F2P player, how do you play multiple classes with only one MAG?

I have been primarily an Braver/Phantom player, and because of that I always used DEX mag. I later on really wanted to get into playing the Hero and Techer, however I felt at a disadvantage with those classes, because I was using DEX mag, and as a F2P player, I'm pretty sure you cannot get another MAG.

For those who are F2P, how do you handle playing multiple classes with only one MAG? Or there are alternatives?

Some people use separate characters to play other classes, because every character gets an extra mag. because of successor subclasses being better for pretty much every class, you only need 2 characters (or mags) to be able to play as every main class.

Personally, I got a super cheap deal for a short amount of some xbox subscription that gave me a first time bonus pack for PSO2 - which included enough ac to buy another mag.

Unfortunately you have to kinda just deal with either not having a mag, play on an alt or play classes that use your specific mag. For example, since you play Techer, you might wanna play Te/Ph to make use of your dex mag.

What LusterMain and NIC said. Because most of the current builds use Phantom and Étoile was sub classes, you pretty much only need 2 mags, DEX and a pure ATK Mag.

Melee has the most classes for it so you can't go wrong.

Their is one work around if you want to play on the same char, though it’s a bit of a hassle. You can buy 200 mag level down devices, which are 5 ex cubes each, and will cost you a stack of cubes to do. That will allow you to take your mag down to zero again, and then you can level it in the stat you want

Long story short a dex mag is normally fine if you run phantom as a subclass. Very few classes can double dip from mags so don’t worry about it too much. FYI if you’re a F2P, if you have a character with range, melee and or dex mag on your characters you can play optimize builds for each of those classes with no problem.

If you want to play classes with different attack stats on the same character you're stuck buying more mags unfortunately. Thankfully mags are very cheap and only cost like 200 AC each. You can't buy less than 500 AC anyway, so that's enough to get you two more mags.

I don't use a pure mag. It's kind of well rounded in some places.

Originally I just used a different character for different classes that had the same stat. Only within the last few months have I been swapping to different classes on those characters, and I'm finding the loss of the mainstat to not be a huge deal overall, though I'm not the kind that has to push the highest in the newest content, I just don't have the stable schedule to arrange with friends/guildies to pull that off.

If you're casul skum, you don't really need to worry about min/maxing with your mag

@Frathlir said in F2P player, how do you play multiple classes with only one MAG?:

Originally I just used a different character for different classes that had the same stat. Only within the last few months have I been swapping to different classes on those characters, and I'm finding the loss of the mainstat to not be a huge deal overall, though I'm not the kind that has to push the highest in the newest content, I just don't have the stable schedule to arrange with friends/guildies to pull that off.

If you're casul skum, you don't really need to worry about min/maxing with your mag

Please don't word this this way. This is misleading and the mag stats are much more significant than other things to consider it minmaxing. 200 points in a stat may not sound that big, but it does make much more of a difference than say the difference in choosing one race over the other, whether it's multiplied by stat modifiers or not (it would still be affected by crits regardless), 200 in a damage stat actually can be the difference between able to do certain content or not.

If you mess up a few points it's not that bad, but no you should definitely try to use the right mag if you intend to stick with a class that uses that stat for a significant amount of time (especially if you plan to do higher level UQs, there are ones where every point of damage counts). As people above said there are classes you can mix and max mag stats, because they have a skill that converts either dex, or the attack stats into the appropriate stat, but you still need to make sure to use the correct one ot those two for those classes then.

But you shouldn't encourage people to not even bother to use the correct mag, when it's not that difficult to do, and is correctable in the end eventually as you either make another character for the other stat, or gather enough ex cubes to trade for the items to fix the messed up stats.

I just use full 200 dex mag for all my classes.