclusiveness of the change from body types being labelled by gender, to labelling them via type 1, type 2, etc.

No......The thread topic is open ended misdirection tactic of indoctrination. Just like your comment is misleading pin point course correction to the fact.

Plus this whole thread is just to cause confusion of justification.

either you make your own game, or change your name from karen